The Flowmaster Groan

Bobber101

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Comic Sans MS
The howling Mark VIII needs your help.

My 95 LSC now howls at any steady speed. It sounds good idling and accelerating or running down. I added Two Stage Flowmasters and now have trouble hearing the radio or CD at cruse speeds. The muffler mounts are not damaged and there is now direct metal contact other than the exhaust pipe. The catalytic converter and all the rest are stock.
How do I get rid of the howling sound at steady speeds? Any ideas or do I need to go back to stock mufflers?
:feedback
Thanks, Bob

Bobber101 said:
Comic Sans MS
How do I get rid of the howling sound at steady speeds? Any ideas or do I need to go back to stock mufflers?
:feedback
Thanks, Bob

2-1/2 inch cat-back, single-X with DynoMax UltraFlows Bob, DynoMax UltraFlows . :L

Blowmasters belong no where NEAR this car!! Terrible sound and even more terrible torque robbing charicteristics. Heres the setup.

lmspipes1.jpg

If you are looking for real gains from your exhaust system, you really need to go with headers. The next thing I figured out is that "flow through" style mufflers do not last. Eventually, they will fall apart. Sure the exterior will still be intact, but the packing will all be gone. Also, A lifetime warranty does you no good when the shop you bought them from goes out of business, or simply decides not to replace them for one reason or another (they're still nice and shiny on the outside)

So the answer for me was to go with a chambered muffler. A nice quiet Flowmaster 50 series. It sounds great and the car feels like it has more torque than without mufflers. I gained a measly 3 HP with my dynomax mufflers, and IIRC, around 6HP with a full cat back system with H-Pipe, sans resonator and third cat. You can gain more by changing your spark plugs! (I know, I tested the theory).

Here's a clip of my Mark with the 50 series flows:

Flowmaster Delta 50s

Kale

djKale said:
If you are looking for real gains from your exhaust system, you really need to go with headers. The next thing I figured out is that "flow through" style mufflers do not last. Eventually, they will fall apart. Sure the exterior will still be intact, but the packing will all be gone. Also, A lifetime warranty does you no good when the shop you bought them from goes out of business, or simply decides not to replace them for one reason or another (they're still nice and shiny on the outside)

So the answer for me was to go with a chambered muffler. A nice quiet Flowmaster 50 series. It sounds great and the car feels like it has more torque than without mufflers. I gained a measly 3 HP with my dynomax mufflers, and IIRC, around 6HP with a full cat back system with H-Pipe, sans resonator and third cat. You can gain more by changing your spark plugs! (I know, I tested the theory).

Here's a clip of my Mark with the 50 series flows:

Flowmaster Delta 50s

Kale

KALE is that the best sound clip you can get, sounds weak............ :F i tryied on the other site to get sound clips from people but noone wants to post

dam, that the price for a catback for a vette

lincolnboy said:
dam, that the price for a catback for a vette
This system we offer is built custom on your car while you wait, all ss , all lifetime warrantied. Our mufflers are SS in and out including the packing material inside the chambers. NEVER ROT!

ONEBADMK8 said:
This system we offer is built custom on your car while you wait, all ss , all lifetime warrantied. Our mufflers are SS in and out including the packing material inside the chambers. NEVER ROT!

I SEA, that why is so much s.s. any one know of a real good muffler place in dallas tx

lincolnboy said:
1992 when the mark 8 was coming around :bow:

Hers what I think. M7 has the body everyone wants. M8 has the interior that everyone wants. M8 also has the engine everone would like for a stocker. M7 engine is what people want to add modifications to. There settled, 2-2 tied. . . :Beer

I don’t want to get involved but i have an viii and read a vii just ran a 9.7 at 3800 lbs, the one with two big whistles on it , YAH, I would be humbled in his presence!

Sifrino3 said:
Hers what I think. M7 has the body everyone wants. M8 has the interior that everyone wants. M8 also has the engine everone would like for a stocker. M7 engine is what people want to add modifications to. There settled, 2-2 tied. . . :Beer

hey dont get me wrong i love the mk7 too, there is one red one where i work in the weekend nice...the sshs 4 their is a pic on tccoa of a rear shot of a mk7 taht ass looks good real good, i would like to see a mk7 w/ a mk8 inteior if i can find it their is a fox body w/ a sn95 interior perfect fit just a few fab. brackets but fit like a sharm.........i would love to have a mk7 but i am having a hard time not getting hit in this car so next is a older truck :L

Markviiiedrea said:
I don’t want to get involved but i have an viii and read a vii just ran a 9.7 at 3800 lbs, the one with two big whistles on it , YAH, I would be humbled in his presence!
That's typical for an 1/8th mile run. LOL.

Sifrino3 said:
Yeah, an M7 with a M8 interior would be crazy sexy and would be worth the pay out someone may have to pay, to have it done.

pay someone why do it yourself... i wanna say someone on corral.net did the sn95 interior swap to a foxbody... i look it up

Go with Magnaflow SS Race mufflers and be done with it.

Not too expensive, nice deep sound, and look Beauuuttiful !

You'll keep that Luxury, Yet performance sound...

Almost like Geno's ! :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back