the what happend to...

I know Im not a big contributor here but I do read a lot. I am not modifying my Gen 1. I really want a Gen 2 LSC. This forum is one of my favs for all sorts of reading and great info. Chicken Im sorry to hear bout your work situation. I was laid off Dec 22 08, I started a mobile detailing business that had its ups and downs as I was looking for a full time job. Finally in July 09 I was hired at a Nissan Dealers in Greensboro so nomore BMW no more Charlotte. I do miss the chat nights. But with work, 2 kids and new addition of our lil girl today, trying to find clients for detailing I am not on here too much. But I still have a great love for the Mark and like I said I really want a Gen 2 and do some minor work to and enjoy it.

I signed up a year or so before I bought a car, did a lot of researching and learning

I know Im not a big contributor here but I do read a lot.

I do miss the chat nights. But with work, 2 kids and new addition of our lil girl today, trying to find clients for detailing I am not on here too much. But I still have a great love for the Mark and like I said I really want a Gen 2 and do some minor work to and enjoy it.

sal who? :shifty: lolol

yeah was kinda wondering where you went to, and that is a perfect example of what happened to.......... sal came into chat alot then just fell off, but is back some sell the car and just move on. life changes, thats the only thing that stays the same

This board's changed. It was inevitable with time. I rembember guys tallying up over 50 thousand dollars in their marks, not even supercharged. Who's here now that can say that? Cars are old, and alot of the enthusiasts frequenting here have their mark because they were cheap to acquire. I really noticed this when I was talking about a 4k dollar set of wheels. Some people are here because they really love the car. Most are here because it's what they can afford. The guys you speak of loved their car. Whether or not they could afford what they did to them was absolutely irrelevant. It's a different place now, No reason for those guys to stick around even if they stuck with their marks. Hell Geno wouldn't be here prob if he didn't still sell stuff. I wouldn't blame 'em. Ray was slowing down but still stuck around every so often until he passed away. I bet some of the old schoolers still lurk once in awhile without ever logging in. I wasn't even in that group of guys and if I wasn't so bored right now waiting on a job I prob would forget about the place. Hell I did once I've only been around again recently. But seriously, when you open a thread, look at join dates. I bet most are within the last 3 years. When the cars were cheap to buy and people started really noticing. When I bought my last mark it booked for 12k still and I was a newbie compared to 95% of the people here. There use to be polls about what people did for a profession that owned a mark and most were majoring in law or engineering or crap like that. I feel like I'm just getting to know people here again as if I'm a newbie again, cause I am. And sometimes my attitude sucks because of it. I wish those guys were still around. They had a whole different ambition level, they were different enthusiasts, they didn't talk about dumb crap, they were fun. I talk about doing crazy things to my car, and I think I'm having an epiphany here as I type this. Anybody who wants to do something crazy to their mark still pretty much gets shot down by all the f'g idiots here. "you could buy 4 marks for as much as you would spend on that" wtf?!? It kills ambition!! I contemplate selling my car somedays after logging off this board. There use to be alot of cool guys here who did cool things. Agh!!! I should log off and do my car the way I want and forget this place ever existed. I think you just reminded me with those pictures, this is not the place I joined to be a part of!!

AAH COME ON YOU WERE ONCE A "NEWBIE". Here is just like in REAL LIFE all kinds of people and ideas. ROLL WITH IT,BROTHER. Most of us LOVE OUR MARKS. AGE has a lot to do with it all.

i've been on this site for most of its existence ... Came in about 3 months after its birth.

Why i'm a moderator i have no clue joey just asked me and said he wanted to be a moderator about 2 years ago. There are many here with more car experience than me.

But i have seen this site change many times with the membership. I remember when there were many vii members and the ls forum was bare.

If it wasn't for the site i may never have developed my passion for the mark viii. The members on this site have made it so much fun. I have seen people do wonderful things to their cars and others destroy them.

Idiots have come and gone... When one leaves another takes their place. There will always be someone who will piss you off and there will always be those thread that head south and become a pissing match.

