Squeaking, Creaking rear door hinges

lseguy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I used white lithium grease spray and spayed the HECK out of every visible aspect I could of top and bottom rear hinges. Still I get a very noticeable creak when opening/closing either of the rear doors. Anyone had this issue and if so..suggestions?

yeah i had that problem since i washed my car in a self service and sprayed water there.
i used a lot of soapy water and a brush to take out all of the grease or dirt, i had carbuclean so i used it as a high pressure spray to make it to the deep where the brush coulndht get lol then i cleaned it again with clean water and used a lot of wd-40 it might be the best lubricant

yeah i had that problem since i washed my car in a self service and sprayed water there.
i used a lot of soapy water and a brush to take out all of the grease or dirt, i had carbuclean so i used it as a high pressure spray to make it to the deep where the brush coulndht get lol then i cleaned it again with clean water and used a lot of wd-40 it might be the best lubricant

Your doors will be louder than ever from using WD40, once it completes drying out your hinge. It is not a lubricant.

well its been more than a year and i still dont have any creack, sound or roughness. and you are wrong, it is a light lubricant and its useful as a residue cleaner, maybe in my case the sound was created by accumulated dirt. that was my suggestion and it worked so let him decide that

well its been more than a year and i still dont have any creack, sound or roughness. and you are wrong, it is a light lubricant and its useful as a residue cleaner, maybe in my case the sound was created by accumulated dirt. that was my suggestion and it worked so let him decide that
WD-40 is Water Displacement Formula # 40... while they claim it has over 1000 uses (including a treatment for arthritis), it's not necessarily a lubricant.

Mr. Howie told me how to fix this when we were at the St. Louis meet. IIRC, and I had a few vodka redbulls so bear with me, I think he said if they are squeeking it is too late and the assembly inside the door needs to be replaced. The arm that is attached to the door sill that goes into the door itself connects to a device that holds your door in place when you open it. He may have said that you can just take it out and grease it well, I dont clearly remember. I do remember that Mr. Howie knows his way around the LS like few other people do.

Members online

Back