The Mechanic Screwed Me Now Hes Gonna Pay

union807trucker

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
WHATS GOING ON GUYS IM HAVING A BAD EXPIERENCE RIGHT NOW ITS LIKE HELL,LET ME START MY STORY ITS ALL STARTED LAST WEEK THURSDAY IM DRIVING TO WORK AND I FEEL THE CAR SPUTTERING A LITTLE BIT AND HESITATING WHEN I DRIVE SO I REMEMBER THIS GREAT SITE TELLING ME IT MIGHT BE COILS OR SOMETHING BUT I TRY TO IGNORE THE FACT SO I DECIDE TO BRING THE CAR TO MY LOCAL MECHANIC I TELL HIM I WANT TO CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS BECAUSE I THINK I NEED A TUNE UP,HE CALLS ME A COUPLE HOURS LATER AND TELL ME TO COME IN,SO I GO HE SHOWS ME THAT THE VALVE COVER GASKET HAS A LEAK...SO I LOOK IN ON THE ENGINE AND I SEE LITTLE POOLS OF OIL OK I HEARD ABOUT THIS STUFF MAYBE I NEED TO REPLACE IT.OK I TELL HIM CHANGE IT HES CHARGING ME 275 FOR THE WHOLE JOB NOT BAD I THINK RIGHT? ..I GO HAPPILY TO PICK UP MY CAR AND HE TELLS ME THAT HE F****ING BLEW MY MOTOR HOW THE HELL I TELL HIM HE SAYS GET THIS I WAS CLEANING ALL THE CARBON AROUND THE ENGINE AND WHEN I STARED IT IT BLEW....:confused: I KNO ITS LONG STORY BUT BARE WIT ME I NEED YOUR HELP""" IM PISSED OFF AND HE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN THAT HE HAS ANOTHER MOTOR COMING IN THAT HAS 45K MINE HAD 97K RUNNING BEUTIFUL NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MINE ANYWAYS THE MOTOR CAME IN SAT. HE GOT A FROM A JUNKYARD FROM AROUND THE WAY

I Still Havent Seen Any Paper Work Saying How Many Miles The Motor Has Or Anything He Just Pops My Engine Out And Throws This One In With Out Telling Me Anything At Least Call Me To Show Me Something,it Looked Alright But It Came From A Freaking Junk Yard That Who Knos Whats What U Kno What I Mean I Love My Car Anywayz I Pick My Car Up Today A Week Later And Now I Drive In The Rain And Smoke Is Coming Out My Car So I Bring It Back And I Go To The Office Demanding The Paper Work To The Motor He Doesnt Want To Give It To Me So I Call My Bro He Gets The Guy To Make Him A Copy Of The Enigine And Everything The Only Thing It Dont Say How Many Miles It Has But Anyways It Just Says The Price 1100 My Question Is How Do I Go Or Can I Still Take Him To Court? And What Proff Do I Need?

He blew your motor??? How the heck did he manage that?

Regardless, he owns you a motor and labor for FREE.

If he wants to charge you for the work, it sounds like a SCAM - i would want to see PROOF that the motor is blown and exactly what broke and how - take a mechanic friend with you next time you go in there.

All sounds fishy to me...

EDIT: ok, just read another post you added, sounds like you have been SCAMMED! Get some legal advice.

there are so many things wrong with what this guy did. definitely take him to court. do not drive the car anymore and make sure you know where your old engine is. other than that it's going to be a long process and i'm sure you should probably run it by your insurance company.

Hmmm... He just takes a motor out and throwns another one in... without telling you?

Sounds very, very suspect! :shifty:

Can you confirm that it is indeed a different motor in there? Or is he pullin' ya plonka just so he could charge for labor?

I Took A Bunch Of Pics With My Camera Phone Hes Not Charging Me For The Motor Hes Covering It All I Have To Pay Is The 275 For What I Originally Went For I. I Took My Best Freind Who Is A Jap Car Junkie And I Tol Him To Take A Look At The Motor The First Thing He Showed Me Was A Hole Where A Rod Shot Out He Tol Me That He Belves Strongly That They Started The Car With Out Oil.the The Mechanic Has The Nerve To Say That I Bought A Garbage Car Lincolns Ls Are Junk They Always Have Problems Listen The Only Major Problem Wit These Cars Are Coils Gaskets And A Few Others..personally He Made Me Feel Like I Bought A Peice Of Crap.....and Made Me Feel Like One To I Went To Punch Him In The Face And My Freind Stoped Me And Now I Have To Sit Home And Wait Till My Older Bro Go Over Theair And Figures It Out Wit That Prick

No I Seen Them Take Out The Motor And Replace It But I Just Dont Like The Fact That It Came From A Junk Yard

Can I Fix The Problem That It Has Now And Charge Him For The Fix At Court
Or I Cant Drive The Car At All

Ok, i get ya know... Yup, sounds like he forgot to put oil in it, throwing a rod - although im not sure why he would be draining your engine oil to do valve cover gaskets???

Anyway, get legal advice - see where you stand - the motor he put in should at least be warranted by him. He sounds VERY dodgy indeed... :shifty:

lawsuit. pain and suffering for having to look at his face. make him buy you another LS and make him put the 45ker in your old one. i cant stand mechanics like this.

