Tell me thats not a sexy car

Nice car!!!
Kinda sad that everyone's so negative about HIS new car. :-/ Clearly it's not your style or you would have one.. And plus, It's just rude to tell someone their baby's ugly..

Nice car!!!
Kinda sad that everyone's so negative about HIS new car. :-/ Clearly it's not your style or you would have one.. And plus, It's just rude to tell someone their baby's ugly..

Its one thing to enjoy a new car, its another thing to force it down everyones throats as if it were a rolls royce.

Nice car!!!

Well, he did ask for our opinions.. I am just an honest person :)

Nice car!!!

I don't know about others, but it's very important for me to stay true to myself in life.
Being fake was never my thing.

Its one thing to enjoy a new car, its another thing to force it down everyones throats as if it were a rolls royce.

Not forcing anything. Cant talk about a new car? Jealous? Envy maybe? Its hands down a much nicer and better equipped car than the LS. Thats a plain fact. I got the window stickers from both my '05 LS Ultimate and the MKS and that alone tells the story. Amazingly both were just about the same price, around $45k. Not acting like its a Rolls Royce but perhaps you havent been in a newer car that has newer technology. Thats the stuff i have mentioned. If its not your body style, thats cool. If fwd isnt your thing, thats cool. If a V6 isnt your thing, thats cool.

But i think the opposite is what is going on here that most want to point out how superior the LS is in performance and handling and rwd. Again, thats cool. That again may be the fact. But owning two LS's and staying with Lincoln and moving on to a MKS the two cars arent comparable. Take away the rwd, the extra 5 hp and the handling and yes, an MKS is like a Rolls Royce compared to the LS. Go drive one. I'm sure you got a Lincoln dealer near you. Take a test drive. Check out what a fully loaded MKS has to offer. There are plenty of cars out there even better than a MKS. Example the XF that another member talks about. But dont get on my a$$ just because i am talking about my new ride. Also when you test drive one really push that gas pedal and test out the handling. Think you might be surprised how it handles. But whatever....i'll enjoy my MKS and you can enjoy your LS.

Not forcing anything. Cant talk about a new car? Jealous? Envy maybe? Its hands down a much nicer and better equipped car than the LS. Thats a plain fact. I got the window stickers from both my '05 LS Ultimate and the MKS and that alone tells the story. Amazingly both were just about the same price, around $45k. Not acting like its a Rolls Royce but perhaps you havent been in a newer car that has newer technology. Thats the stuff i have mentioned. If its not your body style, thats cool. If fwd isnt your thing, thats cool. If a V6 isnt your thing, thats cool.

But i think the opposite is what is going on here that most want to point out how superior the LS is in performance and handling and rwd. Again, thats cool. That again may be the fact. But owning two LS's and staying with Lincoln and moving on to a MKS the two cars arent comparable. Take away the rwd, the extra 5 hp and the handling and yes, an MKS is like a Rolls Royce compared to the LS. Go drive one. I'm sure you got a Lincoln dealer near you. Take a test drive. Check out what a fully loaded MKS has to offer. There are plenty of cars out there even better than a MKS. Example the XF that another member talks about. But dont get on my a$$ just because i am talking about my new ride. Also when you test drive one really push that gas pedal and test out the handling. Think you might be surprised how it handles. But whatever....i'll enjoy my MKS and you can enjoy your LS.

Ive been in many newer cars and i could be driving a 5 series or similar right now but i have other priorities in life besides a car note. And if i were to buy an MKS (honestly don't see it happening) it would not be the base model either.

This a a Lincoln LS board, not Lincoln MKS. Nothing wrong with talking about how nice the car is but you don't have to make thread after thread and post after post about it. You could have made one thread and kept everything in there.

I don't recall anyone else on here talking so much about the car they went to after the LS and again those cars have been a substantial upgrade. An MKS is not like a rolls royce compared to an LS, clearly you have not been in any real luxury like the german machines.

Allow me to school you:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1

If you want someone to envy you, don't get a Taurus in a tuxedo. But its ok, i know how it feels to go from something older to something newer and feel like the king of the road. Until one of these pulls up next to you.

Go to a dealer and test drive one of those two and then tell me how much you like your beloved MKS.

A5B1enUCUAEUMTh.jpg

WOW....that new fusion is something else. I dislike FWD but am not entirely opposed to it.

I thought it was the mks with the ecoboost, guess not.

