Tell your worst abuse story -

Dealer's Brake Repair

Here's a dealer repair horror story:

I had taken my 2 year-old Town Car in to a Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealer to check out the brakes....I could hear scapping sound off and on from the one of the wheels. I knew the car didn't have enough miles to need brakes since the car was still in warranty, I took it to the local dealer...you know the folks that know your Ford-Lincoln-Mercury the best - Ha! :)

They said they had to do some adjusting to them. Anyway, while they were out testing the car on the road, the brakes failed....I think you know what happened next!

Well, they rammed my Lincoln into a 'New' Ford tractor! Thankfully, no one was injured! Needless to say, I was not a happy camper when I found out.... The Town Car surpisingly, had little damage....whereas the Ford tractor didn't show any signs of a hit except for paint scraps from the front end of my car. :-(

One of my employees called me to tell me that our brand new $100,000 bucket truck had stopped at 10-mile and Telegraph at the beginning of rush hour. If you knew the area you would fear for your life if you were caught impeding someone's way home.

I hopped in my two year old ML-320 and drove the three miles to see what was wrong. It ran fine but it wouldn't move. I looked underneath and found that the transmission had literally fallen out of the bellhousing.

We use lifting straps when setting light poles so I tied two of them together and started dragging the truck out of traffic. We were doing so well I decided to pull it all the way to the dealrship. Unfortunately, I got stuck at the light at Civic Center Drive, at the bottom of the hill. The Mercedes huffed and puffed, but we made it up the hill and to the dealership. It was funny to see the looks on people's faces when I pulled that 24,000 lb. truck into the dealer lot.

Two weeks later the transfer case needed to be replaced. Luckily, it was still under warranty.

My worst moment was on my birthday of all days, it was horrible. I was driving home from Yorktown mall, and a Chrysler blew a red turn light and Hit my Continental this was like two months after I got the car, the damage was a broken headlight, at least the chrysler got the worst of it he lost his grille front bumper, and his header panel was trashed. But I was still pissed he hit my car!! :soapbox: It ended up his fault, cause it was so he had to pay for my damages. Still it was the worst thing to happen to my car :rolleyes:

I had owned my 96 S10 for about a week when someone tried to squeeze by it in the parking lot leaving big red scratches on the front driver's side wheelwell. The second day I owned it, I had gone to visit my uncle with my two dogs in the back of the truck. His dog jumped on the side of my bed leaving big scratches on it. I've also had the usual mystery dings and dents from parking lot wounds to my doors. I really hate that. Not like my vehicles are worth a mint, but dammit, its MINE and I worked to own it. It really bothers me that people do not respect other's property. WHen I work on people's boats, I always treat them with care and take a bottle of cleaner and a rag to wipe up any dirt I might get on it while working.

well last summer my fring and I were out crusing and went past one of our old highschool hangout spots. and gess what there were like 15 kids or so. driving slowley throu the lot some kid spits on my car. now Im really pised off, so I smoke the tires and pull a u turn in the lot. the kid just came right up to me and ask what ear you going to do? I went strate to my trunk and graped my braker bar ( its a 3ft) and if my frend did not stop me I have no idea what would have hapend. so we leaft and later falowed the kid home and f@%^ed up his toyota as well as a BMW that was in the driveway. it was not a smart thing to do but it really did make me feel better.

When I first moved to California, one of the things I did was buy the second of my 62 Caddy convertibles.
This one was as good as new, both in looks and running.
I had it for three years , then took a trip to Boston.
I had only been there four days when the car was stolen.
A week later the cops recovered it in the bad side of town.
They had it towed to an impound yard and told me to view it to see if I felt it was salvagable.
As I stated earlier, this caddy was in prestein shape, not so much as a crack in the seats.
When I got to the impound, I couldn' belive my eyes.
The top had been shreaded to bits, the seats were slashed at leaste a hundred times, The gauges had a hammer taken to them, the windshield was smashed, the trunk lock had been gouged out, leaving an enormous hole, the five brand new steel belted tires were missing.
In short, this once beautiful machine was nothing more than a basket case.
This was the most tramatic experience I had ever had.

