status guage

Motts

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
is it possible to install one in a car that didnt come with.. i'm refering to lil digital display that tells how many miles left per tank, and the lil display that goes by the vent

sure - but difficult - PCM, wiring, buttons, new gauge cluster, ...etc - it would be alot of work and $$$

Quik LS said:
sure - but difficult - PCM, wiring, buttons, new gauge cluster, ...etc - it would be alot of work and $$$

that sucks... i would like to install one in my LS, how much you thinkin Quik

I'm not sure this is something you want to tackle. Before you do anything, get the wiring diagrams for both models and compare. I think you may find there is a bunch involved...but maybe not!!

This is like installing a factory Navigation system in a car that didn't come with it. It's not impossible, but it is a VERY expensive proposition that requires a near re-wire of much of the car. I almost did it on my wife's Aviator, but it would require a complete stereo speaker rewire too due to the way the speakers are powered. (amps, etc) Plus, you would need to install the Nav rear view mirror (microphone) and all the related wiring harnesses. Not even close to being worth the costs unless you could find EVERYTHING from a wrecked vehicle. The LS is a little easier...but not a lot.

much more.

I think the biggest challenge is the PCM. No V6 had the 'display center' - so how do you get a PCM of the V6 with that capibility?

Quik LS said:
much more.

I think the biggest challenge is the PCM. No V6 had the 'display center' - so how do you get a PCM of the V6 with that capibility?

Thanks Lou, I thought the sport model had it, seeing that i just have the base.. I'm gona install the sst this comin weekend... shoudl be in on Friday.

I paid 234 bucks i believe was the price.. according to lou/ken they both said the swap is pretty straight forward.. I'll keep ya posted

wow is it really that easy I would have thought you would have to modify the transmission and all that...it make me want to get it

the trannie is already electronically shifted - all the SST does is all a +/- (upshift/downshift) to the Shifter. The Sport model came with it standard - same transmission as the others.

well now i know what my first mod is :biggrin: time to save up... where could i get step by step instructions from

thanks

that sucks... there goes my status gauge :Bang its always kinda nice knowing how many miles you got left on your tank of gas

Members online

No members online now.
Back