Tell me thats not a sexy car

Seams like you got a good deal. Enjoy your car FLA. I drove one when it came out. Smooth car with nice interior, reminds me of lexus ES my girl has.

Just to correct a few points LED Fogs are not brighter than halogen. They are simply whiter and I bought them to color match my oem xenon headlamps. I dislike yellow lights on the exterior of a vehicle.

I bought mine for my reasons the features actually because it was a fully loaded 06 with every option and only 60k miles on the clock. Still under 80K miles and looks like a much newer vehicle to many people especially with how I maintain it. Interior looks very clean still.

The intake and exhaust on my car is not very loud at all actually just gives it a small rumble. Nowhere near mustang loud. Not loud enough still actually. And tons of luxury cars have exhaust. Been on any bimmer forums or ever heard of Brabus? Just because a car is luxury doesnt
mean it can't be modded.

I have yet to see any law enforcement departments here use anything from ford never tab the panther platform. I mostly see LX platform cars and various Tahoes and expedition.

Look, we're both adults here. I'm gonna drop this nonsense. I like what i like, you like what you like. We are both entitled to our own opinions and we are both entitled to disagree with one another.

Im not only pointing out you but others also that it kinda sucks to piss on someone's parade when they get something new and wanna talk about it. Yes this is a LS forum and im talking about an MKS but i was discussing losing my LS that i owned for 5 years and replaced it with another Lincoln. I am a "Lincoln Enthusiast". Yes i talked it up alot because i happen to like the car very much. Discussion over on my end.

One more note, there are many departments around me that are currently using the Taurus Interceptor and New Explorer Interceptor. Apopka Police Dept, that i pass thru alot, has a new all black interceptor that looks very menacing. But here is a generic PR pic of a Taurus Interceptor if you havent seen them. Some agencies like the FHP still use Dodge Chargers, other have stuck with Chevy Impala's, but the one's using the Crown Vic are already swapping to the Taurus. And yes, the Taurus Interceptors have the Ecoboost.
Ford-Taurus-Police-Interceptor-Stealth-1.jpg
taurus.jpg

taurus.jpg

Ford-Taurus-Police-Interceptor-Stealth-1.jpg

Yeah?

I just bought a '09 MKS. The older MKS has a much better waterfall grill than the new 2013.

Now you see why they are on you about talking up your car. You are accusing us of doing the same thing you are doing. I was giving you some credit until I saw this.

I didnt spend $25k, yes i do have peace of mind in reliability, and it yes does have good features. An MKS isnt moving up from an LS?, the features i listed says so to me and i do look forward to getting in and pushing the start button each and every morning. Enjoy the drive thoroughly.

If your a car whiz and know of so many choices go find me a car that could finance $16k, have full warranty for 4 years, and have same level of features.

No, an MKS is not a step up. An MKS is front wheel drive crackerbox, automatically a step down, no matter how many bells and whistles it might have. What I don't beleive is I actually saw the word "jealousy" used as to why people aren't impressed with your crackerbox. How can anyone possibly be jealous of a front wheel drive car? Can't be done. Can't happen. Jealous of wrong wheel drive? That's like being jealous of Freddy Mercury's love life.

As to what you could have had in its place, the Mustang, 300C, Charger, Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car, Camaro, Pontiac G8, all these cars fell within your price range and all are rear wheel drive V8 cars 2009 or newer. Any of them would be infinitely superior to a front wheel drive crackerbox.

No, an MKS is not a step up. An MKS is front wheel drive crackerbox, automatically a step down, no matter how many bells and whistles it might have. What I don't beleive is I actually saw the word "jealousy" used as to why people aren't impressed with your crackerbox. How can anyone possibly be jealous of a front wheel drive car? Can't be done. Can't happen. Jealous of wrong wheel drive? That's like being jealous of Freddy Mercury's love life.

As to what you could have had in its place, the Mustang, 300C, Charger, Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car, Camaro, Pontiac G8, all these cars fell within your price range and all are rear wheel drive V8 cars 2009 or newer. Any of them would be infinitely superior to a front wheel drive crackerbox.

