Tasca Mark VIII

Only an M90 was installed? Isn't that a bit small for the 4v application?

not really. its been done a few times that i have seen. when you aren't going forged internals, the 10 or so psi that the m90 can produce is the limit anyway.

Of all the colors they could have chosen for the interior... :yuck:
Love to have that engine in my black Gen II, though. That'd work. :p

What all has been modified on this car? I doubt those Chrome 10 spokes came on it since those didn't come out till the 95 model year..considering this car was built in 92 its kinda hard to believe Ford would have had tooling for rims then. Also it doesn't seem like ford would put all polished or broke plated stuff under the hood if it were just a prototype..

IF I had that car I'd take it to the local upholstery shop that did the interior on my '93 & I'd have it completely done in black with the seams in silver & silver CobraStars in the middle of the seats & right under the CobraStars in his honor, his last name; T A S C A. That's it. That car is beautiful.

What all has been modified on this car? I doubt those Chrome 10 spokes came on it since those didn't come out till the 95 model year..considering this car was built in 92 its kinda hard to believe Ford would have had tooling for rims then. Also it doesn't seem like ford would put all polished or broke plated stuff under the hood if it were just a prototype..

the ad states (somewhat conflictingly) it was built in early 93, not 92.

seems plausible. stuff has to be designed years in advance before it hits the market. and ford would be the first people to have them i'm sure.

and as far as the chrome, its got a **** ton of other stuff it doesn't need. twin computers, throttle bodies, fuel injectors, and even computers. so a little polishing under the hood would have been the easy part.

I like the blue. I wish they had done more of a Ford blue but its nice.

I don't think Geno owns the Super Mark anymore,I believe he sold his interest in it to a friend.

Definitely a very inspiring car that will never be duplicated. If I had the money I would buy it. Here is a pic of a sister engine that resided in the lobby at the Romeo plant.

Dads New Engine.jpg

Aftermarket supercharged is WAY less money. You're paying for a novelty. With that said, I paid $11,000 for my blown car. :D

Hell for that money you can buy a mark for lets say 6 grand (so you get a nice one), drive it to a shop, let them put a freaking 2.4 kenne bell on it, build a totally forged engine and stuff like that ending up at minimum 6-700 on the wheels with absolutley no change in drivability....
No, I think I'll pass on the "smoking" deal of an M90 supercharged DOHC... :)

Like I said, it's a novelty; a rare piece of history. Someone who appreciates that and wants it (likely to store it again) will buy it for the price asked. On the contrary, no one here that just wants to simply have a Mark8 with a supercharger setup is going to buy this one. I think that it would be a person interested in the car itself because it's a specialty item and for its rarity, not necessarily because they just "want a supercharged Mark8".

BurbankLSC for example will tell you that you can run 10s in a Mark8 for a whole lot less than 48 big ones. And I mean a whole lot less. Here is what he told me personally: "it has stock Mark viii Teksid block with Cobra forged crank , Manley rods and pistons , still 4.6 engine . car has less then a $1K into bottom end. stock cylinder heads , stock cams , stock 4R70W trans , stock IRS . it went 10.6's with non intercooled Vortech S-trim supercharger at 11-12 lbs of boost and cheap Anderson methanol injection"

With that said, my $11,000 blown setup might need a cage in the future. I still have $34,000 to spend to hit the asking price for the Tasca, and by then I think the car will just be simply too fast and reliable on the street. LOL

Yep it is a sweet low miles clean one of a kind collectors item with forged internals and lots of class. And I would love to own it. That being said, yes I believe the M90 is a poor choice for that engine. Case in point mine with only 8psi with a Vortech on a otherwise stock engine has out ran its best by almost a second.

How times have changed. LOL Now we have an all motor Mark8 "Right on the Mark" running a 12.8 in the 1/4 mile. And he has yet to do an intake swap and cobra cams. I wonder how difficult it would be to custom tune a car with 2 PCMS in it. If it is not difficult, it surely isn't cheap! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.
Back