Suprise in the bone yard today

Damn son, you do realize now you have the very 1st Hite Performance Heatshield ?!?!

The Gen1 LS "Prototype" Heatshield ~ Looks good, great salvage.

There are some articles about removing the air silencers on the plastic intake tubing to deliver a more straight flow of air into the intake but unfortunately there are as many posts with respects to the fact that it's a bad thing to disrupt the air waves within.

Don't know what to make of it, blows the whole CAI theory out of the water.

Damn son, you do realize now you have the very 1st Hite Performance Heatshield ?!?!

The Gen1 LS "Prototype" Heatshield ~ Looks good, great salvage.

There are some articles about removing the air silencers on the plastic intake tubing to deliver a more straight flow of air into the intake but unfortunately there are as many posts with respects to the fact that it's a bad thing to disrupt the air waves within.

Don't know what to make of it, blows the whole CAI theory out of the water.

there's actually a good thread about it but I guess people here would say "well it's a 4-banger doesn't apply to v8's"

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819&page=4

the guy did a scientific research on CAI. Somehow it's worth upgrading the exhaust .

Good read, even though I'm not going to read all 54 pages. I've read a similar study on one of the Mercedes forums (I don't remember which one and don't feel like trying to find it). The general theory applies to all cars, but the exact RPM range where it causes problems (and the severity of the problem) is likely different for different engines.

It is actually the 3rd or 4th. The very first was stainless steel and heavy as a brick. The MAF adapter doesnt fit right as you can see in the first pic in this thread

Good read, even though I'm not going to read all 54 pages. I've read a similar study on one of the Mercedes forums (I don't remember which one and don't feel like trying to find it). The general theory applies to all cars, but the exact RPM range where it causes problems (and the severity of the problem) is likely different for different engines.

Some tuners disconnect the MAF sensor to avoid this issue while most do it at the software level (re-scaling the MAF values)

Members online

Back