THERES NO REAL WAY OF NOWING HOW MANY MILES AN ENGINE HAS RIGHT?...
anyway im calling a lawyer up right now

thanks guys

p.s. i love this site

When the legit junk yards sell parts they have to use the vin the part came from, run a carfax on that vin to get an idea of the mileage, thats I caught a few trans and motors supposedly having "75,000" miles, when ran car fax last listed mileage was 110,000

Not to be a little girl, but can you start posting using normal English rules. Try some punctuation and lose the capital letters on every single word. It will make it easier to read.

That being said, if he gave you a lower mileage engine and a warranty and did not charge you for the work, then what's the problem? You are entitled to get paperwork on the engine by law. But past that he made restitution.

That's why I always go to the dealer. If they do something sketchy and the general manager doesn't do anything about it, they still have to answer to the Ford dealer network (they have to maintain certain satisfaction rates and quality inspections to carry the motorcraft logo). Plus, mechanics at dealerships do not make any extra money by charging you for extra repairs. Most of those shadetree mom and pop shops are forced to overcharge to make ends meet and as a result a novice can get really screwed. Find a good solid guy and go to him every single time to build a relationship.

I have two guys, one in Knoxville and one in Memphis (both at Ford dealership) and they know me by first name. I trust them explicitly

exactly what i wanna do but the mechanic didnt want to give me the recepit and all the recipt said was where and how much was the engine
but i tol him i want proff and he said that he was goona give me a copy when my brother went over there because i went crazy on him anywayz im going to take it upon myself and go to the junkyard when i get that reapt and tell them to give me a vin. my question is this if i do find out that that motor had more than lets say what i had which is 97k what can i do?

Take him to court. If he lied to you about the mileage, he is breaking the law. A lot of states have specific laws about this. Make sure you can gather some proof though.

When I go to strange people for car service, I always take a very small inexpensive digital voice recorder to record everything the guy says so I have proof. Its really paranoid but it could cover my ass one day. Talk to your insurance company as well.

Wow,

The same thing happened to me a little while ago. Turns out that something like a bolt or something dropped into the engine while the gaskets were being changed. Started it up and: ping, ping, ping .... I had to replace the engine. I'm with everybody else because finding a replacement motor was the hardest part. I almost gave up. I searched high and low all over the country and, take my word, every last yard I spoke to lied too me about the milage and lied pretty bad. As a word of advice, CARFAX the VIN on the engine. It will give you a good idea of the mileage. From my experience, most yards don't realize that you can do this. I'm not joking either, I'm talking like at least 20 to 30 yards all lied severely about the miles on the motor. I took my buddy's advice and just waited until a motor popped up AND it was still in the vehicle. I had given up and already bought another car (Cadillac DTS - nice ride too!), but ironically I got the call from a yard like 5 minutes from my house. A LS with only 35K miles on it rolled in totaled from rear/side impact. The motor was great and I watched it run before they pulled it. In short, Carfax that motor. I realized over the many months (14) I searched for a used motor that many have been in fires and serious frontal impact accidents. The fact is, it is extremely rare to find an used motor with little miles on it depending on the year of your LS. Mine is a 2000 and all the low milage engines had been sitting for some time and most due to a total loss of some type back in 2000.

that right there is the best advice i went to the yard and told them to give me a vin a they didnt want to they said i have to speak with the mechanic that installed it so i went to the mechanic and he of course was upset that i took the liberty to go to the actual yard but i really dont car e im worried about what the hell goes in my car so anyway i tol him how do you even kno yourself that it has 45k on it he said well the yard tol me i said i you dont want any problems GET ME THAT VIN NUMBER so now he calls the yard and the guy that sold him the engine isnt there so i and my 3 buddys have to wait till tommrrow to get the vin and get this the mechanic want a copy of the carfax report to. but beleve u me im going to get those vins i guess showing up wit three guys can put a little pressure on his ass. that and the fact that i was ready to punch him in the face so he got a little nervous. guys im from brooklyn i dont mean to sound like a tough guy but i feel like since im 21 he thought i wasnt going to do my home work and he can take advantage.im just really concerned about my car i love my whip its sexy,and i want it to last me another couple years heck ill stay wit her and get another car. i just want this nightmare to be over

last time i was outnumbered, i got nervous. but i was on my own property, pulled a gun - which was well within my legal rights, because there were 5 guys and that could be considered deadly force against myself. They took off running, haven't seen their sorry asses since.

If you plan on using that type of force, be prepared to accept what happens when you drive someone into a corner...

nah im not gonna hit this guy becasue if i take him to court im done that and i have a minor marijuana case on me

just minor lol
i just wanna kno how many miles that engine got

took ford dealorship 2 1/2 weeks to install my motor even after having all the parts.another two weeks when they realized my tranny was also blown.

Small Claims court usually goes up to $5K, and you don't need a lawyer. Forget about the grass, it doesn't have anything to do with your case.

Id just hire a lawyer and let him handle it. Then you can make the guy pay for the lawyer too.

Running the engine without oil doesn't make it throw a rod. It will seize the engine when the bearings overheat and melt to the crankshaft. He had to do something really screwed up to put a rod through the block.

There is nothing wrong with an engine from a Salvage yard. An engine is an engine no matter where it came from. However, he does legally (at least in VA, I would imagine other states have similar laws) have to provide you with proof of the mileage on the engine. And he has to show that the engine is in as good or better shape than yours was. If it's smoking right after he put it in, he has to fix it for free. No ifs ands or buts about it. Your old engine didn't smoke, neither should the new one.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression you could find the vin somewhere on the motor...?

Members online

No members online now.
Back