So i finally got the system in the LS.

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT
Polk MM5251 in front
Infinity kappa PERFECT 5.1 in the rear
Box from ebay
2- 10" SSA Dcons
ppi PC1400- subs
ppi PC450- mids/tweets

A big thanks to Josh (1loudls) for the help.

Radio2-1.jpg

Sub-1.jpg

Sub5-1.jpg

Sub4-1.jpg

I didn't want to lose trunk space
Sub3-1.jpg

The ebay sub enclosure was perfect for my needs.
AMP1-1.jpg

Amps are mounted underneath the trunk mat on top of the spare tire, which is still in the car and accessible. I have not completed the amp area yet, it is still a work in progress.

What do you guys and girls think?

The only thing is your amps are not going to be able to get good ventilation by being enclosed like that.

The only thing is your amps are not going to be able to get good ventilation by being enclosed like that.

I have a fan mounted on the left side of the rack, if you can call it that, to circulate the air. This is temporary while I finish the cover plate that will have 2 fans built in, one to push air in and one to pull it out. I will post pictures once I have finished it.

Looks GREAT! Nice job. Hows she sound?

Sounds great! I was a bit leery of the SSA subs, but I heard a friend of mines and they sounded killer so I took the plunge. They are perfect for me as my bass head days are behind me and they produce crisp, tight bass notes consistently as well as seat shaking lows when needed.

I've done some tight enclosures in my day. Here are pics from my Lightning.

lightning.jpg

Headunit.jpg

Subandamps.jpg

amps.jpg

i like your set up. Amp mounting is the only drawback to the ebay box. There is absolutely no room in the back where it would usually go. But it sure is a good box.
can your amp rack be moved in case you need the spare? I was thinking about something like that but maybe hinging the amp rack. Ventilation will deff be a problem down there. Also you wouldnt have the factory bolt that suspends the middle of the floor of off the spare.

Edit: nevermind just saw it

I have the same box and my amp is mounted on the back of it with no issues and it isnt a small amp either.

nice man looks clean....im trying to make something to hide my 15 inch. Im thinking of placing it where the spare tire sits...still not for sure yet

I have the same box and my amp is mounted on the back of it with no issues and it isnt a small amp either.

will moving the box up a bit to make room for the amp, still allow access to the spare? Does it ever overheat trapped in between the box and seats?

my box is out and not going in until i get my sub so i would check myself if i could.

How easy is it to pull the box out? Reason I ask is because sometimes I need to use the fold-down seats to move stuff. It would be nice to be able to just pull the box out and leave it at home when I needed to. That's about the only thing holding me back from doing something similar.

can your amp rack be moved in case you need the spare?

Yes you can access the spare. I have a wing nut and a washer that holds the "rack" in place. It is cut to fit the opening so it fits snug. I'll get some additional pictures for reference.

How easy is it to pull the box out? Reason I ask is because sometimes I need to use the fold-down seats to move stuff. It would be nice to be able to just pull the box out and leave it at home when I needed to. That's about the only thing holding me back from doing something similar.

It's real easy with this set up- I fold down both back seats, disconnect the box (2 speaker wire plugs located on either side of the box) and it slides right out.

damn son, that lightning looks pretty hot (the LS doesn't look too bad either if i might say so myself.lol ).

is that an SR1 or an SR7 above the radio (ive been really tempted to replace my 8500x50 with either a sr7 or a 9500ci)

its as easy as un-plugging it and pulling it out, it is a tight fit for sure, but there is nothing locking it in.

EDIT: i was beat to it, got to stop walking away with the screen open and coming back to type the comments

damn son, that lightning looks pretty hot (the LS doesn't look too bad either if i might say so myself.lol ).

is that an SR1 or an SR7 above the radio (ive been really tempted to replace my 8500x50 with either a sr7 or a 9500ci)

690 RWHP will really chew up the asphalt

it's the SR1- everything was installed in '01 so its all circa '01 :D

nice, im really digging the old school 1.5 din alpine in a din chassis, those are some of the best radios ever built, the processing beats most new radio out today!

nice, im really digging the old school 1.5 din alpine in a din chassis, those are some of the best radios ever built, the processing beats most new radio out today!

Yea its the cda-7998. Probably the best head unit I have ever owned.

Jake, I have the same box, and mounted my amps on the sides of the trunk wall near the back. If you search, you should find the thread with pics. Josh (1LoudLS) did the amp and capacitor wiring. You don't really lose any trunk space, the amps are more accessible, and get plenty of ventilation.

I really like/want that headunit. I got the z2 and love it for the simple fact that it has a built in hard drive, but I love the interface of the BT. When installing did you have enough clearance in the rear when you actually slid the unit in? I had some much wiring from 3 harness,gps,ipod, and blue tooth crap I had to literally push like hell to get the HU to sit semi flush. Just wondering.. nice set up tho

Did you cut the box to make it fit, or do they come the right size already? Do you have a ebay link? and thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back