The Mark is Supercharged

mlschultz

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Here is a picture and video update of my S/C project. It will be dialed in the next few days, and to the dyno within the next week or so. Enjoy :)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7a365159-0613-4499-bef1-994e015287d3.htm

themarksc001.jpg

themarksc002.jpg

themarksc003.jpg

themarksc004.jpg

themarksc005.jpg

themarksc006.jpg

themarksc007.jpg

themarksc008.jpg

themarksc009.jpg

themarksc010.jpg

themarksc011.jpg

themarksc012.jpg

themarksc013.jpg

themarksc014.jpg

themarksc015.jpg

themarksc016.jpg

themarksc017.jpg

themarksc018.jpg

themarksc019.jpg

themarksc020.jpg

themarksc021.jpg

Sweet!!! Post some numbers when you can I'm very curious. Hope you enjoy her.

Stock bottom end? How much boost are ya gonna push :) Reason I ask about bout stock bottom end is because id love to go the same route....eventually....

im jealous of your non license plate holed front bumper :(

oh, and that spinny thing attached to the engine :p

Thanks everyone. This S/C build was professionally managed and installed by Aric Carrion of Injected Engineering - Kennesaw, GA.
ph# 678.449.6871 http://www.injectedengineering.com/

I highly recommend Aric and his company. As you can see, his work speaks for itself :)

The engine internals are completely stock, and the plan is to lay down 400-450rwhp. Since this is a stock motor, we all know they will not live on the edge too long.

Therefore, real world numbers might be closer to 400rwhp. Aric will decide this while tuning on the dyno. I will post the dyno results as soon as I can, so stay tuned...

Just curious why no Cobra intake manifold?

I am in the process of securing a SC kit but want to install the Cobra intake at the same time, along with a meth. kit possibly.

Went to the dyno last night :) Here is the video of the last two pulls and the dyno sheet.

Aric is going to go ahead and install a Vortech mini race blow off valve to help smooth the idle pulse, and put his boost gauge on it to see what psi it is running at. He still wants to look into a couple things yet, so this is an excellent starting point, or finish point for that matter - since I am already happy with it the way it is.

The weather was nasty yesterday for a tune - hot, and raining, but the intercooler did it's job keeping the air temp only 8 degrees above what the Mark's outside temp gauge showed.

On the down side... I have major traction issues now :)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/922ae104-e335-4c2d-b64f-99530088e46f.htm

dyno1.jpg

I assume you are using hi-flow cats? What was your source and p/n? I am looking at putting them in the same place as you.

Thanks

I think we need to start placing bets on the time until melted pistons and the swiss cheese engine block occurs.:D

Hopefully after the Michigan meet so I at least get a chance to ride in it.;)

Thanks again, everyone :)

I talked to Ryan today, and he said that Aric has decided to put a Cobra intake on it now. :) This will impact the T&T I wanted to do on the 29th at ATL dragway. More like July now for the T&T. The vortech mini race blow off valve is on order, and still waiting for the brakes, rims, and tires to arrive at the shop.

Keith, I purchased the Kooks headers, Magnaflow high flow cats, o2's with wire extensions, gaskets, etc from Bill at Super Coupe Performance:
http://supercoupeperformance.com//Default.aspx

themarksc1002-1.jpg

Thanks, the cat's fit perfectly I'll be ordering soon.

It will be interesting to see how the Cobra intake changes the power/torque curve.

Yes, it will be very interesting to see how the Cobra intake compares to the gen 2 intake which is working great in my opinion, look how the horsepower climbs all the way to 7000rpm.

Every Vortec Supercharger I've seen has been only on Gen 2's. Has anybody ever done one on a Gen 1?

Also, What kind of real world gas mileage can you now expect?

Yes there are a few supercharged GEN 1 Mark VIII's, you have to make a custom tube to go to the throttle bodies by the firewall. That is the biggest issue. I believe Dennis Reinhart has a kit for the gen 1's. You can also swap to a Cobra intake manifold and then get a 96-99 Cobra kit. You will need to do a few things to make it fit underneath the stock hood.

Members online

Back