the what happend to...

lincolnboy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
wanna start a thread about the what happen to mk8......
what happend to Chris, exoticlsc, ponyfreak(joe), blk mk8 (of speedfreak.cc), madgen1, chris sell the car didnt he, joe was on a turbo project,

exoticLSC2_jpg.jpg

new%20car%20029_jpg.jpg

ponyfreak.jpg

don't forget mafioso

i live near by him, but he not really one of the old guy i should of been more explicite, strp is another that just came to mind, alot of school guy that had real nice guys..... eli...

This board's changed. It was inevitable with time. I rembember guys tallying up over 50 thousand dollars in their marks, not even supercharged. Who's here now that can say that? Cars are old, and alot of the enthusiasts frequenting here have their mark because they were cheap to acquire. I really noticed this when I was talking about a 4k dollar set of wheels. Some people are here because they really love the car. Most are here because it's what they can afford. The guys you speak of loved their car. Whether or not they could afford what they did to them was absolutely irrelevant. It's a different place now, No reason for those guys to stick around even if they stuck with their marks. Hell Geno wouldn't be here prob if he didn't still sell stuff. I wouldn't blame 'em. Ray was slowing down but still stuck around every so often until he passed away. I bet some of the old schoolers still lurk once in awhile without ever logging in. I wasn't even in that group of guys and if I wasn't so bored right now waiting on a job I prob would forget about the place. Hell I did once I've only been around again recently. But seriously, when you open a thread, look at join dates. I bet most are within the last 3 years. When the cars were cheap to buy and people started really noticing. When I bought my last mark it booked for 12k still and I was a newbie compared to 95% of the people here. There use to be polls about what people did for a profession that owned a mark and most were majoring in law or engineering or crap like that. I feel like I'm just getting to know people here again as if I'm a newbie again, cause I am. And sometimes my attitude sucks because of it. I wish those guys were still around. They had a whole different ambition level, they were different enthusiasts, they didn't talk about dumb crap, they were fun. I talk about doing crazy things to my car, and I think I'm having an epiphany here as I type this. Anybody who wants to do something crazy to their mark still pretty much gets shot down by all the f'g idiots here. "you could buy 4 marks for as much as you would spend on that" wtf?!? It kills ambition!! I contemplate selling my car somedays after logging off this board. There use to be alot of cool guys here who did cool things. Agh!!! I should log off and do my car the way I want and forget this place ever existed. I think you just reminded me with those pictures, this is not the place I joined to be a part of!!

now i'm depressed. Guilty on almost all charges. Of course, 10 years ago, i was 14, and couldn't afford a tempo. I wouldn't spend $4000 dollars on wheels for any car though.

I've been around since 99 but with a 95 cougar then got bored a few years later and bought. 96 mk8 and got bought a got a 90 stang coupe which I really like but didn't want to get stolen again sold it got a great deal on a 97 lsc car got tototaled bought a 98 ce and was really not digging it after a while still kinda don't, will see how long this one stays:)

I'm a newer Guy and I will be honest the mark is more of a daily drive since I have the cobra but there are certain things I would love to do to the mark that would never get done to the cobra... it comes down to money though... im a senior in college and im going to want to settle down and get a house or garage before I really start Modding my cars... I do try to do little upgrades when I can afford it but I have 2 toys to upgrade

I'm a newer Guy and I will be honest the mark is more of a daily drive since I have the cobra but there are certain things I would love to do to the mark that would never get done to the cobra... it comes down to money though... im a senior in college and im going to want to settle down and get a house or garage before I really start Modding my cars... I do try to do little upgrades when I can afford it but I have 2 toys to upgrade

I feel u bro, I have a 73 f100 I'm trying to work on ( 460 ). A zx6r I'm trying do upgrades on and have a nice payment on mine 05 bigdog which is a fun ride

I've been on this site for most of its existence ... came in about 3 months after its birth.

Why I'm a moderator I have no clue Joey just asked me and said he wanted to be a moderator about 2 years ago. There are many here with more car experience than me.

But I have seen this site change many times with the membership. I remember when there were many VII members and the LS forum was bare.

If it wasn't for the site I may never have developed my passion for the Mark VIII. The members on this site have made it so much fun. I have seen people do wonderful things to their cars and others destroy them.

Idiots have come and gone... when one leaves another takes their place. There will always be someone who will piss you off and there will always be those thread that head south and become a pissing match.

We have always had experts on this site and some who think they are .. and just like the idiots they come and go. But if you love your Mark VIII and you want to keep it rolling I have found that you get fast and accurate advice (even if you have to weed through some of the crap).

But one thing the I have seen that remains the same there is a great relationship on this site that keeps people coming back.

In the beginning we were strangers now many of us are friends ...

