Supercharged Jaguars?

Bicycle or motorcycle? lol.

Trucks make all the difference in the winter.

I was making a joke about me riding a pedal bike.. Pedal bike.. Yea right.. :lol:

I have a Danger Ranger and in 2wd, I would defiantly say that the LS is better.. But in 4wd, there is no contest.. And there is no 4wd drifts in the LS either.. :D

I was never crazy about the S types either, but the STRs are sweet.

2008 Black on black.....something to drool over.

It's just that damn front end that ruins it all! But from the side, it looks T!TS! :)

if your going to have to deal with the looks of a jag, i would just go with a car with a real motor, CTS-V, god awful to look at but even the all motor 1st gens are dame fast with a bullet proof motor that has been know to handle boost pretty well, and if you really have deep pockets, ive even seen a couple of 2nd gens starting to drop to a decent level, and there aint sh!t wrong with a 550hp+ blown V8!

and every body know that chevys are much easier to work on that any British car.

best horse power for dollar, 1st gen CTS-V and a phone call to STS

It has one major flaw, the transfer cases like to go out. However, rebuild kits are plentiful. Also, the AWD is slow to react. They are available with 5 Speed sticks though.

I agree that the LS looks better, wish you could get the LS with S-Type R drivetrain, which also has a 6 speed trans. Also available with a 5 speed, but even rarer in the states then a LS stick(there's one fore sale not far from me).

You can get the S-Type with a 5 speed manual?!?! Fu(k that's it. I want one LOL. Is the one by you on craigslist? Link please!

Transfer case? Is that on AWD models? I thought the R was rear wheel drive only?

I was never crazy about the S types either, but the STRs are sweet.

2008 Black on black.....something to drool over.
EP325.jpg

That is exactly what I'm talking about baby! Sex on wheels right there lol. What a hot looking ride. Pulley, tune, and a louder exhaust and I'm set :)

I was making a joke about me riding a pedal bike.. Pedal bike.. Yea right.. :lol:

I have a Danger Ranger and in 2wd, I would defiantly say that the LS is better.. But in 4wd, there is no contest.. And there is no 4wd drifts in the LS either.. :D

It's just that damn front end that ruins it all! But from the side, it looks T!TS! :)

Oh I thought you might've had a motorcycle. I've got a couple and can talk bikes til I'm blue in the face about bikes ;). They are my 1st passion, with the rumble of a V8 being a very close 2nd place!

The side and rear of the S-type aren't bad at all, but I agree they could have done much better on the front. It's ok, nobody will ever see the front on the R!!

Oh I thought you might've had a motorcycle. I've got a couple and can talk bikes til I'm blue in the face about bikes ;). They are my 1st passion, with the rumble of a V8 being a very close 2nd place!

Can't afford one at the moment.. I do have a motorcycle licence though.. My mom owns a Harley 883 Low.. I plan on buying a Buell Firebolt XB12R or 1125R.. :D

You can get the S-Type with a 5 speed manual?!?! Fu(k that's it. I want one LOL. Is the one by you on craigslist? Link please!

Transfer case? Is that on AWD models? I thought the R was rear wheel drive only?

I can't seem to find the s-type now, maybe it sold. It was a 2003 and the seller was asking $9500.

I was referring to the x-type with the AWD. The R is RWD.

Sh!t, my last post got lost. wtf. I'll summarize it lol.

Fast: You are most of the way there, as I rode for 2 seasons before getting my license lol. I have a TL1000S and Bandit 1200S. One of my buddies has a 883 iron or whatever the blacked out model is. It is sharp and he thinks its faster the my TL, but the last race I missed 2nd gear, then found it and rode past him with my front wheel in the air LOL. We will settle it with time slips when the strip opens this spring. I told you I could talk bikes til my face was blue!

1LoudLS: money is still an object at this point. A house and getting the old lady a new car when hers craps out are at the forefront for the time being, but in a year or 2 when I will likely sell the LS I will certainly look!

Machanicboy: Does the S-Type R come with a 5 speed manual? From the reviews I've read its only 6 speed auto and RWD (you confirmed RWD only for the R).

well it still has to compare competitively with any of the aforementioned cars as they themselves are in the "spendy" category.

Machanicboy: Does the S-Type R come with a 5 speed manual? From the reviews I've read its only 6 speed auto and RWD (you confirmed RWD only for the R).

No, sorry it is only the 3.0 that comes with a 5 Speed manual trans. All the Rs are indeed 6 speed automatics. If you get one know that you best upgrade for go fast will probably be putting a LSD in the rear as they readily spin one tire with traction control off.

I'd stay away from the X-type. It's just a rebadged Mondeo. It's gets pretty bad reviews.

The S-type R should be quite good, however I don't really care for the looks of it.

