Temperary Facelift for 300+horse Beretta

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I gave the car a temperary facelift. I was sick of the worn out old paint job. What do you think now?

GTZ 136.jpg

GTZ 139.jpg

GTZ 129.jpg

GTZ 125.jpg

GTZ 128.jpg

GTZ 130.jpg

GTZ 140.jpg

300HP, huh? No engine pics?

The hood looks like crap. It doesn't flow with the lines of the car.

The headlights give the car a surprised look. Sort of like a deer in the headlights look. In other words, they too look like crap. Sorry. You asked.

Pictures 1,2,5,6,7 show one sticker on the driver's rear quarter window. Picture 4 shows a bunch of stickers. Were these pics taken at the same time, or over a long(er) period of time? If the car was just painted, how come you have all the extra stickers on the car's window? If

I still wish to know where this 300HP is coming from.

Oh, and it's Temporary*

That is all.

Frogman said:
300HP, huh? No engine pics?

The hood looks like crap. It doesn't flow with the lines of the car.

The headlights give the car a surprised look. Sort of like a deer in the headlights look. In other words, they too look like crap. Sorry. You asked.

Pictures 1,2,5,6,7 show one sticker on the driver's rear quarter window. Picture 4 shows a bunch of stickers. Were these pics taken at the same time, or over a long(er) period of time? If the car was just painted, how come you have all the extra stickers on the car's window? If

I still wish to know where this 300HP is coming from.

Oh, and it's Temporary*

That is all.

Hey Froggy, here are some more pics for you. some of the car, paint job, and yes even trophies. Shouldnt hate so much.

http://www.motortopia.com/album/view/p/cars/t/vehicle/v/2491/a/2824/i/car_show_pics

HATE? The hell are you talking about? You're kidding me, right? Please tell me you're kidding me. What makes you think I'd be hating on a Chevy Beretta? Jesus man, just because I gave him MY opinion, (which in case you didnt get the memo, I happen to be an expert on), and that opinion was not... favorable, it doesn't mean I'm hating.

Frankly, idngaf about his trophies. All the trophies in the world will not dissuade me from my opinion. That hood and those headlights still look like junk.

Besides, I'm into putting my money where it matters. Instead of making my car LOOK fast, I like to actually MAKE it fast. I know, it's a hard concept to grasp fror some, but it's out there. Fake Ram Air hoods, and big exhaust don't make a car more powerful.

But to each his own, I guess. There will always be the bling-bling "look at me I LOOK MaD TyYE fast, Y0!" types, and the types who are "vroom vroom, I don't need to be an attention whore with my loud stereo, and my outrageous body kit, because unlike the bling bling types, I'm ACTUALLY fast!"
:p

At least he did one thing right. He returned that god aweful wing back to the Cessna that can actually use it. He could have at least filled in the holes in the trunk lid though.

Hating on a Chevy.. a Beretta, at that! That's rich. I'm still chuckling here.

ps.

It looks like the V6 model, which was good for what, 140HP stock? I'd like to know where he's squeezing another 160HP from? I mean, if the guy is actually putting out 300hp out of that V6 with a supposed 3.8 supercharged motor as he claims, mad props to him. But then, why is he not representing those mods, like he is representing the stereo, the neon lights, the interior and everything else he's spent money on? Experience tells me body mods, and shiny engine compartments don't make much power. . Certainly, not 160 extra HP

Frogman this is for you. the previous link was what the car looked like 4 years ago. Call it a phase I was going through.:lol: The car now how it stands. link http://www.motortopia.com/vehicles/view/p/cars//v/1203/i/the_beast
The name "the beast" is a joke. Several members of another board kept referring to the car as that. So I figured what the hell.:rolleyes:

THE HOOD (first four pictures)
The ram-air hood is a one-off hood. I made it.:D The supercharger sits just a hair to high for the hood to close. OH yeah, there is no aftermarket hoods sold that would have covered the supercharger. The hood is fully functional.:D

OTHER BODY MODS (last two pictures stock in '91 & now '06)
The headlights are BMW E36 angel-eye headlights. The grille is a solid grille from a '96 Z26. The gtz came factory with egg-grate grille. The front bumper has been shaved of the foglights and front turnsignals. I have done all the work mtself. Just like my LS.;)