I don't post as much as I use to .. I look at threads and figure that many newer members will have good answers. One of my usual post was to direct members to the members who I knew that you can trust and would give solutions that would solve their problems. Also I can't get on as much as I use too.. If my computer is on I will have LvC open in a window and monitor what is happening.

I do miss good friends who have left the site and those who have past on. I have made great friends here. I keep in contact with many of my LvC family, many who are not as frequent on the site anymore.

What I have found is that LvC has made the United State a much smaller place. I have friends in most states ... When I travel I know that I do not have to rely on some random place or sit at the mercy of a stealership ... I have someone who I can call. And I have found that the most reliable person on this site is Frogman ... (not that the rest are not reliable) but Frogman will go above and beyond for you.

But my family believes that any trip we go on is an LvC meet ... I'm getting to the point where I feel bad if I pass through a member's area and do not call or meet up for dinner.

Every year I host the Beach Party in July because it gives us time to gather together and have some fun. Maybe this is why Joey asked me to become a moderator .. not because I know much about the Mark VIII but I have a way of bringing the Members together. (although I have fallen prey to the negativity from time to time).

OK whether or not this all makes sense or not Oh well ... my rant .. or whatever ..

Mad1st Gen is still around, just different handle, Poney Freak moved to a new job and dropped out of sight (he got into Vipers so he probably liquidated his Mark stuff) I elbowed with Joe several times and I just couldn't locate him. I'm still around.

Joe got his viper turbod it and had a mark that him and his brother were going to turbo, I wonder if big scott ever KB his mk 8,

All I know is I am a newbie here and I enjoy reading everything here. From the congrats to the pissing matches, it is all good.
I am honored to be a part of the LVC family and I look forward to meeting as many as possible as I travel the road in my Mark.

ive been here since 07, left for awhile for not having an internet connection, but i have found that no matter who you are everyone on here wants to help everyone out, my first actual get together with other people from lvc was down in chi town we went go carting, it was a blast everyone there was great. I felt like i just fit in, slowly got to know people and there was no awkward moments.
I plan on goign to the beach parties as long as they are held. Even tho lvc has changed, what doesn't change, everyday the date changes, why the fuss when a website changes, changes are not always bad.

Things happen. I bought my first Mark VIII in 2004 and subsequently had it wrecked. I have owned 2 others since, but have noticed the same drop off that others in this thread have. People move on to the latest and the greatest. There is a chance in 15-20 years that these cars will come back strong, especially with how many of them are being junked. I can see some of the rare cars going to the 2030 Barrett Jackson auction and bringing more than they sold for new. I remember when many of the cars selling on there now were dirt cheap during the 80's, and the same thing will happen again. Even though my Mark is dated, I love it just the same. It was my #2 dream car behind the Corvette, and that feeling I get driving it is something that the newer generic automobiles just can't replicate. I might not own it forever, but I will remember it fondly like I do my other 2 and appreciate the memories when I am old.

I'll have a Mark for as long as i'm able to keep one going. I picked up my first one in 02 & defected here from .org via PM from Joey. At the time, I had a 92 Eldorado & a 93 Coupe Deville as well. So the concept of the site worked well for me. I eventually dumped the caddy's & have had 3 other marks since then. They're all still rolling too! I read about 20 times more than I post. I don't start a thread about the same $h!t that was created by someone else yesterday & I only offer my help or knowledge when I know it's helpful. I'm totally guilty of not bringing my camera along everytime I do work on the car, maybe I should, but honestly, most if it's been done & posted about 50 times already so I don't see the need to unless there's someone that has a question about it. I still like the site though. Many of the new members have become pretty damn knowledgable, and funny as hell! I think that as long as the info is shared, this will always be a good community. People come, people go. But the people that are true Mark VIII enthusiasts will always be around.

i agree with all posted above, people do come and go but thats the interweb for ya

sometimes all the bashing BS threads get annoying but whatever, im with the kid, aint nobody changing my passion for these cars

i agree with all posted above, people do come and go but thats the interweb for ya

sometimes all the bashing BS threads get annoying but whatever, im with the kid, aint nobody changing my passion for these cars

boy havnt seen much of you around, did you finally get some speedstars, or do you have the sc wheels

boy havnt seen much of you around, did you finally get some speedstars, or do you have the sc wheels

both read sig lol

yeah been kinda preoccupied read alot just haven't been posting like i used to and my fukkin intaweb went down 2 weeks ago, but they are coming out later today to fix it........:shifty:

but with the current turn of events im laid off so now i got time to post more

both read sig lol

yeah been kinda preoccupied read alot just haven't been posting like i used to and my fukkin intaweb went down 2 weeks ago, but they are coming out later today to fix it........:shifty:

O chit...that blows....go fix some yotas??? they are on OT

both read sig lol

ive been off since september of last yr, maybe the next job i will do more to the car then just parting.......got the 20 to install some day

Members online

No members online now.
Back