Its a nice car, I dont know about sexy though. I can't get over the fact it looks like a blimp with a whale's grin. I wouldn't own one, either. The red one with the body kit and wheels looks nicer, but I dont think it really makes you say "Wow" and do a double take on it like some ls'es on this site do.

I'm sure a lot of people will agree the LS IS sexy, not just because its theirs and they are biased, but because it actually is a sexy car. It has a great proportional figure, sporty body lines, how it has the potential to look as good, if not better than newer cars, and the overall shape and look of it.

Take your stock, black with some chrome, mks against an stock 06 ls, black with some chrome, I think the ls wins hands down in the looks department. If I had to replace the ls with something, I would really upgrade, not settle. To most here, the mks is not an amazing upgrade just because most aren't really excited about where lincoln is with their currents cars.

If you're excited and happy with your purchase, thats cool, congrats. You're just barking up the wrong tree here :D People shouldn't make you feel bad about your purchase though, but if you ask for opinions, you're going to get them and most won't be what you want to hear.

Not a bad looking fusion. Looks killer trying to take the aston look, but I liked the old fusion better. It was smaller and less blimp like, thats the problem with most cars today, nothing but blimps

+1 on the Jealous and Envy thing...

I don't know about others, but it's very important for me to stay true to myself in life.
Being fake was never my thing.

Its not about being fake.. Its about if you dont have anything good to say then keep it to yourself...

Its not about being fake.. Its about if you dont have anything good to say then keep it to yourself...

When you ask for opinions you take the good with the bad. Life isn't fair and everybody isn't nice unfortunately. I'm a cool guy but I call it as I see it.

This isn't elementary school. This is life.

Ive been in many newer cars and i could be driving a 5 series or similar right now but i have other priorities in life besides a car note. And if i were to buy an MKS (honestly don't see it happening) it would not be the base model either.

Trust me, i see every make and model car driving around in Orlando. Was behind a Bentley the other day, driving with a Mercedes SLS (which is probably worth most of the house's ya'll live in) on the highway, Ferrari's, Maybachs, you name it, I have seen it, driven next to it. And unfortunately me with my 'ol MKS i am the loser within the group of my friends....New Audi A8, Lexus LS, Mercedes SL500, Brother has a new F150 and BMW 550i. I've been in luxury. I know luxury. You can drop the "schooling me" attiude. The MKS doesnt stack up to that caliber and i never said it did. But it is light years ahead of an LS and is a Rolls compared to the LS. Despite its performance and handling the LS interior is extremely subpar and take away the cooled seats its a basic car.

But when you total your car and have literally days to make a new purchase i made a quick decision on a MKS that caught my eye at a dealer that a buddy of mine works for, and its the top of the line Ultimate, not a base btw. If it was an ecoboost i would own an ecoboost but it was what it was, the top of the line minus the ecoboost, there's not an option Lincoln offers other than ecoboost that isnt on my MKS. I got a good deal, pocketed some insurance money and got a $16k note. Win for me the way i see it. I'll take a $16k note with the peace of mind that i wont be spending one red cent to service my MKS for the next 4 years. Good luck on your LS not costing money on repairs. I could be in a 5 series too if i wanted, who cares, but going from having no payment to being forced to have a payment i went with what was quick and painless. You dont need to try to impress me with the " i could be in a 5 series" statement. I dont care what your priorities are or what your capable of. You own an LS with no note. I owned an LS with no note. Mine got totaled so i bought a MKS. Its that simple.

And i've made three...count them three posts regarding the MKS. One to say my LS was gone, one to show a crappy picture after i detailed it and got tint, and one to point out the safety issue with carrying a firearm in a MKS. Thats it. So you can drop your thread after thread issue. Bottom line if you personally take issue that a newer Lincoln is nicer than your LS then thats your problem. Not looking for envy, but i laugh at yours.

Opinions are like..... Never mind we all know the quote. At the end if the day I have no envy or jealousy over your purchase. You like it and that's cool and what matters is that you like it right? But you can shut up about it and join an MKS forum. This is not the MKS section point simple.

You can drop the holier than thou attitude with your Taurus. Everybody does not like your car I'm just one of the very vocal ones about it.

Take your stock, black with some chrome, mks against an stock 06 ls, black with some chrome, I think the ls wins hands down in the looks department. If I had to replace the ls with something, I would really upgrade, not settle. To most here, the mks is not an amazing upgrade just because most aren't really excited about where lincoln is with their currents cars.

If you're excited and happy with your purchase, thats cool, congrats. You're just barking up the wrong tree here :D People shouldn't make you feel bad about your purchase though, but if you ask for opinions, you're going to get them and most won't be what you want to hear.

