Supervision HID Xenon Conversion Kits

clarify please.
i know there is a 5% may discount on lsk.com.
and a 10% disc for gold members.
15% off total?

2003-2005 LS uses a 9145 Fog lamp bulb. I have a 2005 and tried to install a 9005 bulb... using some zip ties made it work but still not the right bulb.

Also, the factory HID's are 4300k, using 6000k fog lamps looks weird. My fogs are blueish tinted while my headlamps are white.

I have this exact same kit already installed in my LS but i have the 6000K bulbs, 9005 style. I have approximately 10-15 hours of use on the bulbs. If someone wants to ship me the 4300K bulbs (9005 or 9145), I will exchange even swap for my 6000K's.

Small054.jpg

So you have the SuperVision kit? Aside from you wanting 4300k instead of 6000k how do you like the quality/performance of the kit? I might be buying one soon and just wanted to know from someone who actually has them...

I had 6000k 9005's in my fog lamps and they fit with just a small amount of finessing. I agree though, the color difference between 6000k and 4300 made it look ricey.

2003-2005 LS uses a 9145 Fog lamp bulb. I have a 2005 and tried to install a 9005 bulb... using some zip ties made it work but still not the right bulb.

Also, the factory HID's are 4300k, using 6000k fog lamps looks weird. My fogs are blueish tinted while my headlamps are white.

I have this exact same kit already installed in my LS but i have the 6000K bulbs, 9005 style. I have approximately 10-15 hours of use on the bulbs. If someone wants to ship me the 4300K bulbs (9005 or 9145), I will exchange even swap for my 6000K's.

How did they not fit? I allways got them to fit into cars requireing 9145 fogs.

Someone else said they didnt fit right either but everyone even the distributors of the bulbs say they fit.

Could you explain? ( im not doubting you I ust wana know:) )

clarify please.
i know there is a 5% may discount on lsk.com.
and a 10% disc for gold members.
15% off total?
No. If you are an LvC Gold member you get 10% off all web prices. If you are not an LvC Gold member then you can use the May 5% discount. You don't get both.

I dont believe I gotten direct answer so ill ask again... i know 4300k is stock halogen color...

in terms of HID though does it look like your driving with your brights on or is it noticeably different from stock?

I dont believe I gotten direct answer so ill ask again... i know 4300k is stock halogen color...

in terms of HID though does it look like your driving with your brights on or is it noticeably different from stock?
Halogen burns at a lower color around 2300K or so. The 4300K will give you a much brighter and whiter light. Also, see chart below for more information.

colors.gif

Here is another picture showing the difference in Halogen versus HID.

HIDAdv.jpg

i've never gotten beamed for my fogs. i guess they are so low to the ground that the projection of them does not reach the level which is needed to actually blind someone.

I've gotten the high beam flash from having both sets on... I do a half pull back on the lever to put the brights on (silverstars) with the fogs. F**kers...

I thought so. Now they know not to do it next time they see me. I was just returning the favor.

I put the higher end Xetronic kit in my wife's MKX and have never got a high beam flash. I also have never had to use the high beams either. 4300K, looks just like the HIDs in a Acura TL. Very nice color.

My 2005 LS with the squared off fogs came factory with 9145 halogens. When i attempted to install the 9005 HID bulbs, i compared the 9145 and 9005 bulbs. i found that the mounting tabs are offset just a little. I was able to install the 9005 bulbs but they would not lock when turned. I used a zip tie to ensure they would not rattle loose and fall out.

This kit appears to be a good quality kit that is easy to install. It comes with mounting brackets which are easily installed on our LSes. I used the bottom bolt of the washer fluid bottle on the passenger side and a factory hole on the driver side fender. You do not have to run a seperate wire for power to the ballast. Simply disconnect factory harness from fog lamp bulb, remove 9145 and install 9005 bulb. I had to remove the entire fog lamp housing (3 nuts) to install the bulb and zip tie. Very easy to do. Then mount ballast bracket, reinstall fog lamp with bulbs mounted. Plug in all wiring, fact harness to adaptor to ballast, 2 wires from bulb to idiot-proof watertight connectors from ballast. Done.

Also, you may need to adjust the fog lamp height for your liking. There is a spring loaded philips head screw on the fog lamp housing to rasie or lower the beam, i lowered mine a few turns to help with glare avoidance due to the HID bulbs.

I experienced a little flickering on my passenger side fog the first 3 times at startup. But the flickering has subsided and all is well. This is an awesome upgrade and worth every penny. Take a look at my profile to see before and after pics.

I got a extra set of 9006 6000k's that are new if anyone is interested. Same wire harness as the kit pictured.

Also is their anyway to get a set of 43k's 9007 just the bulbs Gray Ghost? I already have 4 ballasts laying around.

Members online

No members online now.
Back