suspension sacrifice?

tegra1027

LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to give my 00 LS a better stance IE: wheels and lowering springs.. My question is.... Is there anyway to do this without sacrificing the ride quality?

Nope. Changing the wheel size is like driving a totally different car... Losing that tire cushion was brutal...

But honestly if you get what you want, it's worth it.

Im not sure what size iz stock. 55r16 i think. using?those numbers as an ex. if i went?to a 55 or even 50 r 17 or 18, wouldn't it be relatively similar in ride? and also, if i?got a lower spring, but stayed with a good shock, would?tbat sacrifice nethingM

This is why im keeping the stock 17's......they look good enough and keep the ride smooth.

I want to give my 00 LS a better stance IE: wheels and lowering springs.. My question is.... Is there anyway to do this without sacrificing the ride quality?

no, you cant change physics. adding bigger wheels will decrease the amount of tire you have to absorb impact from the road(i wont even get into the difference in weight will have), and lowering the car will reduce the amount of travel that the car has to absorb bumps meaning that to stop the car from bottoming out with less travel, means that it will have to firm up the suspension to compensate for less travel will have.

Members online

Back