I was going to say the same thing. I haven't much good about the X-Type.

if your going to have to deal with the looks of a jag, i would just go with a car with a real motor, CTS-V, god awful to look at but even the all motor 1st gens are dame fast with a bullet proof motor that has been know to handle boost pretty well, and if you really have deep pockets, ive even seen a couple of 2nd gens starting to drop to a decent level, and there aint sh!t wrong with a 550hp+ blown V8!

and every body know that chevys are much easier to work on that any British car.

best horse power for dollar, 1st gen CTS-V and a phone call to STS

You do realize that a cts-v is nowhere near the prince range of an str right??

well it still has to compare competitively with any of the aforementioned cars as they themselves are in the "spendy" category.

They are certainly in the spendy category, but I don't think I can get a 40kmi cts-v for under 20 grand tho? I haven't looked but I am assuming.

I'll be honest though, I would never buy a cts. They have been ruined for me and its a long story, but I wont buy one. Has nothing to do with it being a chevy, just has to do with a person who I wouldn't shed a tear for if they fell into a wood chipper......so anyway onto happier talks lol

No, sorry it is only the 3.0 that comes with a 5 Speed manual trans. All the Rs are indeed 6 speed automatics. If you get one know that you best upgrade for go fast will probably be putting a LSD in the rear as they readily spin one tire with traction control off.

Ah I thought that was the case. There is a 5 spreed one for sale by me too, but its an x-type lol. Do they still do the one wheel peel with sticky tires? A LSD does sound like fun though.

I'm with you lol. But as I said above, the cts is not for me, as impressive as the V is

Eh the wrong wheel drive kills those for me. Thanks for the suggestion though

That is exactly what I'm talking about baby! Sex on wheels right there lol. What a hot looking ride. Pulley, tune, and a louder exhaust and I'm set :)

The side and rear of the S-type aren't bad at all, but I agree they could have done much better on the front. It's ok, nobody will ever see the front on the R!!

I had the same opinion about the nose of the STRs, until i saw a few in person, up close. They look a lot better in real life than they do in pictures(especially the nose on the car). I was actually pretty shocked to see how much of a difference there was. I guess they are not very photogenic.

They look like Bentlys from 40 feet away

EP325_02.jpg

KGrHqFjUE1I0mELzBNdoZlBQTg_12.jpg

PR4323_14-1.jpg

CCDrwnBGkKGrHqVlUEz18ZEvFBNJ5y8VUk_12.gif

Your probably right 05LS8, some cars just don't photograph well. I think they look so much better in that black color too. Definitely does resemble the Bentley, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I found some sweet deals on ebay, but it seems like every S-type R for sale right now is in Texas lol. That's ok, i have time to wait. If I do decide to get an STR I will wait for the right one to come up. Mint, low miles, and BLACK. I'm working on buying a house finally so I can have a garage to put my toys in!

The 06 i test drove last year was Burgundy/red and the car looked HOT.....and, i don't like red cars. The STRs look very extravagant.....well, they were going for $75,000 new back in the day.

The beatiful part of it all is, we can have it now for $25,000. I love the LS, but i would hop into a black STR and never look back in seconds.

05 LS8, I saw one that color when I was searching earlier today. It is sharp looking. I would settle for one in that red if I really couldn't find a black one.

BlackLS06, you can even get them for less than 15 grand but thats generally an 03 with near 100kmi. An 06 or 07 with lower miles in good condition seems to go for around that 25 grand mark that 05 LS8 said. He said he test drove an 06.

Yeah i am in texas and theres several over here.

But a black on black 06 with less than 100K is pure car sex.

why the hell not, when STR's where new they went for around $70k or more, the CTSv that i stopped to look at the other day had a sticker for $72 new.

a 1st gen i looked at a couple of months ago for a friend was under $15k

sounds like around the same price range to me, of course since the STR's have been out for a little longer your sure to be able to find one somewhere for a little less.

but when looking around you can find a bunch of both in the 25k-35k range.

we arent talking about new. I can pick up an str for half the price of the same year cts-v.

and where are you seeing a cts-v for that cheap? the cheapest i can find one is $30K.

NOOOO Not a BUELL!!!!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/2265184070.html
Heres a sweet ride for ya!!!

http://duluth.craigslist.org/ctd/2264276511.html
^^^Sure its a 2 door but you know you want it...

Why haven't you bought that xjr yet?! What's wrong with you man! If it were by me I think the LS would be waxed today and on craigslist tonight LOL?

I'll stick to my american made muscle.. lol

Bikes are where I stray from American only lol. They just don't have a competively priced and performing sportbike unfortunately. Buell was working on that new barracuda which I was digging then HD pulled the effing plug. Jak@sees.

Members online

No members online now.
Back