Test drove SRT-10 Ram

MAllen82

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I go to Carmax the other day to test drive a 300C SRT-8, and sitting on the lot they have not one but TWO SRT-10 Rams. I thought that was pretty amazing since they don't make many of those. Plus, they were only $30,000 a piece. Not bad. So I ask the guy to test drive one, and man, I'll tell you what, that is a fast freaking truck. I'm driving to the local interstate, and get in a two lane turn lane. A guy in a silverado with what sounded like glasspacks pulls up next to me and he starts revving his engine. I started laughing with the sales guy, and then I give the throttle one good hit while in neutral(it was a 6 speed, the other was an automatic surprisingly). You couldn't even hear the other guys engine. But he doesn't back down, and starts staging me. Needless to say, light turns green and I spin the tires for about 2-3 seconds, so he's already a few car lengths ahead of me. I catch him in about 2 more seconds and never see him again. I reached 60 in third, and I think I could have gotten there in second, but I didn't want to push it that hard. Unfortuately, the clutch was so stiff, I was limping for 2 hours afterwards. Then I look at the mpg on the sticker. It was 8. But I honestly think I had more fun in that than when I test drove a new viper a month or so ago.

I gotta give it to Dodge, they came out with a pretty sweet truck. If the SRT10 had been available in 4wd, I would of considered it. The sticker price for a new one would of kept me from getting one though. Nice to hear they are coming down in price.

thats my next vehicle. checked one out today, black on black quad cab, pure sex.

try to catch up ford.

i had to drop one off somewhere in the middle of summer red with black leather 6 speed with nav very fun truck did u try to get it into reverse?

Some goon at Atco Raceway was consistently running 17.90's in one of those. :rolleyes: People can't drive.

Members online

Back