I can take opinions, good and bad. I'm a big boy. I agree Lincoln's direction isnt anything like what for example Cadillac has done. But Ford in general has made great strides in all their lines of cars. The quality has improved, the technology has improved greatly, the performance is getting there. And trust me, i owned two LS's because i did like the looks and i modded mine to be different than any other. Mine stood out, got compliments all the time. Yes the MKS is a whale of a car, but i'm fine with it.

Its when your sitting in the drivers seat is where the MKS is its best. The new Ford Sync system is awesome, the integrated navi touchscreen is awesome with dvd player, sirius travel link, 10GB harddrive to eliminate all ipods, cd's, mp3's and all that clutter, usb port, MUCH better cooled/heated seats, multiple setting rear heated seats, higher quality leather seating and overall interior materials, stitched leather dashboard, dual sunroof with power shades (so the little one has something to look out of in the back), rear camera, front and rear sensors, adaptive cruise and adaptive xenon headlamps, THX-II sound system which will blow your mind, auto wipers (lame), runs on regular gas, gets better mileage.

Its those things that you just cant compare an LS to. Its not bragging. Its me explaining why i like it and why i am happy with my choice. Why some wanna act like "well thats not real luxury" i dont get. Its extremely comfortable, way more than the rather harder LS seating, drives smooth. Im happy. If someone wants to say that a MKS isnt their style thats fine. But the negativity towards it and the constant pointing out how there are better cars is just lame and childish. I can appreciate your comments and your right, i "settled" because of the situation i was in with the accident. Trust me, i'll eventually fade away and "Fla02LS" will cease to exist. But i came to the LS forum that i have belonged to for a very long time to say my LS was gone and i moved on to another Lincoln. I posted and sold some extra parts i had for a good price to people that needed them, yet i catch hell from a handfull of people still. Doesnt make me mad just makes me shake my head and actually feel sorry for those individuals. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats cool, but going thru life with such negativity isnt good trait to have.

Opinions are like..... Never mind we all know the quote. At the end if the day I have no envy or jealousy over your purchase. You like it and that's cool and what matters is that you like it right? But you can shut up about it and join an MKS forum. This is not the MKS section point simple.

You can drop the holier than thou attitude with your Taurus. Everybody does not like your car I'm just one of the very vocal ones about it.

Negativity at its finest. Its sad. Taurus....grow up. Plus the fact that you list at the bottom of your posts your "mods" shows your maturity and priorities. Are people supposed to care and be impressed what kind of intake, exhaust, tires, window tint you have. Updated fog lights? Quite lame. Dont make me think for a second someone who "knows" luxury is gonna list they upgraded their fog lights. Grow up. Your a kid who thinks their big pimpin with a LS. I'll enjoy my options, you go ahead and enjoy your 5K fog lights.

Of course it is.
And, why not? You are going to have me arrested?
Government has the same exact mentality as you, that's why same s#x marriage is legal today. They don't want to speak, they are afraid to be judged.

Would i spend $25,000 on a MKS? Absolutely not!
From what i have garnered, the OP purchased it to have a piece of mind in reliability and has notion it's a good choice because of it's features. Nothing wrong with that.

We all go to work everyday to make our lives better and move up at any rate possible. Replacing a Lincoln LS with a MKS isn't moving up. Why settle? If you are going to spend the money, why not purchase a vehicle that you are going to actually enjoy being in and look forward to getting behind the wheel with urgency.

There are lot of other vehicles out there that can provide the 3 times the luxury, 4 times the features, convey a personality and most importantly look attractive - like an ostentatious Jaguar XF. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1
It's CPO, which means comes with 6 year, 100,000 miles warranty. So, really, the car is only $25,000. They average between 25-27mpg. with a V8 under the hood.

The OP mentioned, there weren't a lot of XFs available in his area to choose from, which is understandable. But, that's not the point, lots of BMWs and Benzes out there within the same price range that would do more.

Ford Mays is the man who designed the new fusion. He has a history of being employed by Aston Martin, Volvo, Audi, VW, BMW as chief designer.
That's why the car resembles, an Aston Martin - mostly the horizontal grille. To me it still looks like a Ford econobox made to meet government standards.

Negativity at its finest. Its sad. Taurus....grow up. Plus the fact that you list at the bottom of your posts your "mods" shows your maturity and priorities. Are people supposed to care and be impressed what kind of intake, exhaust, tires, window tint you have. Updated fog lights? Quite lame. Dont make me think for a second someone who "knows" luxury is gonna list they upgraded their fog lights. Grow up. Your a kid who thinks their big pimpin with a LS. I'll enjoy my options, you go ahead and enjoy your 5K fog lights.

