Third Lincoln

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add to my Lincoln Stable with something a little more winter friendly than the LS and the Mark VIII. I love the Navigator, but honestly I know nothing about them. I dont really have time to dig through here reading since I'm leaving from work to go check one out. What are some quick things I should know / look for.

they suck i hate them they are freakishly big and consume too much gas and i hate the stock wheels and the interior isnt what i thought it would be and i dont use periods or any appropriate punctuation and i hate the way the grill looks and if your gonna spend that much money you may as well get Mark LT lincoln truck

I'm fairly happy with my Aviator if you decide you don't need the size of the Navigator. The AWD is pretty good but you sacrifice some gas mileage for it...in the winter it seems I was getting no better than 12mpg, 13.5 in the summer, keeping in mind that's primarily city driving.

I've been looking at gas milage of cars callot lately..... I guess the LS is a freak. She is heavy, has plenty of sack, handles like a dream and still gets better mpg combined than the new V6 mustangs, the edge/MKX etc etc etc.

Aviator is the explorer sized one right? I'm looking to get into something for a song. I am looking at selling my LS and my Mark to pay off bills for someone and maybe pick up a 4wd/awd replacement. I've been spoiled with my lincolns though so I want to keep the star on the front

Yes, the Aviator is built off the Explorer platform and was available in 03/04/05. It should be noted that the engine in the Aviator is the 32V 4.6L from the Mustang Mach 1 and Cobra at 302bhp, not the 24V 4.6L available in the Explorer at around 250bhp.

I bought my 2005 off ebay last year for $24,500.00 USD. It had 11,000 miles and full factory warrany until January 2010. I've still been watching ebay and the prices have come down considerably most likely due to the skyrocketing fuel prices and plummeting economy. You should be able to pick up a very decent one with 30-60k on it for between $14 and $17k.

I've been looking at gas milage of cars callot lately..... I guess the LS is a freak. She is heavy, has plenty of sack, handles like a dream and still gets better mpg combined than the new V6 mustangs, the edge/MKX etc etc etc.

Aviator is the explorer sized one right? I'm looking to get into something for a song. I am looking at selling my LS and my Mark to pay off bills for someone and maybe pick up a 4wd/awd replacement. I've been spoiled with my lincolns though so I want to keep the star on the front

They changed the way they calculate EPA for cars, so your LS should be 1-2 MPG lower because of it.

I'm looking to add to my Lincoln Stable with something a little more winter friendly than the LS and the Mark VIII. I love the Navigator, but honestly I know nothing about them. I dont really have time to dig through here reading since I'm leaving from work to go check one out. What are some quick things I should know / look for.

Depending on what size SUV you want and how important gas mileage is, you might as well look at a Navigator for room and comfort. And the way the market is right now, you may be able to pick one up cheap. I really love our Navi, a '99 that we bought just this past January with only 65K miles. We got a good deal and the truck does everything we need it to do. The A4WD works great and the size makes you feel safe.

Naturally, the newer the Navi, the more options and advances there are available to you.

The gas mileage is what it is...I just fill it when it needs to be filled and drive it when I need to go somewhere. The one plus is that I live less than 2 miles from my job, so I'm not burning a ton of fuel on my commute.

I've owned a 1995 Continental and a 1997 Mark VIII. The Conti was far and away the best car in the snow that I've ever owned, and the Mark was the worst. You might look at a Conti if you'd like to stick with a car, but want a little more room than the LS.

I've heard that Avaitor owners aren't as happy with the AWD setup as the Navigator owners are with they're A4WD/4 HI/4 LO setup. Personal preference, I guess.

Good Luck with your search!

Members online

No members online now.
Back