Stereo Question

Wicked_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i have a 2001 ls8 sport which like most of you know has the audiophile stereo minus the rear amps and subs. fricken lincoln got rid of that system in 01 and brought it back in 02 but anyways i was wodering has anyone hooked up a sub and amp to the stock system. and if so how i really appreciate it thanks

SrA Dennis Davis
Macdill AFB Fire Protection
USAF

when i first hooked mine up, before adding the touchscreen, i had to run a rca converter from the rear speaker wires, pain in the but, you have to splice your speaker wires, converter only cost about 20 bucks or so.

do you have any pics of it buddy so i can see how you did it i would appreciate it thanks

I hooked a set of tweeters, 2- 6X9 and 2 - 8 inch subs along with the factory door speakers.Now I am running 10 speakers 2 amps to the factory deck.
Sounds awsome.
I spliced into the front door speakers. The wires are in the kick panel on drivers and passengers side, real easy.
I than ran speaker wire to the trunk.
Hooked up a speaker input to RCA output convertor, then hooked that into a dual amp splitter to run one amp to subs and other amp to 6X9 and tweeters. The door speakers are just fed off the deck.
Didn` take long to hook up and bass is mint.

hey man, when I bought the car it came ready to have a system installed. Next weekend at the meet I can show it to ya...nothing is hooked up to it, but everything is ran for it. Let me know.

i appreciate it u guys ill check it out at the meet patrick thanks buddy

Members online

No members online now.
Back