Things to make better?

The rear seats. I always hated how you have to get in the trunk to pull them down.

Just about every car I have been in you do that from the inside.

I prefer the extra security of having to go through a locked trunk and locked out with a valet key. Yes sometimes a slight inconvenience but more security.

Maybe have the traction control default in off mode?

Best suggestion so far!

How about:

1: Auto down for all window switches?
2: Auto open for the sunroof for those that have one(I don't). Or do they already have that option?

Mark

Best suggestion so far!

How about:

2: Auto open for the sunroof for those that have one(I don't). Or do they already have that option?

Mark

I have always wanted auto down/up for every window!

Sunroof has an auto feature. You press the button all the way back and it will open all of the way.

To go along with that I would love to have auto up windows/auto close on the sunroof as well as auto up with the lock button on the remote

Yup I want to be able to close up the LS with the keyfob, apparently its possible with an aftermarket unit. Someone on here did it with the viper 5901 i think?

the stock key fob works best, after market ones try clicking it 2 or 3 times.

auto switches.... I've always wanted to. I'll look into it sometime this week. It just so happens that I have to rip apart my driver door to swap a speaker out any way so that may happen. What about one button to put ever window down?

I prefer the extra security of having to go through a locked trunk and locked out with a valet key. Yes sometimes a slight inconvenience but more security.

How so? If someone can get in the cabin they can pop the trunk with the button.

the stock key fob works best, after market ones try clicking it 2 or 3 times.

auto switches.... I've always wanted to. I'll look into it sometime this week. It just so happens that I have to rip apart my driver door to swap a speaker out any way so that may happen. What about one button to put ever window down?

What am I missing? Hold one button and every window does go down.

No Im saying if you hold the button they will go down now.

Yes. Hold the unlock and they ALL including the sunroof go down.

Or was he talking about the actual switch on the door?

he was talking about the key fob.... Im talking about a switch on the inside that auto up and down all 4 windows

Ok, well the key fob operates all four and the sunroof.

The drivers side has auto down from its switch but that's the only one. Making the other three auto down from the drivers controls would actually be a good one. Maybe even let the passenger do it as well but I personally having kids and all wouldnt want it on the rear except for it being controlled by the diriver.

How do you think you could make that possible? Would each switch need to be replaced with one like the drives window switch?

How so? If someone can get in the cabin they can pop the trunk with the button.

On the 2nd gen the trunk release is a key lock button on the dash that the valet key doesn't operate as the glove box and I believe the 1st gen has a key lock out glove box with a switch in the glove box disabling the trunk release.

I was talking about the fob being able to roll all windows up. I have a gen2 and the window switches are auto up and down for both front windows, just not the back. It would be cool to have it for all of them yea, but if you have the keyfob that rolls them all up you can just walk away.

That would be pretty cool but I was referring to 01LSVTs post.

I dont think it would work. Or at least I cant figure out a way myself without swapping it from another car that has that feature like some Infinities do. Even then who's to say with the way the LS works it would even function.

Yea i know; I was just trying to build off of it by saying you wouldnt need to like change/modify all the switches if we could just figure out how to get the keyfob to roll everything up. I didn't realize gen1s didnt have auto up/down for the passenger window or the moonroof.

We have it for the sunroof. Just not the passenger side unless mines broken. My window lock feature never worked so.... maybe it is.

Anyone else with a Gen 1 have auto down passenger?

Best suggestion so far!

How about:

Mark

the 2nd gens have auto up and down for the front two doors (which by the way is the best thing they change between the generations)

Yup I want to be able to close up the LS with the keyfob, apparently its possible with an aftermarket unit. Someone on here did it with the viper 5901 i think?

i have a viper 5701, and i set the extra channels to roll up or down the windows

wouldnt you need to change out the DDM and the switches, i though it controlled the windows (not really sure why i think it does)

I never roll down the back windows, i just think they look funny with the curve i them and since they dont roll down all the way

Nope on Gen 1's it is only the drivers window that is one touch down but a brand called Autoloc makes the universal kits to make any window a one touch up and down like BMW's.

Odd, it locks out the front passenger door switch and the rear door switches on both of my LS's (both gen II).

i just went out to double check and my 2nd gen does not lock out the passanger front window, only the back. i thought my 1st gen was the same way but im not 100%. they must have figured out this was stupid and fix it, (isnt yours an 05 or 06)

Members online

No members online now.
Back