thinking about a move to an ls

mark007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
okay guys heres your chance to convince someone to get an ls. and not st do it cause its a better car or anything like that. but give me some real info. likes/dislikes. colors that look the best. where to go for modificatiuon support beside here. basically list it all. tell me what works and what to stay away from. and for those who know me from other lincoln boards, yeah it doesnt look good for the navi which will traded in on an ls or kept as a tow vehicle. if i decide to keep the navi then well the mark has to go. or hell they both can go. heck the mark has been in the rebuilding stage for 3+yrs and is not going anywhere. if i can make back half of what i got in it and lose the gator, i might have a prtty clean ls or lse. oh yeah from what i read the '03 and up are the better years to get is that correct? just give me what you guys know and i'll check back tomorrow nite and see whats up. thanks.

Others will post their likes and dislikes, but I won't because I'm getting lazy in my old age. Read the boards, everything is covered.

'03 up Vivid Red is my personal preference, the LSE package is nice but not a dealbreaker. '06 LS had most of the appearance pieces from the LSE package. The safety features were important to me, all 2nd gen LS's had side airbags in the seats but some had side curtain in the headliner as well, also I think they all had traction control but not all had AdvanceTrac stability control. Both are hidden options that aren't usually advertised, if they are important to you you really have to look for them.

If you have to be convinced to buy LS, then it is not the car for you. You should do your own homework and not let everyone else make you decisions, only you know what you like and want.

I have always liked the LS from when it came out. I yawned a bit, at the HP, but 03+ cars fixed that, and 04+ fixed somemore things. So when I bought mine, I wasnt worried about anything other than the year, and miles...because I like the car, I bought it.

Year - 2000
Model - V6 Premium

Likes - Automatic Wipers
Speed Volume Radio (adjusts to compensate for road noise)
Memory Seats
Rear Wheel Drive
Heated Windshield Wipers
It's a sexy car
Exceptional Handling
It's American

Dis-Likes - V6
Auto
Expensive Repairs (unless you can do the work yourself and even then the parts are expensive)
Limited Aftermarket

That's about all I can think of right now. I might post another list if I can think of one, should be able to in class.

Get one. They are great. I drive mine about 21K per year. Just be prepared for more repairs than you are used to.
Dislike--not much aftermarket support for these cars.

If you have to be convinced to buy LS, then it is not the car for you. You should do your own homework and not let everyone else make you decisions, only you know what you like and want.

+1

I will say that silver metalic frost, black, white and the later silver birch are the best colors.

Ohhhh who could forget the cool color like NYC's what ever they call it color

2006 LS - The Best

I just picked up my 2006 LS with 24K miles on it for $23k from a little dealership in Ohio(original sticker was $45600). I had a 2004 lease but nothing like owning a LS and the 2006 is hands-down nicer looking
than 03-05 (unless you had an LSE).
The one rare option I have on my car that I don't see to many people have is both my mirrors on the doors fold in. I kinda like that!!!
2005-2006 LS you cant beat the prices right now. A whole lot of car for under $25K!!!!! MKZ does not compare to LS nor does the new MKS.

My Car:
2006 Cashmere Tri-Coat Pearl
Camel Interior
Moon-Roof
Folding Door Mirrors
Chrome Wheels
K&N Filter
White Gauges

Future mods: ALL Red Tails - 02 spoiler - LED conversion in Tails and Turn signals. Pioneer Avic-D3 install coming soon as well.

Thanks!!!

The one rare option I have on my car that I don't see to many people have is both my mirrors on the doors fold in. I kinda like that!!!

Folding mirrors were standard equipment with the "premium" models. They are not that rare.

Cool...

Thanks for the clarification. Guess not to many people get the premium model then. Heck its not even listed on the sticker under standard equip or as an option. Oh well nice to hear some other people have them.

Thanks.

well guys i do appreciate all the responses. and for some yes i did a good amount of reading on them. i had some definite views already, but without expressing them, i wanted to see if someone may type something i didnt read or see. to others i really wanted to stick between the 03-04 model, but may concider the 05-06 as an option now. if i do a ls, which is likely, it will be a black on dove grey or black on black. ive done some reading about upgrades and would like to start with a good brake and tire upgrade. just cant see the stoptech kit with that price tag, but something to that caliber. and wheels will be a definite 20inches. so first thing first. going car shopping this weekend. or i maybe picking my mark vii back up from Tennessee to bring back home to Texas and see what im going to do with it.

Don't buy one, you will be disappointed and its the worst investment ever.

No car is a good investment, but

Anyone who thinks this car is expensive to own has not had a wife, kids, or girlfriend. This car may need a few expensive parts to get it right, but after that it is a fine machine. The car can bring you lots of fun and luxury for little cost.

Don't buy one, you will be disappointed and its the worst investment ever.

I agree, I hate my LS. I feel like vomiting every time I look at it. Every time I sit down on the smooth leather seats, it annoyingly moves the seat to my liking, turn on those stupid cooled seats, and stomp on the gas and hear the roar of that oversized v8; I think, this is the worst thing i've ever spent money on.

^definitely not oversized*

i love mine. wish i had a newer model. but even my 00' has been a great car and i absolutely love driving it. at work, i constantly catch myself glancing at it, thinking of new mods. truly a fun car to own. turns alot of heads too...

i really, really, really, like my navy blue, when its clean. if i didn't work at a car wash, i would have already been looking at a paint job because having a dark colored car...sucks. they hold dirt and water spots like no other, but look great when clean...

well guys im off to look at a '03 LSE this afternoon. hopefully all goes well and i dont end up upside down too much from whats left on the navi.

power, this may make me look like an artard, but i thought your car was black... oh well, youve seen it in person you should know, right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back