stupid questions

damnwhitedevil

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey everybody....did a search and couldnt find anything. and ashamed to ask this question......but anyways my 3rd brake light and license plate lamp bulbs are shot. wondering if someone can help me out ASAP please!!! im in the army and turns out if they dont work...then u cant drive ya car. lovin my lincoln so far...gotta 2000 v6. only thing is tranny went out last month and 2300 to get it rebuilt, whats the average on the engine. figured no use gettin rid of it since it gotta new tranny. i put some pics up soon as i get my camera back. got the chrome pillars, grille, full system....got all complete infinity compent set wit a 300 watt Alpine amp, kenwood deck, 1 12" kicker L7 wit a 1000 watt JL amp, and a cap. tryin to get another 12 but gotta get a custom box made. still got the stock chrome wheels whatever small size they are. lookin for some 20"s. well any further ideas plus the answer to the first question would be very helpful thanks, jus got back from iraq and tryin to have it lookin nice. thanks everybody

have no idea where the fuses are. sorry dont know anything bout lincolns and no manual. but pretty sure it the bulbs unless they run off the same fuse. so guess how do u get to the fuses and the bulbs

Well first off, Thank you for volunteering your services to our country and helping to keep it a safe place in the future. Most of us (including myself) appreciate all that you do, and are grateful for it.

Now, the 3rd brake light bulb, is accessed by sliding a hook tool under the edge of the cover and pulling straight back. If you dont have a hook tool you can use your fingers if you can fit them under the edge, or find something skinny with a bend in the end of it.
Getting that stupid cover back on is no easier than taking it off, but it will go back correctly with patience.

Not sure on the engine longevity, but as long as it's been taken care of it should last long past 100k.

Your location wouldn't happen to be Waynesboro, VA would it? :D

have no idea where the fuses are. sorry dont know anything bout lincolns and no manual. but pretty sure it the bulbs unless they run off the same fuse. so guess how do u get to the fuses and the bulbs

I dont know either but if you go to tech pages there are several owners manuals for the LS. All info you need for bulb changing and fuse locations will be there.

Not real sure on the bulbs for the lisence plate. I think you have to remove the liner on the trunk lid to get to them. I've seen lenses that screw onto the oustide on other cars, but haven't paid any attention to the ones on the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back