Really, Grand Marquis? Town Car? Charger? Pontiac, a discontinued brand? Sorry but the quality of those cars dont compare. I'll go along with the before mentioned XF, BMW, Audi, etc as being a step up. But those cars metioned are subpar and not a step up. I very well could have bought any of those mentioned, but i didnt want to. Also the LS interior is subpar to a loaded Fusion let alone a MKS, so it is a step up from a LS. The dash is boring, the interior materials are cheap, and there is half the room of an MKS. Ever have anyone over 6ft sit in the backseat behind you in the LS and be comfortable? Doubt it. The LS interior is cramped. I am 6'4" and my brother is 6'6". He sat behind me in the MKS and we both still had plenty of room.

I cant say it enough i dont care about V8 or rwd, options and comfort and reliability/warranty are more important than engine size, which btw your LS has only 5hp more than my poor fwd V6 crackerbox and your drive by wire throttle sucks a$$ on the LS. And im running reg gas and getting better mileage. The Sync Nav alone trumps all benefits of a your V8 and rwd for me let alone all the other features. But its cool. Like i said, Im happy and i'll enjoy my crackerbox. I have matured beyond needing to have the fastest car at every stoplight, otherwise i would have gotten a mustang. But im a mature family man with a child and a job that requires alot of drivetime and the MKS is 1000x more comfortable to drive than my LS was. If we all wanna agree that the looks of the 2nd gen LS are more unique than the MKS than i'll go along with that. But the MKS isnt an ugly car, its a much bigger car and the design reflects that. Next time i see a LS in a parking lot i will park next to it and take a pic. The MKS dwarfs the LS and for me thats a good thing. I want the extra size and room. Debate is over.

I didnt spend $25k, yes i do have peace of mind in reliability, and it yes does have good features. An MKS isnt moving up from an LS?, the features i listed says so to me and i do look forward to getting in and pushing the start button each and every morning. Enjoy the drive thoroughly.

If your a car whiz and know of so many choices go find me a car that could finance $16k, have full warranty for 4 years, and have same level of features.

+1 on the push button start.. Thats one of my favorite things on my G37

Also i easily recall other LS owners switch to other brands... 300c, chevy cobolt, Camry, etc and they came back here to talk up their cars and they never got half the sh!t i have gotten for staying within the Lincoln brand. I actually get enjoyment out of reading all the different opinions, good and bad. And the rants make me laugh. Dont understand all the "you could have got this car which is better" talk. I could have bought a Porsche if i wanted. There are hundreds of other cars i "could" have bought with many much better than a Lincoln MKS. But the car thats sitting in my driveway is the car i wanted, and im happy with it.

+1 on the push button start.. Thats one of my favorite things on my G37

Thank you. The fact that i can keep the remote fob in my pocket the entire day and walk up to the car and swipe the door pillar and it unlocks is great. Getting in and just pushing a button to start is great. Keeping my phone in my pocket and having the Sync Nav connect to my phone automatically and have all my contact info and call history right there on the screen needing just a tap of the screen is great. Having literally every song i own loaded on the hard drive needing just a tap of the screen to access is great. Even better is pushing one button on my steering wheel and controlling every aspect of the car (radio,climate,nav,etc) is great. But hey...they all like their V8 and rwd drive. Thats fine. We know what the deal is ;)

Thank you. The fact that i can keep the remote fob in my pocket the entire day and walk up to the car and swipe the door pillar and it unlocks is great. Getting in and just pushing a button to start is great. Keeping my phone in my pocket and having the Sync Nav connect to my phone automatically and have all my contact info and call history right there on the screen needing just a tap of the screen is great. Having literally every song i own loaded on the hard drive needing just a tap of the screen to access is great. Even better is pushing one button on my steering wheel and controlling every aspect of the car (radio,climate,nav,etc) is great. But hey...they all like their V8 and rwd drive. Thats fine. We know what the deal is ;)

I actually washed my key 2 nights ago.. I took it apart and let it dry, and it still works. If you walked up and tried to open one of the passenger doors will it open, or is it only the driver's door? My car will only let me open the 2 front doors without using my key. The hard drive storage is pretty cool, my car has that also.
How's the THX radio in the MKS? It was pretty good in my LS, but I drove an MKZ and I was kinda disappointed the radio.

