Supercharged 97 Lincoln Mark VIII- Carlisle Ford Nationals Winner!

95BLKLSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey guys, I'm not on this forum much but I thought there might be some interest on here.

I hate to sell this car but I am looking to start a new project so a few of the toys have to go.

Also, she took first class in the Mark VIII category at the all ford Carlisle nationals last summer and took best motor award for a club vote.

Price: 15.5k

Located in Milford, MA

This car is one of a kind car and in very good condition. First of all it has a motor pushing about 500 hp at the crank and is capable of much more with a bigger blower. The car rides and handles very well, It absolutely is a torque monster. Everything is installed and finished with top notch quality; every part of the car has an OEM type appearance. The car literally drives like a new car. The paint is not perfect but it is in very good overall condition. I just clay bared the car and polished the car with the Meguiers step 1, step 2, and show car glaze. Then I waxed the car and it looks excellent! The paint feels like glass. You would NEVER believe this car is eleven years old! The carpets have been recently steam cleaned along with a full car detail. This is a completely rust and salt free car. The car makes an absolute amazing daily summer driver or a weekend warrior. I have NEVER had a problem with it, just get in and drive it. I have never drag raced it so don’t ask the ¼ time. IT NEEDS NOTHING! I just went to the Carlisle PA all Ford Nationals and took first place in the Mark VIII class along with “Best Motor”. I averaged 24.5 MPG on the 400 mile trip down. The AC blows cold even in the 100 heat at Carlisle! Normal driving (read- light foot) with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving I average 17-19 mpg. What more can you ask, reliable, FAST, and still not a gas hog!

The stereo has recently been upgraded with a 6.1 inch Pioneer touch screen DVD player. It looks like the car came with it! The headlights look absolutely brand new also. I have been slowly replacing many of the interior parts including the drivers door armrest and the center console lid. This car is not showing its age. I will also include a matching rear seat skin so you can have the drivers seat re-upholstered with matching oem leather.

The car has been tuned by Lidio at alternative automotive. It drives excellent and idles well. When the motor is completely cold it needs a few minutes of idling to warm up, I have also installed a 250W oil pan heater so you can minimize warm up time.

I have recently flushed the trans with synthetic Mercon V and replaced the filter. I have always changed the oil every 2k-3k miles with synthetic oil.

In the past few months I have literally spent MANY hours preparing the car for Carlisle. I have spent a few thousand dollars this spring alone on the new stereo headunit, subframe bracing, billetflow diff brace, trans flush, new brakes, flushed the blower oil, new interior parts and many other things. I HATE to see this car go but I need to fund another project!! Serious inquiries only, I don’t want tire kickers!

Engine Details: (at least 10k into the motor)
-4.6 DOHC
-Shortblock built by Alternative Automotive
- Forged WAP aluminum block bored .020
-10:1 Compression
-Diamond forged pistons
-Eagle forged rods
-C heads with some minor head work, no serious porting
-03 Cobra Blower set up (Eaton 112) 2.76 pulley (peaks at 12-14 psi)
-Billet flow 4 idler pulley system
-Powder Coated valve covers, timing chain cover, and intake tube
-Powered by Ford COP covers
-Pro-M 80mm Maf (filter just replaced)
-42 lb injectors
-03 Cobra manifolds
-03 Cobra intercooler set up
-Oil filter relocation kit
-Braided SS fuel lines

Misc:
-Optima red top battery
-Subframe bracing in the front of the car (HUGE IMPROVEMENT)
- Billet flow diff cover brace
-Like new head light housings with like new OEM HID bulbs (JUST installed)
- 3M 40 mil clear shield installed in headlights THEY LOOK LIKE BRAND NEW!!
- Many new OEM interior pieces
-Custom installed fuel pressure, boost, and transmission temp gauges
-Aftermarket rear neon transformer
-Oil pan pad heater
-Cover craft bra for those long highway trips (installed once for Carlisle)

Audio System:
-Custom installed free air Infinity kappa perfect subwoofer (maximizes trunk space)
-JL Audio 500/5 amplifier
-JL Audio components
-BRAND NEW Pioneer 6.1 inch touch screen DVD player
-Excellent sounding audio system at any volume level!

Exhaust:
-Custom Diamond Fabrication off road stainless exhaust. One of the best jobs I’ve seen!
-Absolutely NO drone
- 3 stainless Magnaflow mufflers
- Quiet but has a nice tone and rumble, screams under heavy throttle

Transmission & Driveline
-2001 Mach 1 transmission (one of the best OEM 4R70W trans to date)
-Replaced clutches
-Mach 1 Torque Converter
-3.73 gears and a ford traction lock
-40K GWV HUGE trans cooler (trans usually peaks at 125-150F)

Suspension:
-1 1/8 addco rear sway bar
-New rear air bags
-Entire front end suspension recently rebuilt including air struts
- Cobra Bilstien rear shocks
-Hub swap to 4.5 (Mustang hubs)

