Tale of 2 Lincoln's with pics

Rick1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
We bought a realy nice 2001 Gen 1 LS V8 the other day , so I drove it home and parked next to my 2006 Gen 2-took some pics. You can really see the difference side=by-side. I just thought it might be interesting to hear others thoughts.

photo 1.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5 (1).JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5 (1).JPG

did you not know they were different?

I think he knows there ARE differences, but like he said, he wanted to put 'em side/side to more readily SEE the differences.

Like me, I only know there ARE differences, but I've never studied them out to note what all is different. :)

I DID see pics from a diff model year ('02 if I recall) and compared them against my '05, and there are a number of other styling cues inside that were markedly different, namely the side storage pockets on the door like I've got versus what looked to be simply stretch vinyl with an elastic band.

But some of the differences from one to the next are so minimal...it's like one of those tests where they put two very similar pictures side/side and then ask you to list 8 differences from one to the other. Unless you know what you're looking for, they go unnoticed :)

And so Rick, got a favorite between the two if all other things were equal as far as mileage/condition?

I think he knows there ARE differences, but like he said, he wanted to put 'em side/side to more readily SEE the differences.

Like me, I only know there ARE differences, but I've never studied them out to note what all is different. :)

I DID see pics from a diff model year ('02 if I recall) and compared them against my '05, and there are a number of other styling cues inside that were markedly different, namely the side storage pockets on the door like I've got versus what looked to be simply stretch vinyl with an elastic band.

But some of the differences from one to the next are so minimal...it's like one of those tests where they put two very similar pictures side/side and then ask you to list 8 differences from one to the other. Unless you know what you're looking for, they go unnoticed :)

And so Rick, got a favorite between the two if all other things were equal as far as mileage/condition?
The 01 is in better all around condition actually. It only has 89k on it and it was a one owner. I found a plastic baggie in the trunk with 4 extra lug nuts and it had a note in it that said 'great car-enjoy" so that pretty much tells you how this 01 was cared for. I'm the 3rd owner of my 06 although one of the owners only had it 4 months. Other than the HP increase, mine is a Sport and the handling is noticeable, especially in the curves.
There are supposed to be 500+ changes between the two

I've also had both. I liked my 2001, I'm in love with my 2006.

I sold the 2001 LS today for 6200. plus tax tags and dealer fee. He got a nice car and I gave him the note I found in the trunk

one of the biggest differences most people don't recognize unless they see them side by side is the back end, sure we all know that the newer taillights are smaller, but most probably dont realize that the license plate surround are such different shapes...

Members online

No members online now.
Back