Still here - sort of

Tru-Blu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey All, just wanted to drop in and say "Hi." I hope everyone is doing well, and that their LS' are running good. I still have mine, and still love driving it - even though it's starting to need a little more attention than what I have been able to give to it. In the last couple years, I've had to replace the power steering pump twice (had to pay dealer as I had no time to do that one myself) and a front wheel bearing (did manage to do that one myself). Last week, the heater control valve decided to start leaking, so that and the 3 lines got replaced.

Here's the list of what needs to be done to get the car up to snuff:
  1. Fix broken Traction Control button mount
  2. Repaint front and back bumpers due to road chips on front and chip from garage door mishap on back
  3. Apply new coating of G2 caliper paint to fix chips from previous application
  4. Correct and polish headlight assemblies to remove slight haze and deteriorating coating at the top
  5. Replace power steering hose from reservoir to pump due to slight leak at fitting
  6. Order and install LED lights for interior/exterior bulbs
  7. Order and install Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
  8. Order new wheels/tires to replace stock wheels for winter season
  9. Perform paint correction to remove slight scratches and microswirls (should have done this last year)
  10. Clean cold air intake filter and detail engine (needs it badly)
  11. Replace filters in seats
  12. Fix issue with driver seat heater intermittently shutting off

The challenge will be trying to find time between full-time work, full-time school, family schedule, and a new baby in the stable - a 2013 Harley-Davidson CVO Road King that is getting some upgrades/mods. One way or another, I'll get the list done - probably will burn some vacation time to make it happen.

I'll try to do a better job of staying current and active on the forum. I'll make it a point to try and check/post once a week (actually once a month would be a huge improvement over what I've done the last few years). Anyways, I hope all of you that still remember me are doing great with your cars and your lives - I hope to talk to you soon.

Stay "tuned,"

Tru the Prodigal

Hey! glad your doing well and keeping her running!!! GL with repairs!!!

Ha, If I bought another bike... you woudn't see me much either!!!!

Keep us informed and let us know if we can help!!!

I think I saw you in Bedford before. Nice ls, I might be around in the summer sometime if you need help.

Appreciate the offer. The only help I need right now is more time. If you can find a way to do that then we have much more important things to talk about.

Nice to see you still have your ls. Welcome back

USER: Tru-Blu ?? or Any Member...reading this

When you replaced the wheel bearings, you mentioned you did "a" front wheel bearing. Did you mean "the" front wheel bearings (meaning both) or just one specific ??
I'm not 100% sure, but this is (for me) the first someone mentioning the wheel bearings. Curious to know what circumstances played into replacing them vs. re-packing
them w/ grease (I'm unsure whether they're packable or if they're sealed) ?? Could you clarify which you replaced only and why (inner, outer, price, etc...).
I'm much too lazy right now to verify bearing specifics via google.

Unless someone mentions bearings I don't think about it, but when ever someone does mentions bearings... I freak out...had a bearing incident in my '65 SS on freeway...

Members online

No members online now.
Back