Wheels & Tires:
-03 Cobra 17” wheels
- Front: 255/45/17 Michelin tires 80% tread remaining
- Rear: 275/40/17 BFG KDWS 80% tread (less than 3k miles on them!)
- Hunter road force balanced 2 weeks ago
-Minor curb rash on one wheel but otherwise look new

Brakes:
-13” Cobra rotors (the car stops in a HURRY)
- 10th anniversary dual piston Cobra Calipers (replaced pads 2k miles ago)
-Cobra rear rotors
-Stock rear calipers with relocation plate for 11” rotors

For a photo album of pictures go here: http://picasaweb.google.com/rommayo/97Mark?feat=directlink

2faa_1_sbl.jpg

2ec1_1_sbl.jpg

2d9e_1_sbl.jpg

2c90_1_sbl.jpg

2b67_1_sbl.jpg

2a5a_1_sbl.jpg

are you serious.....i saw this car on ebay a while back...and literally the other night i was driving home and was thinking of this car.....saying man i should of bought it....here it is again.....hmmmmmm i'm getting tempted

Yea I haven't been going crazy trying to sell it. I figure spring is here, people are starting to buy again. e-bay is just getting to expensive to list a car on there for a month. I think the real buyers are going to be on the lincoln forums like these.

I'd have to check the dyno sheet. I believe it was about 410hp or so with a VERY conservative street tune. The tq was something like 430 at some low RPM, I can't remember but I'll look tonight. The blower is the limiting factor, it is pullied with a 2.76 pulley and the blower just runs out of steam in the upper RPM. Slap a whipple or KB on there and you have a totally different ball game. If anyone is familiar with Lidio at Alternative Automotive you know he NEVER shoots for peak number, but driveability and safety.

This is a link to his website:
http://www.alternativeauto.com/tuning/tuning_philosophy.html

cut and paste:
Over the years tuning has been viewed as a black-art by some and taken for granted by others. Alternative Auto has always been at the forefront of tuning Mustangs and in this section we'd like to fully explain our methods and philosophies.

My name is Lidio Iacobelli, owner and operator of Alternative Auto Performance. While we have several excellent mechanics at Alternative Auto, I handle all of the calibration and tuning. Those of you that know me well will understand how difficult it is for me to brag about our tuning, but I'm tired of seeing so much misinformation and so-called experts lead people down the wrong path and needlessly blow up engines. So here's my explanation of how and why we tune the way we do.

Alternative Auto has always been and will continue to be more than just a Wide Open Throttle (WOT) tuning facility. There is so much more to proper tuning than finding the highest HP and torque number at WOT, it should be just one consideration of many. I have always tried to be known as a “Calibration” expert rather than just a "tuner". Up until now, all of the tuning and calibration work I've done has been performed on the street, track and local area dynos for the basic stuff like idle, part throttle, light load, etc., and of course WOT.

Driving cars on the street (if they're streetable) has proven to be one of the ultimate ways to truly sort out the everyday driveability aspects of a modified EFI car. It has taken a lot of time and discipline to find all of the individual factors that affect driveability and be able to return an extensively modified Mustang to stock-like street manners. But it's a feat that we are extremely proud of and do repeatedly, oftentimes even for other performance shops.

In July of 2003 we invested in a DynoJet Chassis dynamometer. The vast majority of our tuning is now performed on this high-quality dyno. It offers excellent repeatability and the freedom to make WOT runs with cars that have too much power to be safely tested on the street.

A Word on Chips
We've been providing custom chips to our customers for over eight years now. What we refer to as "custom chips" can sometimes be much different than what others are accustomed to. Each car that comes to us for work and/or tuning is treated individually. Each car leaves here with a slightly different tweak even if it has an identical combination to another car we've tuned. In our opinion any "custom chip" based on a phone conversation is nothing more than just an educated guess. And for that reason we do not mail-order our chips and tuning.

In our area we've set the standards for how a Mustang with extensive performance work should and can run in typical driving conditions, not just WOT.

We are very particular about what Mass Air Meters we use, and learned a long time ago that the "bigger is better" philosophy is BS. I've been in the driveability and repair business with EFI Fords for over 15 years and consider myself far pickier than what other shops call a “Picky Customer”. The only time an EFI car that I've tuned leaves our shop with a compromised driveability concern is when it was out of my control due to a hardware problem such as an incorrect Mass-Air meter, or the software for that vehicle is not able to support the radical modifications that have exceeded the capabilities of the factory CPU. Some instances when the factory EEC system is simply inadequate can be large cubic-inch engines, huge cams, very large injectors etc. This is when stand alone systems like F.A.S.T. are invaluable. We have extensive experience with the F.A.S.T. system and use it on all of our most serious efforts.

