Supercharger...

Yeah my Mark is a 96' so it should be OBDII. The thing that stinks with my WRX and the piggy back is that it makes the OBDII port non functional. So the NJ state inspection is not a possibility now :mad:

It hasn't been that bad as I still have a few months left on my New Car Inspection sticker. When thats up I have to play the garage inspection game.

MrWilson said:
Well, the early marks are OBDI so you cant use a laptop to tune them, you gotta tune the chip and then put the chip in. If you have a 97-98, i believe you can use a laptop on them. dont quote me on that

if you want laptop with obd1 on fords use this.................

www.tweecer.com

cool

mike

They dont have anything for the mark8.

extreemly cool if they did.

You have to buy a blower for 4V heads. You are looking at 2V blowers. For B heads your only option for a twin screw would be the 1.5 KB non intercooled. It was one of the 1st blower kits that came out for the 96 Cobra. My friend actually had one on his 97 Cobra and it made it feel like a big block around town.

95LSC32V said:
You have to buy a blower for 4V heads. You are looking at 2V blowers. For B heads your only option for a twin screw would be the 1.5 KB non intercooled. It was one of the 1st blower kits that came out for the 96 Cobra. My friend actually had one on his 97 Cobra and it made it feel like a big block around town.

what kinda power was it makin.

Honestly it was probably only making around 350hp at the wheels and like 380 torque but all the torque down low made it pull like a big block.

MrWilson said:
thats a little crazy, it also doesnt look like its worth the money they are asking for it. Looks like it was made by a home mechanic.

Just to set the record straight. I was about a hairs breadth away from getting that supercharger system for my 4.6 vehicle. It uses the Whipple 2300 ax (aka 2.3L) twin screw superchager. It is quite a badass design and well worth the price. It you take a look at Kenne Bell's nearest comparison (KB 2.2 kit for 99-04 GT) you will see that there is a significant price difference between the two. I decided to go with the Kenne Bell 2.2 due to AED having some company issues about 6 months ago and I love the scream of the KB twin screw versus the relative quietness of the Whipple's. They have recovered from the problems by now, but at the time I was finally making my mind up I wasnt quite sure. Rest assured that if you were to get the Allen race kit that you would be getting a quality piece of equipment. The fella I talked to a few times over there was very nice and quite supportive too! Just letting you all know. I actually started to reccomend this kit in my first reply in this thread but then realized that your cars ahve the 4V heads and not the 2V ones. Oops. hehe

BTW, there is no way to compare the 1.5L KB kit to that 2.3L Allen/Whipple kit. That 1.5 would max out at 10 psi before heatsoak (hey, its a tiny little fella, what do ya expect?), where as the Whipple 2.3 could efficiently hit 18-20 psi no problem. I am not going off of factory psi ratings (usually BS) I am going off of real world figures for those numbers too.

Take care all. Hope I helped.

The Mercedes cars have those clutches only to disengage the supercharger instead of recirculating. It never just "picks up" at higher rpms.

Members online

No members online now.
Back