PICTURES
The pictures with the stickers were taken weeks ago. The pictures with only the one sticker were taken yesterday. The white paint is "temperary". I still have a lot of bodywork to do. Including filling the holes in the rear decklid. BUt thank you for pointing that out. It means you were taking notice of the small details.

new hood 2.jpg

new hood.jpg

new hood 6.jpg

new hood 8.jpg

Stage 1.jpg

GTZ 139.jpg

The motor is a L67/3800sc. Stock produces 240 horses 260 ft torque. All the motormounts were custom fabricated by me and an uncle. The front crossmember was completely rebuilt to make room for the headers and handle the torque from the motor.

List of my mods and pictures.
1. cam by Comp Cams 28 horse gain to the crank, 19 to the wheels
2. larger injectors
3. Holley inline fuelpump
4. 180' thermostat 3-5 more horse gain
5. MSD DISC-4 igntion systm with coilpacks and wires
6. Simple Digital Systems stand alone management unit
7. Pacesetter headers
8. 2.75' exhaust
9. high-flow cat
10. stainless steel Tsudo performance muffler(gives a nice deep tone, hate the fart-can muffler sound)
11. CAI
12. axles by The Driveshaft Shop
13. 2300 stall converter
14. dual electric cooling fans
15. smaller supercharger pulley(to be installed at the dyno)
Guesstimating 60 more horses from the mods. Will know for sure this spring, when I return to the dyno. Plan to get 1/4 times too.

I had the car at the dyno back in March. It tried to "hoop" off. Since I have had the car aligned, new KYB GR2 shocks/struts, strut tower bar, and crossmember/strut braces installed. The car rides 100% better.

The sticker picture was a sarcastic joke on the local ricers in my area. You know how they put stickers all over their cars. Most of the time for stuff that they don't even have. I started collecting stickers and putting them on. Only thing was, I actually had the parts. Besides, like you "its a Beretta". How fast could it be.:rolleyes:

Future plans, finish the interior, new paint, and re-install the stereo. I built the car to drive. I hate trailer queens.

BTW I was impress that someone actually knew the horsepower of the 3.1. My 3.1 was rated at 140horses. Some of the newer models were rated at 155horses.

GTZ 112.jpg

GTZ 113.jpg

GTZ 117.jpg

GTZ 118.jpg

GTZ Motor 01.jpg

GTZ Motor 04.jpg

GTZ 105.jpg

GTZ 73.jpg

GTZ 48a.jpg

GTZ 49a.jpg

Frogman said:
Fair enough. Props for the 3.8 swap. Now just fill in the rear wing holes, and LEAVE THE EXTERIOR ALONE! :lol:
The exterior mods are done. Simple mods left to do, BMW roof antenna, bullet gas door. I have another rear decklid, BUT it is tealgreen. For now keep using the white one till I have the time and money to do a proper paint job. I only did the "temerary" paint job. Because I was sick of the old and tired purple paint job. I plan to paint the car "storm white". Friend does custom paint jobs. Leaning in that direction.

ouch i think someone bit his tongue.:bowrofl: anyways, i was just trying to help you (rollin) You didnt have to brag so much. J/k ;) Car looks Great, and when are you going to get with Quik and supercharge the LS.

Are they selling the supercharger package yet? I got sick of reading about it and waiting. I haven't looked at the topic in months. I am interested for sure.:)

Bit my tongues? No, I didn't.

As stated earlier, if he actually did have (which we now know he does) a 3.8 with an m90 on to of it, props to him. I don't have a problem with cars that can actually perform. Stickers or no stickers.

Settle down you two. Don't make seperate you.:lol: No harm no foul.:)

I had another topic in this section about the Beretta before. It had pictures and everything. You just missed it. Honest mistake.:) The car does get a lot of crazy reactions. People that see it kind of snicker and point. Then they look under the hood. You have to watch where you step. So you don't trip over their jaw. I am not the first to do the L67 swap. Just the first to actually have it drivable. Past attempts have had wiring, tuning, and motormount issues. Its my "project". Still has a long way to go till it is done.

Staff online

Members online

Back