Striving for Balance and Longevity
Alternative Auto has never been known as heroic full-throttle tuners looking for glory and fame by gaining a little bit of power each time a car is put on the dyno and tested at WOT with a simple tweak or a gimmick. Anyone can increase the timing and lean out the Air/Fuel ratio to find a power gain. Keeping a combination within safe margins, with stock-like driveability and impressive power is what makes Alternative Auto unique. Its no secret in our area and in other Mustang clicks that we are conservative and responsible tuners when it comes to power adder cars. I want to make it clear that we tune to ensure the vehicle will produce reliable power for a long time as opposed to maximum power for a few minutes.

We've proven for over seven years that with proper tuning and octane, today’s "weak" piston equipped Mustang short blocks can safely handle large amounts of boost and power! We now have hundreds of late model Mustangs that are supercharger and nitrous equipped with the stock "weak" pistons and short blocks in tact with anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 miles since the blower and tunes have been performed at our facility.

We have seen many other shops hand customers excuses and dodge the fact that their lack of proper and responsible tuning skills broke a late model Mustang's piston. The piston itself is almost never at fault. We have seen that most of the aggressive, irresponsible tuners that aren't breaking short blocks are either tuning cars that never get raced or abused outside of the few dyno pulls or it's just a show car. If a vehicle is tuned to the edge it will break, plain and simple.

When we tune at WOT we want to be able to pull hard in high gear and be able to stay there with confidence on the highway or the drag strip and know that it wont burn up a piston or head gasket. This type of responsible, conservative tune can cost as much as 30-60 horsepower at the rear wheels on a simple blower combo with 9-12 psi of boost on an average 5.0 or 4.6L! But it also guarantees that the engine will still be making that power long after it has left our shop instead of being back for a new engine after a few days.

We've spent enough time with power adder cars that we know that a simple 8-10psi of boost can not safely pick up 150 HP at the rear wheels. We've been known to actually decrease the RWHP on cars that we felt picked up to much HP from an aggressive tune. Many other tuners keep leaning out A/F ratios and raising timing until the power level is maximized, then simply take the car off the dyno and let it go down the road only to cause an engine failure in as little as a few days.

We prefer to leave lots of room for error in WOT tuning. Room for a big change in weather, octane, fuel pump degradation and wear-and-tear in other areas that could effect WOT reliability. There is no reason to accept idle and driveability problems in a modified vehicle, this isn't acceptable to us and it shouldn't be to you.

A vehicle that leaves Alternative Auto is making a substantial amount of power with a "safety-margin" and retains stock-like driveability. This is just one of the many factors that has helped us gain such a large, loyal following and staying power in an industry that sees dozens of shops open and close every year.

"Anyone can increase the timing and lean out the Air/Fuel ratio to find a power gain. Keeping a combination within safe margins, maintaining stock-like driveability and providing impressive power is what makes Alternative Auto unique."

I want to make it clear that we only perform tuning on select Ford EFI vehicles and any vehicle that is equipped with F.A.S.T. stand alone engine management. These are the systems we specialize in and have extensive experience with. All other two wheel drive vehicles are welcome to use our dyno for RWHP testing, but tuning provided by us is only available on select vehicles.

thats jeremi's old 97, you guys know him on here as M Maker, he also had the blown cordovan C.E he built after he built that 97. sweet cars!

I'd be interested to know how he got it all done. I was seriously considering this setup for mine, but a tuner/shop that I use was in the process and things weren't lining up right, so they ended up using a kenne bell blowzilla instead, and my checkbook isn't that deep:(

I'd be interested to know how he got it all done. I was seriously considering this setup for mine, but a tuner/shop that I use was in the process and things weren't lining up right, so they ended up using a kenne bell blowzilla instead, and my checkbook isn't that deep:(

What wasn't lining up? It is a very tight fit. The closest parts are the alternator (in the cobra position, about 4 o,clock) and the blower pulley. You have to make some plates out of steel or aluminum to space the subframe down about an inch or so as well.

Ive been meanin to say that you have my FAVORITEST AND FLAWLESSESTES SEXIESTES MARK!!!

someone beat me to it..

The deal is still pending. Until money is in my hand and the title is signed over it isn't sold yet! The buyer is supposed to be in town the week of Jan 10th to pick it up. If that does not happen its all yours bud!

I hope it doesn't sell, but i just deployed last month and won't be home until august so I was kind of hoping it would still be available then, but it looks like you have a buyer. So my hunt for a supercharged Mark VIII continues.

If you're serious about owning a mark like this, let me know. I am building another one this winter.

Eric you got a deposit this time right ? Tire kickers FTL.

He said it was mailed out last wed, still waiting for it. :mad: :shifty:

He said it was mailed out last wed, still waiting for it. :mad: :shifty:

I had a woman overnight a payment for a car once, it took 9 days to get to me and she was only 180 miles from me.

I remember seeing a supercharged Mark on Youtube, was it yours?

Unless you put up a link I can't say for sure, there are a few blown marks out there.

So the car is still for sale. The buyer never got a deposit to me, hell he hasn't even called me in weeks. Went from 100% going to buy, and great communication to none.....WTF :mad: :mad:

Members online

No members online now.
Back