Supercharged Jaguars?

Matt Man

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So what's the verdict on some of the mid 2000's Jaguars? How do they compare for reliability to the Lincolns? Don't they share most electrical components and running gear with our cars?

Is it just the XJ that came with the supercharger? Or could you get the x-type with the blower too?

I like the idea of a black supercharged 4 door car and would rather buy one ready to go then futz with the LS lol

-Matt :drunk:

There is also the S-typeR.. Pretty much the sporter version then our cars with a supercharged engine.. Look to really blow some money on one though..

Well I found a mint condition 06 s-type by me with only 40k on it for a little over 13 grand, but its only got the v6 judging by the rims on it. I do not want an NA v6 in a 4 door car lol. The supercharged v6 maybe, but would prefer a blown 8 cylinder.

I like the look of the x-type over the s-type though. I think the S is ugly lol.

FAST, I think your thinking of someone else? Since my new job I can luckily afford what I need now lol

They arn't terrible they can be had with under 100k miles for 15k and under.

By the way, BMXBANG are you talking about the s type or the xj? Or the x-type? Or all lol. I'm only interested in supercharged ones. I like the idea of a sleek gentleman's express :)

Damn, I see the supercharged ones hold their value a bit more lol. I would happily pay 15 grand for one with lower miles, but for 90kmi I'm not quite feeling it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these things now though and for any deals in the area. Once I get my LS running again it might go up for sale, as the odometer is getting up there (135kmi).

FAST, the xjr definitely does look better. I would settle for a supercharged s-type for the right price and color (sex, i.e. black lol)

The XJR is the engine that I ripped my intake adapters off of.. The ~1998-2002 had a 4.0 supercharged engine.. The ~2003-whenever had the 4.2 Supercharged.. So I would probably go for the 4.2 because they had more of the bugs worked out

A 2006 STR is one hell of a a vehicle.

I too prefer the look of the LS over it though.

The XJR is the engine that I ripped my intake adapters off of.. The ~1998-2002 had a 4.0 supercharged engine.. The ~2003-whenever had the 4.2 Supercharged.. So I would probably go for the 4.2 because they had more of the bugs worked out

Less bugs, more power! It's a win-win.

A 2006 STR is one hell of a a vehicle.

I too prefer the look of the LS over it though.

I also prefer the look of an 03-06 LS over the similar year Jaguars, but unfortunately they don't come stock supercharged lol. I already have a toy weekend project taking up my time and knuckle skin. I'm working on swapping an 88 TurboCoupe motor and full running gear into a 89 Mustang coupe.

Someday when I get a 06, I will take the supercharger off of a XJR so then I'll have TWO supercharged LS'.. :D

Whats the progress on your supercharger install? Are you gathering parts for the install still? I haven't searched for your thread, I'm half typing my report now lol

I don't really have a thread.. lol

I waiting on the machine shop to HURRY THE FU<K UP!! :lol: After that, I have most of my parts gathered or ordered.. :)

You responded when I was typing, but I think those S-type R's are hot! I have never really paid attention to Jag's before, so that explains why I skirted over them. I used autotrader and found a beige 06 by me with only 40kmi on the clock for just under 20 grand. The main issue is that it's beige lol. I'm not looking to buy one of these cars tomorrow, as I have the LS and my work truck, but perhaps in a year or two. The old lady and I are looking to buy a house first and she has been reluctant to me getting a 2011 Mustang GT afterwards because they aren't "child friendly" lol. Thats fine, i'll get my 400+ hp rear wheel drive 4 door then......:D

I don't really have a thread.. lol

I waiting on the machine shop to HURRY THE FU<K UP!! :lol: After that, I have most of my parts gathered or ordered.. :)

Oh I gotcha lol. Well I look forward to hearing about your progress! A supercharged LS really would be the t!ts. Hot looks and the power to back it up

Hopefully that comes soon than later lol. I know how it is to have to sit and wait with your thumb up your @ss lol. Is your car torn apart now then? Or are you waiting to collect all the goodies?

Now when i should be writing my report I'm looking up S-Type R's and reviews lol

I'd stay away from the X-type. It's just a rebadged Mondeo. It's gets pretty bad reviews.

The S-type R should be quite good, however I don't really care for the looks of it.

Yep.. Shes sitting there all sad with no intake on and no lights.. lol

Sacrilege! LOL. As mine sits in the driveway with no back seat! Do you at least have a time-frame on when you will get the rest of the parts? You must have a second car lol

I'd stay away from the X-type. It's just a rebadged Mondeo. It's gets pretty bad reviews.

The S-type R should be quite good, however I don't really care for the looks of it.

Thanks for the pointer on the X-type Joe. If it doesn't come with at least the V8 I'm not interested in it anyway. For the amount of time I drive my personal car, it's gas mileage really doesn't matter anymore lol. The S-type R doesn't look the best, but at least it can perform and it has 4 doors so it's an easier sell. Since it is a Jag, it carries some authority. And from quick searches I see pulleys and tunes are fairly easy to get to give it even more "authority" lol. Picture it in black paint with dark tint :)

Sacrilege! LOL. As mine sits in the driveway with no back seat! Do you at least have a time-frame on when you will get the rest of the parts? You must have a second car lol

Nope.. I ride my bike everywhere.. :bowrofl:

Yea, I have a truck.. Hopefully in a month.. Defiantly be done by June because I have a meet to go to.. :)

Bicycle or motorcycle? lol.

Trucks make all the difference in the winter. I thought my LS and the P71 Crown Vic I had before it were great with snow tires on them. Then I got a truck with sh!tty all seasons BUT has 4wd. Night and day! LOL

It has one major flaw, the transfer cases like to go out. However, rebuild kits are plentiful. Also, the AWD is slow to react. They are available with 5 Speed sticks though.

I agree that the LS looks better, wish you could get the LS with S-Type R drivetrain, which also has a 6 speed trans. Also available with a 5 speed, but even rarer in the states then a LS stick(there's one fore sale not far from me).

Thanks for the pointer on the X-type Joe. If it doesn't come with at least the V8 I'm not interested in it anyway. For the amount of time I drive my personal car, it's gas mileage really doesn't matter anymore lol. The S-type R doesn't look the best, but at least it can perform and it has 4 doors so it's an easier sell. Since it is a Jag, it carries some authority. And from quick searches I see pulleys and tunes are fairly easy to get to give it even more "authority" lol. Picture it in black paint with dark tint :)

I was never crazy about the S types either, but the STRs are sweet.

2008 Black on black.....something to drool over.
EP325.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back