Still not locking up

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just put in a new TQ CON and a new tcc, and it still doesnt lock up, however it does for 2 seconds now then unlocks after that, what gives

well it started locking up this mourning almost the whloe way to work, but woundnt unlock when you hit the brakes it would bring the rpm down super low and the light then unlock, I put the chip in to see if it helps I do believe it locks up more, but not on the highway it doesnt, any idea or im i at the wrong fourm

Man, I am clueless. :confused:

I'm not sure what it would be but maybe something in the valve body? There's a couple very knowledgeable peeps on TCCOA that may have insight as to what is going on. Sorry to hear of your frustrating problem.

Your a/f ratio, throttle position, and many other little parameters have direct input on the lock up schedule. Of course I wouldn't rule out faulty TC, regardless of what Edge fans think.

You need a good lock up schedule programmed. Talk to Lonnie about your problems, don't bad mouth him just yet.

I put the chip in and it helped out alot, Im going see about that MAf thing, thanks for the help,

From what I've seen, a failing TPS will mess up the shift scheduling. I suppose it could also have an effect on the TC lockup schedule.

I was going to try that next, I clean the MAF to no help thou

with a 3500 stall lets say it very easy to tell, one way is to cruise a 50 then gently tap the brake enough for the lights to come on with your lft foot you should notice a surge in rpm then 3-5 seconds later it should drop.

Ok stupid question, I got a new TPS and when I found out where it was I puked, then I found out phillips hold it in then I just plan shlt my pants how do I make this easy

ok now how do i get the tps of, Im going to strip the bolts, also how do you get the TB cable of I got one but the other one is a bitch

why did ford use phillips, damn them to hell, I can not get this out with out fcking up the bolt

MarkOfDeath said:
ok now how do i get the tps of, Im going to strip the bolts, also how do you get the TB cable of I got one but the other one is a bitch

You need to remove both cables and place the TB in a padded vise.

One cable pulls off straight up and the other pulls off sideways.

The manual says to tighten the screw first till a 'pop' is heard, then back the screws out. They are originally installed with thread lock compound. I used a mondo screwdriver with a LOT of muscle. PITA.

Hahaha, Fck ford, Brad=1 Ford=0

Ya when all else fails, all true american muscle and brute force and bit of reckless actions will get the job done oh and power tools

Ok update, It drives the same I cant tell if the converter is locking up there really isnt a jump in rpm thou, but temp stays pretty low, i will do a high way run a watch the temps

Have you called Edge Racing and asked them about it? Seems to me it's a problem with their torque converter.

I will monday, It work perfect when I first got it a year then took a :q:q:q:q, also it just got rebuilt so I dont even no, it could be the trans, it was behind a supercharged mustang before I got it and the guy was a homo also it has a B&M shift kit which is murder to any trans

Members online

No members online now.
Back