start up question

Lincolnguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey was just curious, and have to ask some questions, 1. (IS IT NORMAL) when your LS is cold (like after sitting all night) and u go to start it, it rev up to about 2,300rpm and stays there for about 10-15sec, before going to an idle. Question 2 what kinda mpg you guys getting is 17 in town good. I really don't go on the freeway no need

Yes, many cars do this. It is an emissions strategy.

Just making sure because i am one of those people who if there car does something different like small noise, different smell etc just thinks the worse. Because I got 2 running cars at this time and one starts up revs like to 1,200 rpm then the Lincoln revs up almost the 2,500 rpm. just different I guess

Just making sure because i am one of those people who if there car does something different like small noise, different smell etc just thinks the worse. Because I got 2 running cars at this time and one starts up revs like to 1,200 rpm then the Lincoln revs up almost the 2,500 rpm. just different I guess

It's a strategy to quickly warm up the cats to achieve an ULEV emissions rating. Your other car may not be ULEV rated, or it may use a different strategy, such as an add on air pump to heat up the cats.

Members online

No members online now.
Back