Sun visor question

raido1980

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to modify the the wiring on a Gen 2 sun visor to work on my 94? I really just want to get the vanity light working, not really concerned with the homelink. I was doing some searching on the forum but haven't been able to find anything. Or if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great too.

I didn't think there was a difference in the sunvisors. When you plug in the wires to the visor, both the vanity light and Homelink will work.

I never would have thought there was a difference either but there is a difference with Gen 1 visors, so I would imagine there would be a difference between Gen 2 and Gen 1.

I can say this. There is a wiring difference between 1995 and 1994 or 1993 visors. Some have different plugs than others. I never would have known this but when I put the black interior into the 95, I found out that the visors were not just an easy swap over like I thought they would be. I just pushed the wire up in the hole because I could care less about vanity lights. I don't wear makeup. :p

Anyway, if one Mark has Homelink and you want to put Homelink visors into a car that did not have Homelink, the wiring is most likely different and this also goes for the passenger side visor too. I think it was 93 black visors that I put into the 95 and in 93, there was no Homelink but my 95 did have Homelink. Both visor plugs were different on mine. I remember that I even warned the eBay seller about this and he said he wasn't aware that there was a difference. There is! Jamie can verify this also.

Yeah the Gen 2 visor that I purchased is a two wire set up, where my 94 has a single wire plug.

Yeah the Gen 2 visor that I purchased is a two wire set up, where my 94 has a single wire plug.

That's correct. If you want new looking visors, you will need to go after 93 or 94's because they didn't have Homelink. Not saying Homelink is the main reason for the wiring difference but in 95, the wiring did change.

Hey guys, got it all figured out. There in, vanity lights are working, even the little homelink light illuminates. Granted it's missing all the stuff that makes it work. Anywho just had nothing else to do so I thought I would post this.

I very rarely had a chance to play with gen 1's. I did take a gen 2 sun visor with Homelink and swapped it into my gen 2 without Homelink and the plug was the same and the Homelink worked fine. Sorry to pass on wrong info.

Hey no sweat. Half the time it feels like they make all these stupid changes just to make people frustrated anyway.

Hey guys, got it all figured out. There in, vanity lights are working, even the little homelink light illuminates. Granted it's missing all the stuff that makes it work. Anywho just had nothing else to do so I thought I would post this.

So how did you get it to work? I'd like to install a homelink visor in my '93 and this information would be useful

Yeah no problem. I just took the green wire that was on the new visor and spliced it to the one wire that was on the car. Then the second wire that was on the visor is a ground, so I just spliced an eye loop end on it and then put the mounting screw through it so when I screwed the visor back on the screw became a grounding point. Oh yeah you'll need to extend the black wire a couple of inches to make sure you have enough slack to screw it in. I hope that helps. If I confused anyone let me know. I'm terrible with explaining this stuff.

Members online

Back