We have always had experts on this site and some who think they are .. And just like the idiots they come and go. But if you love your mark viii and you want to keep it rolling i have found that you get fast and accurate advice (even if you have to weed through some of the crap).

But one thing the i have seen that remains the same there is a great relationship on this site that keeps people coming back.

In the beginning we were strangers now many of us are friends ...

I don't post as much as i use to .. I look at threads and figure that many newer members will have good answers. One of my usual post was to direct members to the members who i knew that you can trust and would give solutions that would solve their problems. Also i can't get on as much as i use too.. If my computer is on i will have lvc open in a window and monitor what is happening.

I do miss good friends who have left the site and those who have past on. I have made great friends here. I keep in contact with many of my lvc family, many who are not as frequent on the site anymore.

What i have found is that lvc has made the united state a much smaller place. I have friends in most states ... When i travel i know that i do not have to rely on some random place or sit at the mercy of a stealership ... I have someone who i can call. And i have found that the most reliable person on this site is frogman ... (not that the rest are not reliable) but frogman will go above and beyond for you.

But my family believes that any trip we go on is an lvc meet ... I'm getting to the point where i feel bad if i pass through a member's area and do not call or meet up for dinner.

Every year i host the beach party in july because it gives us time to gather together and have some fun. Maybe this is why joey asked me to become a moderator .. Not because i know much about the mark viii but i have a way of bringing the members together. (although i have fallen prey to the negativity from time to time).

Ok whether or not this all makes sense or not oh well ... My rant .. Or whatever ..

WHAT YOU SAID IS "RIGHT ON". I PMed FROGMAN once and his comeback was cool.

This guy needs to read "desiderata"

THE LOVE AND POWER OF "OUR CARS" SHOWS WHEN GUYS ARE STILL SEEKING THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY NO LONGER COST A FORTUNE. WATCH WHAT I TELL YA "THEY WILL BE CLASSICS". I did not like the $12k remark. I fell in love with the MARK V111 from the very first one I ever saw and I even followed a guy off the INTERSTATE to ask him about his car. It was TOREADORE RED. I once asked an older lady in a WALMART parking lot about selling me her MARK even though I'd had mine for years and she bluntly told me "MY BABY ISN'T FOR SALE"

well i'll be around as long as the site is. funny thing is, the first one i signed up on was the .org and at the time i thought it was a great site, till i realized how god dam uptight everyone was there, and then it was less fun to go on there , so i poked around here, and lod, and i am still at lod as well as alot of us are, but lvc is the :q:q:q:q man! i wished i had become a member here sooner, i love this board and there are some really cool people here. i have met a few of you in person and made some friends here as well. lvc is deffinetly my internet home! 4 years strong here already!!

I love this site! I have been off for awhile and just recently hit it up again. I have been on here lots and lots of times,just never logged in. Most of the things were way over my head on the forums in the VIII section,so I didnt really have anything to add. But I read them and learned alot.

This site has realy been good to me,the people have too. I really hope to make it to a LvC meet one day and personally thank those people.
I might be young,and broke,but I do have a great appreciation for these cars. Since I was 14 I have had this car on the top of my "Dream Cars" list. It wasn't a Ferrari or Lamborghini or something exotic,it was always the 2nd gen Mark. I now have one,and love every bit of it. Including the breaking down and leaky bags,$300+ light bulbs and the awesome power.

Thank you Geno for starting a great family! and thank you to those who help me out,and even those who help me out in ways they dont even know they did.

Woops! Ok,so in not too good with people ACTUAL names. :-/
thanks for helping me out!....again.

Do what you want with your car, if you like fvck what anybody else has to say about it. and by the way 4k is not a lot to spend on wheels. My brother has a 81 2 door caprice with some billet eagle wheels that cost 8,500 with the tires.
his friend spent 20 thousand dollars on a paint job, 24k on a engine 9k on italian leather interior 12 thousand on some one of kind vellano wheels and he did all this to a 69 chevelle that he paid 1600 for. all im saying is you modify your car to please yourself, not other people, if its worth it to you, do it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back