Spring Tech springs installed (pics)

Dead President

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed the Spring Tech springs about a month ago and figured it was enough time to give some feedback on them. First of all, I just want to say the people at Suspension Max are very helpful and stay in touch with you to make sure your part arrives on time. I highly recommend them and can't argue with the prices, either.

I've done a few spring installs in the past so I thought I could get this done in no time. I tried searching for an article on the LS springs but found nothing. The only threads I could find basically said it's very straight forward. So, I thought I would give it a shot.

This is a basic run down of what I did for the fronts. Loosened the sway bar mounts to remove the lower strut bolt. Opened the hood to get to the 4 nuts holding the strut in the tower. Removed the entire strut along with the tru-coil over setup. Compressed the spring and removed the nut holding the spring in place. Switched out the springs and assembled everything back together.

For the rears, I removed the lower shock bolt and the 4 nuts holding the shock in place inside the trunk. Removed the shock along with the spring in place. Same as the fronts, compressed the spring and replaced with the new ones.

Since I wasn't familiar with the suspension yet, it took me about 8 hours taking my time and doing everything carefully. I ran into a few problems but nothing big. If I had to do it again, I'm sure I could cut that time in half. Also, this install is literally impossible without a compressor. I used to install springs on mustangs without one but it is needed for the LS. I just rented one at AutoZone for ~$40.

Anyway, when I first lowered it I noticed an immediate drop. Figured I'd drive it for a few miles to "break them in" Drove around the block a few times and everything checked out ok. And after a few months of driving I can say that I'm glad I went with the Spring Techs. I can't compare to the Eibachs but I'm sure they are just as good. I was mainly looking for a decent drop and thats what I got out of them. I didn't really notice a difference in handling mainly because I'm used to straight line performance. Although I have taken some turns at high speeds lol. now for the pics

springs01.jpg

springs02.jpg

beforeafter01.jpg

beforeafter02.jpg

:L

Awesome! I just had Eibachs put on mine. I love the lowered look.

How does your ride now?

I also have the Eibach Pro springs and love the look I think the FLM dealership wants it back they like it so well.

haha -Scott-

Looks great man. I have Eibach's on mine and I have to say that they are my favorite mod and I think every LS should be lowered. Of course, thats just my opinion. I guess lowering the LS isn't practical for everyone, but for me it's perfect.

It rides almost the same as stock I can barely tell a difference. It's not bouncy at all and takes corners very well. I'm not too much of a corner carver since I did it mainly just for looks. Plus, the stance gives it an entire new look.

I agree, every LS should be lowered.

Chad

I agree.
stock LS just has too much gap tires and fender.
Eibach only lowers it by 1.1-inch but that 1 inch makes it look so much better.
only thing is I scratch quite a bit. even the bottom of the doors scratch the sidewalk. but it's well worth it for the stance and more aggressive look.

Looks nice! I am used to cars looking like 4wd being a Mustang owner too. :) I don't think the stock LS looks that bad, but I had to lower my Mustang...geez those things sit high stock.

Members online

No members online now.
Back