This is what happens when some women runs a red light, and hits you!

hope you got a good insurance policy.

It would actually be the other parties insurance that should be the one paying.....BTW they owe you for a rental car while the car is being repaired since it was not your fault. Insurance companies dont like telling people that since they usually have to pay out hundreds of dollars more.

haha, not that bad, its def. not totaled, no frame damage, looks like the ball joint broke, i could fix it back to new for about 1500-2000

couple wheels, 400
couple bumpers, 500
minor body damage, 200
knee assembly, 200
fender, 150
tail light, 90
headlight. 90

wow you are WAY low on your estimate there.

Bumpers $650 each
Fender $300
Hood $500
Wheel $350x2
headlamp $250
knee $300
alignment $70
quarter panel 10 hours x 50hr $500

Plus paint time (hood, bumpers, fender, blend both doors, quarter panel, blend rt roof rail, etc)

I bet it is closer to a total than you think

Depends on who their insurance company is really. If they write for used parts I think it will save, if they write for all new oem stuff, i think its going to be close.

Either way good luck to the OP, and if you have any questions, or need me to walk through the repair process or want to know how to proceed let me know!

How'd the other car look? Always interested in how the LS holds up in different collisions.

BTW they owe you for a rental car while the car is being repaired since it was not your fault. Insurance companies dont like telling people that since they usually have to pay out hundreds of dollars more.

True... not much fun though when you have to drive a f'ing Toyota Camry for a week. Looking back, i should have ragged the piss outta that thing.

camrys aint that bad...id have it any day over something like a prius.

DAM. That is pretty hard impact on the front fender area...

Good luck with the insurance and hope you repair it!

True... not much fun though when you have to drive a f'ing Toyota Camry for a week. Looking back, i should have ragged the piss outta that thing.

better than walking. It just sux you'll have to drive with a bag over your head while driving it so no one sees you, but then again you drive an ls, your probably used to being embarrassed while driving. lol. jk (i love coming over here and starting chit)

Its alright...we enjoy the jealously of you guys driving 10+ year old cars.

It would actually be the other parties insurance that should be the one paying.....BTW they owe you for a rental car while the car is being repaired since it was not your fault. Insurance companies dont like telling people that since they usually have to pay out hundreds of dollars more.

wow you are WAY low on your estimate there.

Bumpers $650 each
Fender $300
Hood $500
Wheel $350x2
headlamp $250
knee $300
alignment $70
quarter panel 10 hours x 50hr $500

Plus paint time (hood, bumpers, fender, blend both doors, quarter panel, blend rt roof rail, etc)

I bet it is closer to a total than you think

Depends on who their insurance company is really. If they write for used parts I think it will save, if they write for all new oem stuff, i think its going to be close.

Either way good luck to the OP, and if you have any questions, or need me to walk through the repair process or want to know how to proceed let me know!

WAY low? hes not a cow, so im not going to try to milk him, i know times are tough for people and they love to tax on hundreds of dollars, but if i were in his shoes i would find all the parts i mentioned for the prices i listed, im not talking about what tasca is charging, bagge is from new england, and just about every junkyard has atleast one LS in it, so my prices stand

Well I heard back from the Insurance company today, and the car is totaled. They are offering me $9,296.88 after taxes for the car which is better than I thought they would offer. The other drivers insurance company accepted liability for it so I didn't have to pay a deductible. Haven't accepted the offer just yet, might see if they will go higher, but I don't think they will. Plus gives me a little more time with the rental (2010 HHR), so I have something to drive while I search for a new ride! Heading down after work to take of the grill, and the KKM.

Well I heard back from the Insurance company today, and the car is totaled. They are offering me $9,296.88 after taxes for the car which is better than I thought they would offer. The other drivers insurance company accepted liability for it so I didn't have to pay a deductible. Haven't accepted the offer just yet, might see if they will go higher, but I don't think they will. Plus gives me a little more time with the rental (2010 HHR), so I have something to drive while I search for a new ride! Heading down after work to take of the grill, and the KKM.

ask your insurance if you can keep the car for some of the price off the 9296.00

ill buy your car for whatever they take off, 1-1500

No thank you, I would rather not deal with anything like that.

you dont want your car? you should keep it and since its a "total loss" insurance would only take $1000 off your check. you could easily fix the car. theres no frame damage, its all parts- easily found at local junk yards, and the rest of the things you would need could be bought at advance auto

Members online

No members online now.
Back