It's called a forum signature. It's a common place for people to post mods or pictures of their vehicles. yes I have posted what little mods I have because I thought this was a Lincoln ls enthusiast board... Go figure huh?

You're acting like an ******* now attacking me on a personal level. And I'm far from a kid and have done a lot for this country as a veteran and on the civillian side as well. I don't think I'm big pimping with an LS. I have simple yet tasteful mods that are to my liking. Did you not mod yours? I don't ride around on 24" rims and I also did not buy mine cash like many others did. Actually spent close to what you did on your MKS. So you need to check yourself before you insult me because I have my honest opinion on your fancy Taurus. Want some led fogs? I'll send you a set in the mail.

Of course it is.

Would i spend $25,000 on a MKS? Absolutely not!
From what i have garnered, the OP purchased it to have a piece of mind in reliability and has notion it's a good choice because of it's features. Nothing wrong with that.

We all go to work everyday to make our lives better and move up at any rate possible. Replacing a Lincoln LS with a MKS isn't moving up. Why settle? If you are going to spend the money, why not purchase a vehicle that you are going to actually enjoy being in and look forward to getting behind the wheel with urgency.

I didnt spend $25k, yes i do have peace of mind in reliability, and it yes does have good features. An MKS isnt moving up from an LS?, the features i listed says so to me and i do look forward to getting in and pushing the start button each and every morning. Enjoy the drive thoroughly.

If your a car whiz and know of so many choices go find me a car that could finance $16k, have full warranty for 4 years, and have same level of features.

Did you not mod yours? I don't ride around on 24" rims and I also did not buy mine cash like many others did. Actually spent close to what you did on your MKS. So you need to check yourself before you insult me because I have my honest opinion on your fancy Taurus. Want some led fogs? I'll send you a set in the mail.

Oh, now you dont like the "personal" stuff. Kettle=Black. Yes, i did mod. Bought a grill, front and rear spoiler, thats it. Made it look different than any other LS on the road, but i didnt put in LED fog lights. Think i can honestly say in the five years i owned my LS i never even used the fog lights, the HID lamps were plenty of light for me. Not too much fog in central florida, but i understand its cool to have bright fog lights. I actually paid more for my LS than i did for the MKS because i bought it newer, but if you paid close to what i paid for my MKS then i would have to say i got more for my money. You bought yours for your reasons, whatever they were. I bought mine because of my reasons.... the features. And you keep mentioning a Taurus. The new 2010/13 Taurus is actually a great car, so i take it as a compliment. Its a great platform, rated as the safest american platform, which is why law enforcement now uses the Taurus. So calling my MKS a dressed up Taurus isnt a making me feel bad one bit. But my opinion is that its lame to take a luxury car (LS) and put intake and exhaust on it. That alone shows our difference in expectations in our cars. You want a load roaring Lincoln. I like a quite smooth Lincoln. Its all good.

P.S. I'm good on the fog lights. Still dont use them as the xenon headlamps are still plenty good enough.

Just to correct a few points LED Fogs are not brighter than halogen. They are simply whiter and I bought them to color match my oem xenon headlamps. I dislike yellow lights on the exterior of a vehicle.

I bought mine for my reasons the features actually because it was a fully loaded 06 with every option and only 60k miles on the clock. Still under 80K miles and looks like a much newer vehicle to many people especially with how I maintain it. Interior looks very clean still.

The intake and exhaust on my car is not very loud at all actually just gives it a small rumble. Nowhere near mustang loud. Not loud enough still actually. And tons of luxury cars have exhaust. Been on any bimmer forums or ever heard of Brabus? Just because a car is luxury doesnt
mean it can't be modded.

I have yet to see any law enforcement departments here use anything from ford never tab the panther platform. I mostly see LX platform cars and various Tahoes and expedition.

I didnt spend $25k, yes i do have peace of mind in reliability, and it yes does have good features. An MKS isnt moving up from an LS?, the features i listed says so to me and i do look forward to getting in and pushing the start button each and every morning. Enjoy the drive thoroughly.

If your a car whiz and know of so many choices go find me a car that could finance $16k, have full warranty for 4 years, and have same level of features.

Fla02LS, me posting links to vehicles isn't going to change anything. You bought the car you wanted to and it seems you are happy with the purchase. Nothing else matters.

Members online

Back