Sputters and dies (please help)

cpgoodman

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i had the P0171 and P0174 CEL codes come up. I did the search and found out about the elbow off the PCV valve. I went ahead and swapped it out and changed the plugs and gaskets while i was in there. I got it all back together and it starts and runs fine until it gets hot. Once its hot it idles fine but as soon as i give it some gas it sputters and wants to die or will die. I have no clue where to go from here. I took it back apart and made sure everything was put back right and it still is doing the same thing. Its a 01 v6 with 85000 on it. It sounds to me like a misfire but im not sure. These symptoms weren't there before and its running a lot worse then before. the only thing it did before was hiss and had a loss of power. It never died like it is now. Has anybody experienced this? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance to everyone.

also check the IAC valve (on the side of the throttle body) - it is what adjusts to let the 'right' amount of air past a closed throttle body (idling)to keep the car from stalling.

Members online

No members online now.
Back