Terminator swap

failsatheals

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have a Terminator engine Ive been planning to drop in a car. I have been debating recently about putting it in a mark 8. Does anyone here on the forums have any experience with one? Is there a lot of modding that has to be done to allow it to fit? I was originally thinking of a marauder, but I can pick up a mark 8 at a better price so it gives me more money to work with.

Any information or tips would be awesome.

I did the swap on a 96 mark viii, for a customer.

It did take a few Mods, but nothing difficult. Pretty much (engine wise) a Bolt In Swap

Gonna need a flexplate for your trans.

Biggest thing is, your gonna want a hood with a cowl, you may be able to get by without, but when we closed the stock hood (gen 1), it hit the supercharger.

Flaming river steering components (swivel and rod)

Fuel System modification (pump, rails, lines)

Computer retune, Obviously, and some minor harness work (extending some wires, like IAC, etc)

Used the cobra manifolds and a Summit xpipe, but required cutting and welding the pipe.

And i J-Modded the transmission to handle the power.

I am hoping to find a 97 or 97 lsc around here to use. What would your best guess be in how much the parts would be? Depending on how well of a block I can get I will rebuilt it into a Teksid. Im hoping it wont take me too long, I wanted to get some miles on it before the summer was over.

I came across that, but 50 pages is quiet the read. I may contact him if I have any questions

phreakness did the swap years ago, as well. You might look up some of his old threads.

First is you can't build it into a Teksid. It is already, as that name refers to the caster who cast the blocks for Ford. I went with "C" heads "freshened", along with all the mods and parts to handle the complete change over, running a KB 2.2L inter-cooled SC. Parts only were more than $17,000.00 if you want to do it right. You also have to add tuner money, exhaust, and suspension upgrades.

Members online

No members online now.
Back