Story of a LS

Travis2000LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I thought Id take the time to tell people the story of my 2000 Lincoln LS Sport.

Friend found her in a Crooked used car dealership (Alan's Auto Sales ; Panama City FL ) She had 128k Miles on her.

You know when they say, stay away from girls who have signs of STDS?
Yeah Well its the same for cars but instead of STDS is called Problems :)

Well Obviously I didnt get the memo and bought her with a Loud racket coming from both under the hood and from the transmission bell housing..

Paid 2900 Cash, Tax Tag and Title.

First day I had her, I cracked the wind shield attempting to glue back on the rear view mirror. I should of known where the car was going to get me..

Finally I realized that the car had a misfire..

Had it taken to my Uncles shop where they repaired the LOUD racket coming from the bell housing.. Apparently it was the Torque Converter.

That started my Uphill climb of money into the car of a total now of 700$ alone for the repair and part.

Now focusing on the noise the engine was making. I joined LVC and did some research tempting me to check my Timing chain tensioner..

Well obviously it was very well how you say.. Fockkedd.

Spend 80$ on ebay to have my new tensioner arrive. TO find out .. it was for the wrong side..

Got upset spend 150$ for next day shipping from ford to replace the tensioner..

Ended up being a 220$ Problem there.

Ive cleaned her up alot from what she was. Apparently she came from Daytona Florida. Due to me calling the last known oil change service sticker on my wind shield.

Soon I will buy a car fax report of her to find out where all she has been in life.. Obviously the black man who owned it before me ragged her out and didnt take care of her.

SO here I am Catching up on all the work that was missed in the passed years..

All in all

Payed 2900$ for the car

Roughly 1000$ in parts..

and Roughly another 500$ in upcoming parts I plan on replacing.

In the end, she is payed off. 100% mine, and Running right now.

Pics:

On the Lot:

191762_196456147052286_100000637056408_569760_5804668_o1.jpg

About a Month past:

0326011736.jpg

The New Exhaust :

0705011135.jpg

Some Random ones, July 4th 2011:

0704011941a.jpg

0704011940a.jpg

0704011940.jpg

So tell me what yall think.

Still have a little more I want to do, but its a work in progress.

I try and keep her that way. First week I had her, I spent about 4 hours buffing, and waxing, cleaning the carpets, and not to mention cleaning all the Black and mild wrappers and bud light caps out of the cracks of the seats and crevasses..

I guess one good thing about a black man owning it before I got it. he already had wires ran to the trunk for an Amp xD

Pisses me off though he wired tweeters to the door speakers and screwed a mount on the little Triangle plastic Piece of the door close to the wind shield.. I still have 2 holes now from screws.. :mad:

Oh well.

Also! The full size spare is a plus! Was really impressed by that. No donut spare and its a clean rim too :D

Looks great. Nice work.

Not bad. You're only ~$5K into what was ~$45K car when it was new.

your story is almost identical to mine, except add a previous collision, and time as a limo.

Luckily mine (knock on wood) has a pretty clean running engine, but with 167,000 I spent a good penny on suspension.

Very true LS4me..

And yea. I read one of your post burning.empire, about how your lincoln was a limo.
Idk if I could buy a Service car, Unless it was kept up on service and I got it for cheap.

ITs a love hate relationship with me and my LS. But things will get better once I get some of the things caught back up on her.

Friday, Ordering her some new Vocal Cords !
Hopefully will have my new Subwoofers installed by the end of next week :)

We will have to see though depends on shipping :(

I saw it as a plus (it being a limo) because 105K of those miles was within the first 3 years or so. I'd rather it be owned by a limo company that takes care of their cars regularly and it have super amount highway miles in a short period of time, then just some Joe Schmoe rack up 167K over 10 years. plus all the damage that was done to the car was a wreck and neglect by the jackass who owned it for 2 years before me.

I paid $4K for it, and some would say that is too much. But I haven't seen a LS within 75 miles from where I live go for under $5-6K. hell, a crashed up LS, can go for $3k around here.

she's pretty man, good work keeping her up.

I have spent well over 50k on my LS believe it or not. most in finance fee's when I was younger, some in parts too. however nothing compares to the blood, sweat and tears I've spent working on this car.

saw a documentary recently on netflix called "love the beast" reminds me of my love affair with this hunk of metal.

112_LS; Lmao.. Love affair with hunk of metal :pP

And yeah, I guess when you put it that way burning.empire your right.

I was kinda hoping he was going to sing his story to the tune of Fresh Prince.

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right here
I'll tell you how I became an owner and a great lvcer

In south florida born and raised
On the asphalt where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all spinnin some tires outside of the school
When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started sellin cars in my neighbourhood
I got a car and i ain't scared
And i said "your gettin fixed at in home my back yard."

I whistled for a tech and when he came near the
tool boxes said "fresh" and had a beer in the drawer
If anything I could say that this guy was rare
But I thought nah, forget it, yo fix it right here!

I pulled up to a g'rage about seven or eight
And I yelled to the techy "Yo, homes smell you later!"
Looked at my car it was finally done
it's faster than a bullet outa of gun.

Oh my god.. This made my night. Perfect!
It was funny because the tech was my Next door neighbor, a mechanic. Me and him did the work on it! lol!

Okay....I will tip my hand. What difference does the color of the previous owner have to do with anything? As a member of LVC, who happens to be Black, I am highly interested in your response. Don't be mad because you did not do your due diligence before making what sounds to be a poor investment. That is on you and I would never attach your race to not being good at buying cars. A bad previous owner is just a bad as a bad purchaser.

Just saying......

Almost forgot. Good choice of color for the car(from one white LS owner to another). ;)

saw a documentary recently on netflix called "love the beast" reminds me of my love affair with this hunk of metal.

i liked that. i'm a fan of eric bana.

thats just funny. lol.

Okay....I will tip my hand. What difference does the color of the previous owner have to do with anything? As a member of LVC, who happens to be Black, I am highly interested in your response. Don't be mad because you did not do your due diligence before making what sounds to be a poor investment. That is on you and I would never attach your race to not being good at buying cars. A bad previous owner is just a bad as a bad purchaser.

Just saying......

Yeh, it was a lil uncalled for..

It's funny that you mentioned that, because I was thinking the same thing. It was mentioned more than once that the previous owner was a black man. I am as white as they come but I don't care if the guy was white, black, cuban, or asian. If he took care of the car or didn't it had nothing to do with race.

Eh Yeah I guess it was a little uncalled for aswell. Didnt mean to play the race card. Lets just say the PERSON who owned it before me neglected it and never took care of it.

I don't mean to sound off but...

everyone be honest though, if he had said white guy how many people would have noticed.

I would have and here is why. Overwhelmingly, we do not have statements attached to race in this site. Our membership is incredibly good at keeping statements relevant to our appreciation of our Lincolns.The fact that a race affiliated post was made twice in the same thread, by the same person, sticks out on it's own. I simply spoke first. Others clearly noticed it as well. Even if others share my interpretation of his view, do we "have" to make this forum the place for it? Let's just keep it to the color of cars, headlights, and interiors. ;)

I don't mean to sound off but...

everyone be honest though, if he had said white guy how many people would have noticed.

You do sound off. "The white man who owned it before me" would never be said. Nobody would feel a need to, no matter if the car was in terrible or perfect condition.

Eh Yeah I guess it was a little uncalled for aswell. Didnt mean to play the race card. Lets just say the PERSON who owned it before me neglected it and never took care of it.

Trav.....u and I are cool. I do not hold grudges. That is why I complimented the color of your car. The subject is dead. Time to move on and back to cars. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back