Thieving Bastards!

rickztahone

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
my alarm pager goes off at 1am. surely enough there was a person in my back seat cutting my wires for my headrests. he didn't take them as i caught him in the act but still the damage was done. he ran and i gave chase but realized i didn't have a weapon on me and i didn't know if he did so i stopped chasing. broken window, tint replacement, and buy new headrests is what i'm looking in damages as of now. just wanted to vent, freaking bastards!, why don't they work for things rather than steal?

Rick Man that is too bad. Yeah people like that are pathetic. That is the danger having a lot of expensive things in your interior and parking outside.

i would have got the weapon first (9 iron) even though it would alow him more time to get away. or just slam his head in the door repeatedly.

Rick Man that is too bad. Yeah people like that are pathetic. That is the danger having a lot of expensive things in your interior and parking outside.

the worst part is, my car is inside the parking complex. i thought my car was secure but i guess if a thief wants something bad enough nothing will stop him. i've decided to move out and i will start looking for another place asap.

i would have got the weapon first (9 iron) even though it would alow him more time to get away. or just slam his head in the door repeatedly.

i was looking for my blade but the wife moved it. after a while i started thinking though and that was probably for the best that i didn't find it or else i wouldn't even be able to write about it on here, i'd probably be in jail. it all happens for a reason i guess. things can always be replaced when it deals with money but the feeling of insecurity and knowing that my family is not safe does not sit well with me.

You don't have a firearm? I would of been out there with my .40 and in his face.

wow, who steals headrests? cutting wires...i take it those would be wires for a monitor in the headrests. i guess that makes a little more sense.

sorry to hear about this.

That sucks, Rick. Such a shame that there are people like that out there. The only thing I can say to them is "karma's a bitch." He'll be repaid in time...

Sad to Hear this, And you moving out is a GOOD idead cuz trust me they always come back. Damm Bastards!

I'd be ready tonight. Get a blow gun. That would be fun target practice :D

Im guessing you didnt have an audible siren with your aftermarket alarm system? If not, why? Catching them in the act is not the best move, unfortunately. Unless you are in Texas, shooting the thief will most likely get you an attempted murder charge in most states. Glad you are ok, and moving wont help. Crime can occur everywhere. an audible siren, covers for those headrest monitors (i keep my covers in the backs of the front seats and use them everytime I exit the car in unfamiliar areas) and common sense are your best bets. good luck friend.

+1 on the blowgun, just dip the tips into something.

I fcuking hate thieves.

the worst part is, my car is inside the parking complex. i thought my car was secure but i guess if a thief wants something bad enough nothing will stop him. i've decided to move out and i will start looking for another place asap.

Didn't you say something about moving to Arizona and getting the heck out of Cali?

Im guessing you didnt have an audible siren with your aftermarket alarm system? If not, why? Catching them in the act is not the best move, unfortunately. Unless you are in Texas, shooting the thief will most likely get you an attempted murder charge in most states. Glad you are ok, and moving wont help. Crime can occur everywhere. an audible siren, covers for those headrest monitors (i keep my covers in the backs of the front seats and use them everytime I exit the car in unfamiliar areas) and common sense are your best bets. good luck friend.

Im not sure but I live in a very small area and the surrounding cities that are larger it doesn't seem to matter if a siren is going off of not. I have watched hundreds of people simply walk past a vehicle that is going off with headlights flashing at night and these people didn't look over or think twice about it. Yeah it probably would have scared the thief off but he would have atleast done some damage IE broke the window anyway.

Rick said it best, if they want it bad enough they are going to take it. It sucks though, I can only imagine the feeling.

that sucks man

Have you tried the latest "Anti-Thief" technology?
thieves.jpg

That sucks to hear. At least you caught the guy and scared him away before he made off with your stuff. Does your complex happen to have security cameras?

A bit of advice to deter another theft: Out of sight, out of mind.

That sucks, Rick. Such a shame that there are people like that out there. The only thing I can say to them is "karma's a bitch." He'll be repaid in time...

i'd like to think so

Sad to Hear this, And you moving out is a GOOD idead cuz trust me they always come back. Damm Bastards!

hopefully i'm moving out this friday

i have a pager alarm that alerted me when he intially broke the window but the alarm took it as a shock rather than invasion. he crawled through the window that he broke. once i got down there and pressed lock the alarm did go off but it was too late. i never show off my headrests and i never park my car on blocks i do not know, we take my wife's car. crime is everywhere but there are things that can be done to lower the percentage of being a victim. btw, my car is in my moms garage at her house and i'm rolling in my wife's car, a Daewoo Laganza, the Lexus of Korea, lol. it's truely a POS but i can't take the chance to park my car there especially with a broken back window. what baffel's me is why take the headrests when the head-unit alone is worth more than twice that.

Didn't you say something about moving to Arizona and getting the heck out of Cali?

i'm still planning too but my wife doesn't get her degree till December and we must stay here till then. as for now, we'll just move from there and hope for the best

That sucks to hear. At least you caught the guy and scared him away before he made off with your stuff. Does your complex happen to have security cameras?

A bit of advice to deter another theft: Out of sight, out of mind.

weird part is that there are plenty of cameras all over the building but when i explained the situation to my landlord they somewhat brushed me off and it kind of pissed me off. they told me "we will look at the take in a short while", i went to the store and came back and i thought maybe they'd think this was at least some kind of priority, guess not, they had still not seen the tape. till this time right now they have not done so. they told my wife that they will see it tomorrow afternoon. that's also one of the main reasons i want to move asap, even if i do lose the 1000 dollar deposit

i'd like to think so

hopefully i'm moving out this friday

i have a pager alarm that alerted me when he intially broke the window but the alarm took it as a shock rather than invasion. he crawled through the window that he broke. once i got down there and pressed lock the alarm did go off but it was too late. i never show off my headrests and i never park my car on blocks i do not know, we take my wife's car. crime is everywhere but there are things that can be done to lower the percentage of being a victim. btw, my car is in my moms garage at her house and i'm rolling in my wife's car, a Daewoo Laganza, the Lexus of Korea, lol. it's truely a POS but i can't take the chance to park my car there especially with a broken back window. what baffel's me is why take the headrests when the head-unit alone is worth more than twice that.

the headrests are probably the fastest thing to remove. sorry to hear about your lose..Look at it as a time to get bigger headrest monitors!

check this

funny story, my brother has a 02 expedition and has 24s and tvs and all that jazz. he was at home around 9 pm, truck in driveway with friends over and one happened to leave, on his way out he saw someone inmy bros truck tearing out his dvd indash. he yells for my bro and he and bro and 2 dogs chase this guy down and beat the living shiiiiiiiit out of him while both dogs chewed onhim. the result: 26 stiches broken jaw enourmous hospital bill and felony theft. lol sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

^^ Nice! Its always satisfying to lay the 'smack down' on a thief.

Members online

No members online now.
Back