Suicide/Flip flop trunk lid?

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there, every attempted to make the trunk lid on the mark

a flip flop/ suicide lid?

I was taking a look @ it today put everything together. 2 3" hingesand 2 door lacthes. Had the hinges in the place everything appeard to be good. And when iwent to close the lid the front lignd up perfect the rear was maybe an inch inch and a half up to high.

Anyone how has attempted or successfully complete this task . any feedback , tips , pics would be awsome. Im gonna be back @ this project when i get anotehr weekend off. I'll have a couple pics of how it lookd while the lid was open in a day of 2. no pics while it was closed. I was discourage. Thanks everyone

2.jpg

I kinda tried to do the same thing with my car I am parting out.. what do ya think? LOL

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

HAHA looks like it didnt work all that well.
ARe you parting out everything? I maybe be in the market for a couple things. Are those trunk arms broken? below where teh stock bolt mount it to the trunk lid.?

Nope they are not broken, they were cut, I had some fun with my sawz-all. lol. and yea most parts are for sale, not sure whats good or bad, what do ya need? I still have lots of aftermarket performance parts. I have a 3000 stall, elec water pump, 410 gears, coil overs. what do ya need

the water pump is the mezerie(sp?) it has less than a years use and probally 10-12 k miles on it and the stall is pro torque which is awsome. I think 1 of the best mods I did to my car.

Easy as hell to install... next to the alternator its the easiest thing to do. it may need a lil bit of force to get it out the older it gets... but its very easy, 4 colts. asking $250

It would be cool to see this actually work though... a flip flop trunk would look good if you could get it to work

Im gonna buy a 2nd trunk lid. and make some cuts here and there to allow enough room for the trunk arms so it closes flush. Im trying till i get something thatworks.

I have checkd out the ones on ebay. When i did it with just hinges, the rear of the trunk wouldnt close. because the arms hitthe trunk lid.. cuase u have to move them out from their original location to make them able to flip-flop

Members online

Back