The fuzz ain't playin no more

Froggy you are absolutely right. But who in their right mind is going to run at at top speed over 140. unless you're running a lambo or ferrari

LMAO r/t hitting 180? Not on any highway, hell top gear could barley get one of them to do 150 mph in a 2 mile stretch in the salt flats. They handle like :q:q:q:q in a bag. If someone is doing say 160 mph and the police are chasing them, what the hell are the cops suppose to do anyway? Hell cops around here won't even chase crotch rockets anymore, you can't catch them and if you get close they wipe it and die. A CTS-V will :q:q:q:q stomp a R/T. It's all show and no go. All they did was ruin the rep of a classic car from the past.

Oh and frogman is always right, the last 3 people that said he was wrong disappeared mysteriously in the middle of the night, some say the aliens took them, but we all know what really happened :)

LMAO r/t hitting 180? Check my 1st post and you'd see that I said srt and I never said it would do 180 in a slalom.

Oh and frogman is always right, the last 3 people that said he was wrong disappeared mysteriously in the middle of the night, some say the aliens took them, but we all know what really happened :)

Wasn't I... I was making popcorn for this thread... yeah... popcorn...

Finally, a decent thread where we have a conversation, and we don't have to insult each other... which is fun in itself, but not all the time.

At least that's what the press release will say...

And I'll be the first to tell you I'm not always right. I am only right 99% of the time... I mean, who really cares about the other 15%?

Wasn't I... I was making popcorn for this thread... yeah... popcorn...

Finally, a decent thread where we have a conversation, and we don't have to insult each other... which is fun in itself, but not all the time.

At least that's what the press release will say...

And I'll be the first to tell you I'm not always right. I am only right 99% of the time... I mean, who really cares about the other 15%?

you're a douche!!!!!

let the NAME CALLING BEGIN!!!

haha jk.....but right 99% of the time...we'll see

i agree....the cops don't need a "chase vehicle" like that especially when some flunky yokel is trying to be buford T. justice.....all it will be is an extra expense the department doesn't need and the tax payers will pay for, just so the cops can have a "toy" because lets be honest, they're supposed to "radio" ahead, not have a dangerious persuit on city streets. just like our local fire dept was colecting because they "need money" well why does the chief's car have chrome rims and dual exhaust?? save that $$

How about that Lambo the Italian police have :-D it doesn't arrest ppl...it takes emergency runs (like heart transplants) or takes photos of the license plate on cars exceeding the speed limits...

No need to get your britches in a knot, stang. Not everyone thinks the Challenger is a hot car. It's not something that everyone is clamoring over to get. With that said, I'm sure it's a fine car and all.

As far as using it for patrol purposes? Well, let's examine:

1. It's a 2 door car. Where' you gonna put a cage in it for even one prisoner? Though, to be fair, most chase cars don't have 4 doors.

2. Ok, it's supposed to be a "chase" car. No offense, many cars will outrun it. Granted, no car can beat a Motorola, but a Challenger R/T is not exactly "chase car" material.

3. Is this Challenger equipped with heavy duty, law enforcement supporting equipment? You know, bigger radiators to keep the motor cool when "chasing" someone? Higher amp output alternator to keep all the cop electronics working well? Tires? Stock? Or are they rated for higher speeds? Has the top speed governor been removed? You see where I'm going with all these questions.

You own the bastards that run? I don't get it...

Look, if the cop shop bought it for PR... that's great. Nothing wrong with that. Seriously. But calling it a "chase car"? Really?

I didn't disappear and aliens didn't come get me and do their tests on me, I was doing the SN95 Hub swap recently and had my mind on other things.

The answer to #1 is the same reason that they stopped using camaro's and mustangs. Point taken, but if you need something in a chase to take the lead, thats about the best the cops are gonna get. I don't forsee them drive a CL65 or anything.

The answer to number 2 is even simpler. I'm sure you've all seen the worlds stupidest police chases, how many of those dumbazzez ever use anthing worth running from the cops in? Like 5% maybe, the rest are in beat to heal vans, corollas, occasionally an SUV. The Cars that can outrun even the vic's are rarely the ones being chased.

To answer most of the number three questions (and I don't have all the answers but here are the basics) It's been dyno tuned and reflashed. Its running 88w rated tires. It does have a larger aluminum radiator, high alt (for the electronics, though its not overburdened with them as the vics are) The rev limiter and governer are gone. They redid the tranny shift points for firmer, crisper shifting. And I think he said it was running 3.55 gears, but not 100% sure on that.

And no, you are right, this car isn't gonna see alot of road time. The sheriff and a couple captains are driving it atm. But those cars always go to the TSU (traffic specialty unit) after about a year, they have a fully marked 2008 mustang gt they use now.

And I'm not in a twist, I just htought it'd be cool to see a chase like back in the old days, when the 5.0 used to tear the bad guys apart instead of nowadays, where an overweight vic just pits them

theres a video of a charger r/t and a srt8 drag racin and the srt8 BARELY beats it....

How about that Lambo the Italian police have :-D it doesn't arrest ppl...it takes emergency runs (like heart transplants) or takes photos of the license plate on cars exceeding the speed limits...

IIRC that car was a donation.

Of course, service ain't free, and the care & feeding of a Lambo probably rivals that of a small aircraft :)

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/939

I know it pertains to a Ferrari, but it's entertaining reading nonetheless.

I had a friend with an f360 something or other ferrari and he said one time an oil change ran him 3500 bucks along with the required service for that mile marker (10000)

Members online

No members online now.
Back