Thinking about these wheels... First time shopper

NeuMarkTx

LVC Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting these on all four corners, having trouble finding another instance where someone had a 30 offset with an 18" wheel. Can anyone offer their fitment experiences? Recommend some tire sizes? I know GMAN runs these with a 36 offset with apparently no rubbing. Have been looking through the wheel threads but not finding the answer i'm looking for, don't have alot of funds for trial and error lol. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300915891142

Any input is appreciated.

Sorry, yea it has the swapped hub's/cobra brakes, screw-rice's old car, the wheels he/it has currently:

-18" black deep dish bullits with polished lip (18x9 255/35/18 up front 18x10 285/35/18 rears)

the ebay set looks fine. possible slight fender rubbing. different cars are different.

the craigslist set may rub the fenders depending on ride height and tire width. the 94-04 mustangs run less offset and the wheels stick out a little farther.

the ebay set looks fine. possible slight fender rubbing. different cars are different.

the craigslist set may rub the fenders depending on ride height and tire width. the 94-04 mustangs run less offset and the wheels stick out a little farther.

Ride height is stock, tires on the craigslist wheels are "FRONTS 255/35/18 REARS 265/40/18" 24mm offset, at some point I would probably put all four tires to 255/35/18, Ive been playing with a tire size calculator but i'm still at a loss, the tires were an unexpected setback and have to be replaced, so now i'm looking at going ahead and doing the wheels too, really don't want to nor can I spend $200+ apiece on tires now or in the future.

What IS the ideal offset to start with for an 18x9? or even 17x8/9? I saw that KeVIIIN has 18x9 Cobra R's with the 36mm offset.

Had to log in to reply. You want to get rid of the bullitts for one of the two most played out bland wheels available? I thought you had taste...apparently not. :lol:

Had to log in to reply. You want to get rid of the bullitts for one of the two most played out bland wheels available? I thought you had taste...apparently not. :lol:

Better than steelies, the tires are jacked, right now I just need to run something that's safe and I can afford.

Dude, you are hubswapped! You can play with so many wheels. Don't get married to any of them. I would buy used off of Craigslist. If you don't like them you can sell them again & on to the next set! :D

Yea i'm checking a bunch of stuff out, I just get ADD with presented with too many options, just trying to find something that won't have fitment issues if only temporary, budget has become more of an issue as with buying any used car I guess sometimes there's some things that come up you don't expect.

I guess these are out then...

8330360023_large.jpg

8330360023_large.jpg

18x9s should be ok with a 36mm offset.
the 17x9s with a 36mm offset have been rubbing on people's cars lately. so maybe those should be more like a 30mm offset.

30mm offset still sits alright, but some people say 24mm offset is pushing it too far.

personally, i run 17x9s with a 24mm offset and 275 tires at all four corners, and i love it.

18x9s should be ok with a 36mm offset.
the 17x9s with a 36mm offset have been rubbing on people's cars lately. so maybe those should be more like a 30mm offset.

30mm offset still sits alright, but some people say 24mm offset is pushing it too far.

personally, i run 17x9s with a 24mm offset and 275 tires at all four corners, and i love it.

Interesting...

What kind of ride height are you running?

stock rear height, slight drop in the front. bilstein shocks in the back. fairly new OEM air shocks up front.

2013-04-05172630_zpsd7d504dc.jpg

PLEASE look in to the VISION AUTOBAHN wheels ebay has them and they are like 330 or so for a full complete set with shipping included. no hub swap or modifications needed, they have direct fit bolt on ones for the mark vii that are 5x4.25 with a 39 or 40 mm offset.

Members online

No members online now.
Back