thinking of buying a marauder

Mill1978

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I love the mark viii but after I get back Im thinking about looking at a couple marauders...... Anybody have any experience with them

There's a local one for sale with an eaton supercharger and $7000 sound system. Wants $18,000 for it. Find a stock one with 60k for around $10,000, too expensive in my opinion. Could get a clean gen 2 Mark VIII and supercharge it instead.

There's a local one for sale with an eaton supercharger and $7000 sound system. Wants $18,000 for it. Find a stock one with 60k for around $10,000, too expensive in my opinion. Could get a clean gen 2 Mark VIII and supercharge it instead.

That's the one thing about them...I can geta mark for cheaper price..

They are nice cars but way overpriced compared to what you can pick up a old detective cruiser and do your own mods. Twice the car for half the money

They are nice cars but way overpriced compared to what you can pick up a old detective cruiser and do your own mods. Twice the car for half the money

Marauders are 4V dohc.

No police interceptors are not twice the car...marauders go harder. Much more rare too. If you want a maruder on the cheap you could buy a black or silver grand marquis and swap in a 4v motor. Not sure if a mark motor would work. Think it would have to be an aviator block.

Marauders are 4V dohc.

No police interceptors are not twice the car...marauders go harder. Much more rare too. If you want a maruder on the cheap you could buy a black or silver grand marquis and swap in a 4v motor. Not sure if a mark motor would work. Think it would have to be an aviator block.

+1 or if you are into numbers,

Police Interceptor 2v - 250 hp / 297 lb-ft torque
Mercury Marauder 4v - 302 hp / 318 lb-ft torque

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine

Marauders are 4V dohc.

Pretty sure you just need to an 03 or newer panther platform to easily fit any 4.6 dohc motor

Price was the reason I bought the Mark VIII. I wanted the DOHC 4.6 but not for 10K+.

An even cheaper option would be to just get a Crown Vic interceptor, put some Hitech stage2s in it and full bolt-ons and let er rip.

Here's a local buddy of mine in his 01 Crown Vic. He has forged internals. Manley rods/pistons running 10.6:1 compression ratio. Ummm, yeah it moves like a 4 valve. His best run NA is a 13.41. He's never ran it with the 125 shot, but I would guess mid-low 12s easy. On his NA tune the converter is unlocked all the way to 95 mph. No lockup in second gear at all.
NA:
crown vic 0-90 with built 4.6/highstall ....... - YouTube

On the shot:
Quickvic30 victor jr intake nitrous 125 shot short pulls - YouTube

I agree they're overpriced/expensive, but they're definitely a cool car. I certainly wouldn't mind having one. There was a guy over on FvC way back when I was an active member over there years ago who bought a Marauder when his 96 Mark VIII got totalled, and he had nothing but good things to say about the Merc. I seem to remember him actually comparing the two cars, but I can't seem to find that thread now or remember exactly what was said besides the fact he was really pleased with his new car. His name on there was 96DiamondVIII (I was able to find/remember that much in my searching lol) if anyone wants to do further searching. I was able to find this in my search, so I thought I'd share it (and yes, Custom72Continental was me :shifty: lol) : http://www.fordvschevy.com/chevy-ford-forums/topic/6596-merc-marauder/

I would love to own a Marauder. Coming from an 03+ panther to a Mark is certainly a change. I really wish I could afford a Marauder or at least another Crown Vic. I wouldn't say they are overpriced... They are fairly rare cars.

I got to sit in the driver's seat of one once, right before I picked up my Town Car. The marauder is my dream car (why I didn't even test drive the one I sat in, didn't want to fall too much in love and sign away my soul), A big BOF american boat, with balls, that scrape the ground as you drive past, and make tires scream bloody murder.

Its a cool car because you can slap on a taxi cab sign on the door and make some extra cash when needed. In NY you dont even have to display taxi credentials, people just jump in the back without even asking and give you cash.

I'd love to have a Marauder. But my dream Marauder would be a '64 2-door model with the 410hp 427 FE block V-8 and 4-speed top loader:D But a new one would be cool too. They're good looking cars. And I love big BOF American boats. I've had several Town Cars and a couple of Crown Vic's and loved them all. And the Marauder goes as good as it looks.

There are some advantages to a Maurauder. Marauder's have the C heads which is more conducive to supercharging, better trans. A few other performannce items Mark's lack like a traction lock. Hit the Marauder forum. there are some nice ones for sale up there. Better chance of it being well cared for. Might have a few more after market upgrade options, but I really don't know. just guessing. You can't really have less than the Mark's. :)

Its a cool car because you can slap on a taxi cab sign on the door and make some extra cash when needed. In NY you dont even have to display taxi credentials, people just jump in the back without even asking and give you cash.

+1 lmao

Happens to my Dad a lot in his Grand Marq. No lie. lol

No sh!t maverick...i didnt know that was you from FVC

Its like good old times back in the hotrod lincoln section and a little FVC reunion in here. Heres, tommy! haha thats funny stuff about your dad, i remember when he got in that car and rid of his gen 1, i was thinking of buying it way back when before i even had a VIII...lol

Now FVC is completely dead, alot of internet forums are

I love Marauders, if I didnt choose to mod the Mark i would have considered buying one...i just cant afford two RWD Ford money pits...

I love the mark viii but after I get back Im thinking about looking at a couple marauders...... Anybody have any experience with them

I was looking to buy one this last summer. Test drove 2 of them, they drive GREAT. Real nice suspension, think they come with 3.55s stock also. I couldn't get the interest rate I wanted so I ended up not buying one. Now I'm letting my credit "mature" then I'll be on the hunt again. They're getting harder and harder to find though.

No sh!t maverick...i didnt know that was you from FVC

Its like good old times back in the hotrod lincoln section and a little FVC reunion in here. Heres, tommy! haha thats funny stuff about your dad, i remember when he got in that car and rid of his gen 1, i was thinking of buying it way back when before i even had a VIII...lol

Now FVC is completely dead, alot of internet forums are

Haha, yep, it's me! I didn't know you were the same Lux from FvC either! I either didn't know or forgot you had a Mark VIII now. I remember you having Mark VII's, and doing the 5-speed swaps (right?). Oh, and while we're having our little FvC reunion, Tommy, I stumbled across this old thread I started last night when I was searching for the Marauder stuff: http://www.fordvschevy.com/chevy-ford-forums/topic/6567-mn-12-t-bird-46-qs/page__fromsearch__1. I never did get to race that guy. It was a week or two after he agreed to race me, he came back and told me I was right and he didn't have a DOHC and he didn't want to race anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back