Last edited:
I actually washed my key 2 nights ago.. I took it apart and let it dry, and it still works. If you walked up and tried to open one of the passenger doors will it open, or is it only the driver's door? My car will only let me open the 2 front doors without using my key. The hard drive storage is pretty cool, my car has that also.
How's the THX radio in the MKS? It was pretty good in my LS, but I drove an MKZ and I was kinda disappointed the radio.

I actually went in my pool with my old ls key fob in my pocket and after opening and drying it out i only needed to replace the battery.

The drivers door has a "hidden" keypad in the pillar. Its pretty invisable until you touch it, then it becomes backlit. If the fob is in your pocket you can just swipe it and it unlocks the two front doors, always gotta hit the unlock button inside to let my son in the back. If no fob you can tap it and then enter your pin # to unlock. The hidden keypad also will lock the car, close all the windows/sunroof or unlock and roll down the windows/sunroof. Very useful.

Hard drive is one of those things that once you have it you cant own a car without it again.

The THX-II system has been rated as the 2nd best audio system in any brand vehicle made second to the $6000 optional bang & olfson in the Audi. Amazing sound, 14 speakers, two subs, surround sound. I listen to a live cd and its like your actually in the concert hall while they are playing. The newer THX-II is light years ahead of the THX in the LS. They did a fantastic job with it. I also cant speak highly enough of the new Microsoft Sync system in Fords. I was talking to a service advisor at the dealer and he was telling me the story about how microsoft was shopping around the Sync to all auto manufacturers when it was created and they all turned it down. Ford said yes and its capabilities are awesome. There is a usb port in the armrest storage area. As opposed to the LS that had a dvd based nav (which is now min. 6 yrs old data) the new Sync system you can go to the Ford Sync website and download an update to a usb memory stick and take that to the car and plug it in and install and update the Sync system including nav. I'm sure there are roads that LS owners drive that the icon is just in the middle of nowhere because the data is old and the roads are new. The sync will update the nav to include all new roads. I have a new interchange that i take daily that just got finished a couple months ago. Its already showing on my nav. The od dvd based systems cant do that and if im not mistaking the dvd's themselves were very expensive. The only thing the MKS is missing that other cars like BMW, Audi have is the rotary knob on the console to control the nav. But its a convienence that i can live without.

I actually went in my pool with my old ls key fob in my pocket and after opening and drying it out i only needed to replace the battery.

The drivers door has a "hidden" keypad in the pillar. Its pretty invisable until you touch it, then it becomes backlit. If the fob is in your pocket you can just swipe it and it unlocks the two front doors, always gotta hit the unlock button inside to let my son in the back. If no fob you can tap it and then enter your pin # to unlock. The hidden keypad also will lock the car, close all the windows/sunroof or unlock and roll down the windows/sunroof. Very useful.

Hard drive is one of those things that once you have it you cant own a car without it again.

The THX-II system has been rated as the 2nd best audio system in any brand vehicle made second to the $6000 optional bang & olfson in the Audi. Amazing sound, 14 speakers, two subs, surround sound. I listen to a live cd and its like your actually in the concert hall while they are playing. The newer THX-II is light years ahead of the THX in the LS. They did a fantastic job with it. I also cant speak highly enough of the new Microsoft Sync system in Fords. I was talking to a service advisor at the dealer and he was telling me the story about how microsoft was shopping around the Sync to all auto manufacturers when it was created and they all turned it down. Ford said yes and its capabilities are awesome. There is a usb port in the armrest storage area. As opposed to the LS that had a dvd based nav (which is now min. 6 yrs old data) the new Sync system you can go to the Ford Sync website and download an update to a usb memory stick and take that to the car and plug it in and install and update the Sync system including nav. I'm sure there are roads that LS owners drive that the icon is just in the middle of nowhere because the data is old and the roads are new. The sync will update the nav to include all new roads. I have a new interchange that i take daily that just got finished a couple months ago. Its already showing on my nav. The od dvd based systems cant do that and if im not mistaking the dvd's themselves were very expensive. The only thing the MKS is missing that other cars like BMW, Audi have is the rotary knob on the console to control the nav. But its a convienence that i can live without.