A week after i got my 88 tc i was driving about 5 ppl home when this kid got this EXTREMELY bad bloody nose. my seatbelt is now a darker shade of grey...and also later that day i hit a toyota....but i didn't do any damage, to my car.there was also the accident on the expressway with a minivan :Bang $800 later and she was as good as new. i've also had the repeated trunk slammings, door slammings, and muddy shoes; and i no longer park in the school parking lot because people don't know how to open car doors gently, and also i'm afraid someone's going to throw a brick through a window or something.
but what i really love is when a 'friend' decides that you power seats are "awesome" and plays with them for 30 minutes..... every day..... i'm just waiting for the day that the motor craps out....she'll pay for it, oh yes, yes she will...
gosh, i feel so stressed out when i think about these things.....

I've got a couple....

My ex got sick in my Mark VII on the way home from a concert (we brought a bottle of tequilla with us and drank the bottle at the concert), she opened the window and missed! All on the inside of th panel, seat, floor, and just a little on the outside of the door.

I brought my '67 T-Bird to a little hangout spot, one of those old school hot dog stands, parked, got something to eat. Some kids were screwing around jumping on packets of ketchup and splattered it all over my car! I had a nice work with them and the parents.

last story, I was picking up a friend from a train station with my '67 Bird. She gets in the car, about a block away she starts smoking! I stopped the car put it park and told her to walk the rest of the way. 5 mile walk home! Do not pass go, do not collect $200, thank you very much!!!

OH, i remembered a good one. In the summer, after maxing out the speed for some friends with stangs, i go over this 4 foot hump in the intersection and get the mark to fly, and i quote..."DUDE! HOLY $HIT! YOU FLEW THAT M()THER ****** ATLEAST A FOOT AND A HALF IN THE AIR! DAAAAAAAAM!" i believe about a week after that, my front bags poped. lol

MrWilson said:
OH, i remembered a good one. In the summer, after maxing out the speed for some friends with stangs, i go over this 4 foot hump in the intersection and get the mark to fly, and i quote..."DUDE! HOLY $HIT! YOU FLEW THAT M()THER ****** ATLEAST A FOOT AND A HALF IN THE AIR! DAAAAAAAAM!" i believe about a week after that, my front bags poped. lol
ya I jumped a 626 a few times back in the day, it is so much fun. But i would neaver do that to a lincoln. :L

My Mark was assaulted 5 months after I bought it. I had just spent money having the transmission rebuilt. I went to Wendy's to eat lunch. This particular Wendy's have a small parking area, so I backed in. Someone backed their car right into the front of my Mark. smashing the grill, splitting the bumper. Some customer yelled out "Someone just hit that car!" I was pissed when I realized it was my car. It took me two more months to save up to buy a bumper cover and buy a grill off Ebay.

Don't Get Me Started!!!

:mad:

I have tons of them. Being a Taxi Driver/Owner; I get the most dis-repectful people in my car all the time.

One Brilliant Example:

3 Drunks eating Hot Dogs want a Taxi Ride....
I teel them I will wait for them to finish their food.
One of the has Mustard on his hand. As he is getting into my old '94 Executive Series Town Car, I begin to hand him a paper towel for his hands. He Wipes Mustard all over the cloth seat!!!:mad:

I'm Pissed!!!

I ask WTF R U DOING?!!!

He says "What?"

I point at the mustard and the a-hole has the nerve to tell me: "I didn't do it, that was already there."
I look him in the eye and say GET THE F$%# OUT OF MY CAR A$$HOLE!
He says again: "I didn't do it, that was already there."
I politely explain the towel I had in my hand was intended for him to wipe his hand on because I saw the Mustard on his hand.
"Wasn't Me!" he says again. BS I say.
He and his friends beg to get a ride anyways.
I tell them to piss off 'cuz I gotta go to the car wash and shampoo the mustard off my seat.
The idiot continues to attempt to negotiate for a ride.:confused:

I tell them to show a little respect because I drive a Town Car, not a "Stinking Chevy!"

Then I spun gravel on the jerks as I took off.:D

I have at least 75 "Incidents" of disrespect towards my car every year.
How do I decide which to write about here?:eek:

Wow! So many....