That's actually pretty amazing the you can update your NAV like that.. Their always moving on ramps and parking lots around down here in Southern California and the Navigation in my LS would show that I was driving in a random grassy area. But you can just buy a new disk and that would fix that issue.
The only brand that does a good rotary knob set up is Mercedes. The BMW iDrive is ok if you are parked, but if you are driving it is super tricky to operate. The Bang and Olufsen in the Audi's is pretty good.. In my opinion the best radio is probably the Burmester sound system in Porsche...

Plus the fact that you list at the bottom of your posts your "mods" shows your maturity and priorities......

Just curious why you haven't updated your signature? Isn't the inferior LS gone?

Just curious why you haven't updated your signature? Isn't the inferior LS gone?

Yes the inferior LS is gone and so will "Fla02LS" eventually, no plans to stay a member of this site. The MKS forum is a dud here but there are other websites that are much more active regarding the MKS. I gotta stick around for just a little bit longer to piss off the V8 RWD LS nut huggers :) My original intention was to post a thread stating my LS was gone and post another thread to sell the extra parts i had for the LS. Then all this MKS backlash started and ya'll have kept me entertained for now. Trust me, i'll eventually go away and never to be heard from again.

P.S. Changed sig just for ya'll

Yes the inferior LS is gone and so will "Fla02LS" eventually, no plans to stay a member of this site. The MKS forum is a dud here but there are other websites that are much more active regarding the MKS. I gotta stick around for just a little bit longer to piss off the V8 RWD LS nut huggers :) My original intention was to post a thread stating my LS was gone and post another thread to sell the extra parts i had for the LS. Then all this MKS backlash started and ya'll have kept me entertained for now. Trust me, i'll eventually go away and never to be heard from again.

P.S. Changed sig just for ya'll

You should stick around... I dont have my LS anymore, but I still really like the LS and I enjoy looking at and hearing about some of the LS' on here..

so the reason WE are all idiots, are because we are arguing over comparing two cars that are nothing like each other and not even close to the same class.

of course there are going to be some areas where the MKS is going to out shine the LS, if it didnt have a much nicer build quality and newer and better technology ford would be out of business, I mean it is a decade newer design. if you cant improve a lot of thine in a decade, then you probably shouldn't be making cars to begin with!

now there are also going to be some areas where the MKS will never top an LS due to the completely different drive train designs. balance and handling go a long way, hell they can even make up for heavy car and underpowered engine. of course any FWD car will not be balanced enough to have as good of handling and a RWD, but you know what, the buyer of a FWD drive car obviously doesn't care about that one aspect of their car, their priorities are somewhere else.

lets be honest with ourselves, America as a whole doesn't really care about a car HAVING to be RWD. if they did, that's all the companies would be building. those of us that must have RWD will get RWD, but that doesn't make us look right for hating on anybody that doesn't give a sh!t about that one part, instead it makes us all look like asses running around looking for tape measures to prove our cocks are bigger because somebody else said they they had a big one. your really think the LS is gods gift to man? take the top model of the LS (we all know its hard to beat an 06)
now put it up to everybody elese top model for the same year, M3, AMG, S4, CTS-V, hell even the JAG version of our cars have a beefed up version!
now somebody please tell me where does the LS stack up in the rear world? thought so.
ford gave it the collage try and got it mostly right, but killed it off before it could really be great because there was not enough people out there agreeing that it was the best car in the world.

now on the other side of things, you know damn well that posting a new car other than an LS in the LS forums will drive some ass somewhere to start the hating, especially when it differs so far from what the hive lives for. the minute you start telling these people that you car is better than theirs, its just going to get them all fired up even if some of it is true.

so how about this, if you dont like the MKS, why are you spending so much time reading and talking about one? also stop bringing it into other threads like damn children.

and if your going to post about a MKS in an LS forum, dont start talking about how better it is than an LS, if that is what you want to do, there is a whole section for that, and by the looks of it, not a lot of people are on there to agree

so the reason WE are all idiots, are because we are arguing over comparing two cars that are nothing like each other and not even close to the same class.

of course there are going to be some areas where the MKS is going to out shine the LS, if it didnt have a much nicer build quality and newer and better technology ford would be out of business, I mean it is a decade newer design. if you cant improve a lot of thine in a decade, then you probably shouldn't be making cars to begin with!

now there are also going to be some areas where the MKS will never top an LS due to the completely different drive train designs. balance and handling go a long way, hell they can even make up for heavy car and underpowered engine. of course any FWD car will not be balanced enough to have as good of handling and a RWD, but you know what, the buyer of a FWD drive car obviously doesn't care about that one aspect of their car, their priorities are somewhere else.

lets be honest with ourselves, America as a whole doesn't really care about a car HAVING to be RWD. if they did, that's all the companies would be building. those of us that must have RWD will get RWD, but that doesn't make us look right for hating on anybody that doesn't give a sh!t about that one part, instead it makes us all look like asses running around looking for tape measures to prove our cocks are bigger because somebody else said they they had a big one. your really think the LS is gods gift to man? take the top model of the LS (we all know its hard to beat an 06)
now put it up to everybody elese top model for the same year, M3, AMG, S4, CTS-V, hell even the JAG version of our cars have a beefed up version!
now somebody please tell me where does the LS stack up in the rear world? thought so.
ford gave it the collage try and got it mostly right, but killed it off before it could really be great because there was not enough people out there agreeing that it was the best car in the world.

now on the other side of things, you know damn well that posting a new car other than an LS in the LS forums will drive some ass somewhere to start the hating, especially when it differs so far from what the hive lives for. the minute you start telling these people that you car is better than theirs, its just going to get them all fired up even if some of it is true.

so how about this, if you dont like the MKS, why are you spending so much time reading and talking about one? also stop bringing it into other threads like damn children.

and if your going to post about a MKS in an LS forum, dont start talking about how better it is than an LS, if that is what you want to do, there is a whole section for that, and by the looks of it, not a lot of people are on there to agree

Never said anyone was an idiot. Nuthugger...yes. Idiot...no. And if im not mistaking when my original post was "lost my LS and this is what i got" the fwd hating started right away. Rather than a civil.."hmm, nice.. not my taste but good luck with it" i got how ugly it was and how stupid fwd cars are. So then yes....i turned it back around right at ya. Goes both ways. I've tried to be the bigger person and stop the back and forth b!tch fest with "BlackLS06", but some others wanna just keep it going. Soooo.... here we are...

Nah, the reason for the backlash is you started bagging on multiple threads about how much better your new car is than your old car. I know other people like you, who act like their current car is the best car in the world until they sell it for something else, then it's nothing but how their last car was such a pile of crap. I guarantee that if you were to wreck your MKS and replace it with something else, you'll be talking about what a POS your current car is. And yes, I'd take any of the cars listed without a second thought before I'd ever consider an MKS. Front wheel drive blows. Now as I can't stand dealing with people who think their current car's the best, and since you yourself said you planned to leave, I will now hasten your departure from this site by adding you to the ignore list. Goodbye, Fla, enjoy your crackerbox.

Hey, it works, all the pro-trash wheel drive posts have disappeared. If the rest of you want to keep reading his drivel, feel free. The LS may not be my favorite car in the world, but rest assured that when it's MY time to move on, I'll make a simple post that shows what I replace it with, then wish everyone good luck. I won't spend the next several weeks bagging on everyone else's cars just because I no longer have one.

THX II being better than the THX in the LS isn't true.

We have a 09 Navigator with the same system and i have been complaining about it since i got the truck, cause it's garbage. It's got sync, just look your MKS.
When the volume is turned up, the sound just starts fading. The amplifier has safety that kicks in to save the speakers from blowing up. So, the second you turn it up all the way, the loudness goes away, when it should be blasting.

One of our LSs was equipped with THX. As old as it was, it will embarrass the THXII sound system. Why advertise a great system, when you can never reach it's limits because they put cheap speakers in there that could easily blow? Shame on Lincoln.

It's a known problem within all the cars that are equipped with the same system, like Navigator, MKS etc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back