I Love Charlisle Mike. Did you happen to see the pic of her smoking some doobie out of a granny smith apple? Priceless. Can't find it. They must have yanked it.

I went on a camping trip with my brother and a few friends last summer. We came home about a week later just to find my bros Mk7 sitting low. At first when we pulled up, it looked like the bags just deflated. But when we went into my backyard. The BRAND NEW goodyears were slashed. Some punk ass kid down the street slashed them.

haha... I love reading your stories... they let me know I'm not the only one, but on the other hand mine aren't as bad in comparison... I'm just usually having to remind people to keep their feet on the plastic mats that way the regular ones don't get dirty, and like to not touch stuff and get their fingerprints on it, etc... they all think I'm crazy. :\

I suppose the worst was when I had my Navigator and would always trade my dad for his, which was newer... and like I had it for the entire month of May and at the end he wanted his back, but he gave me mine all :q:q:q:qed up... needless to say I was PISSED... he's a pig, seriously... like he'll go get fast food and spill a drink and not even bother to clean it up... and he's fat, so like the seats get all wrinkled if not flattened... and like whoever his passengers are treat his cars like :q:q:q:q... so now every time he asks why I won't even let him SIT in my new LS, I remind him what he did to my Navigator, and to look at the condition his is in since I last drove it.

I suppose that's all for now.

Oh, and another one... I was at Relay for Life, and I saw that these people had decided to park INSIDE the stadium... with their F-250 thinking they're all badass... but I was like uhh no, I'm the parking lot king haha jk (the only other decent cars were like a 3 series convertible, and a H2 that I think belonged to a teacher) so I brought the Navigator in and like people were playing football around it so I was kinda nervous, but then these random people like came and actually sat on the back of the car and were like just chilling and I couldn't believe my eyes... so one of my friends suggested I open the liftgate (using the remote), which I did... they were freaking out, it was hilarious... then they tried to close it with their hands, but like I kept on opening it on them, eventually I shouted "Get the :q:q:q:q away from my car!" and they kept looking at me, and I was like "You heard me, bitches." so they just walked away... sigh... high school memories... haha jk Okay... now I'm done. :)

okay guys, i had a red plymoth valiant, and like the fifth year i was truck driving, it was in my driveway behind the truck, i couldn't see it in the mirrors, adn it was a VERY VERY powerful truck, i put it in reverse to go to the dock, and backed all over that car. tore the whole dam front end off. i didn't even know it. went to shift foreword, and looked into the rearview, and thought to myself "that trailer looks awful high, maybe it's ust the suspension on the back" i pulled off the car and saw the trailer come down onto the grond. i knew there was something wrong then. i stopped again, adn looked and saw my lovely little 2 door road waffle in the the rearview, i swear theat's as close to a stroke as i've ever been. so, i went to the dock and borrowed a flatbed and a heavy duty forklift and hauled my little car to the insurance place. then, i told them to terminate the policy, give me the money they could, and i'd go buy myself a new car. they gave me 200 dollars. and i went and put a downpayment on my next car: a big buick Cnetury. this was like in 1980 and that car didn't last long either. just to show you, be careful around large trucks/busses, adn other large equiptment!

Nyssa said:
A week after i got my 88 tc i was driving about 5 ppl home when this kid got this EXTREMELY bad bloody nose. my seatbelt is now a darker shade of grey...and also later that day i hit a toyota....but i didn't do any damage, to my car.there was also the accident on the expressway with a minivan :Bang $800 later and she was as good as new. i've also had the repeated trunk slammings, door slammings, and muddy shoes; and i no longer park in the school parking lot because people don't know how to open car doors gently, and also i'm afraid someone's going to throw a brick through a window or something.
but what i really love is when a 'friend' decides that you power seats are "awesome" and plays with them for 30 minutes..... every day..... i'm just waiting for the day that the motor craps out....she'll pay for it, oh yes, yes she will...
gosh, i feel so stressed out when i think about these things.....

if i had to park in the student' i wouldn't mind parking away. i love my car far too mutch for that

Members online

No members online now.
Back