Spray on Wax (Quik Detailer)

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if ya'll have a preference for the spray on "in-between" waxes. I wax my tri-pearl with Meguiars Gold Class every 2 months but I was wondering if one of the spray ons would shine it up when I wash it on the weekends. :dancefool

P.S. What is the deal with this "dancing man in black"

i use ardex spray on wax. pink stuff that leaves the car looking wet. never streaks.

2k2ls said:
i use ardex spray on wax. pink stuff that leaves the car looking wet. never streaks.

Well just from the name alone I assume my local Advance probably won't have it. Can I order it off a website maybe?

2k2ls said:

Is there a wax out there that would let you just basically hose the car down in between major washes and wax applications?

Any wax that is easy on easy off will not last. Parafin waxes break down in extreme heat. I do use Zymol a couple of times a year, then every other car wash I use Meguires Instant Auto Detailer. It's a petroleum base, it holds up real well and is easy to use.

the ardex is what the dealers use. After using it i use the california duster in between washes you be surprised how nice the car stays

2k2ls said:
the ardex is what the dealers use. After using it i use the california duster in between washes you be surprised how nice the car stays

That Ardex sounds pretty good. I'd like to try it. Where can you buy it... I've never heard of it. It's a wax?? or instant detailer.

Well i use quick detailing sprays alot and i think they work good. Of course they don't replace waxing your car by any means. I have been using the wolfgang spray wax for the past few weeks and works awesome, prior to that i had been using meguiars and so far the wolfgang does outperform meguiars. But for the price meguiars is a good buy

On black cars the best is Ebony, you can only buy it at Auto Body Supply. You can go it by hand, but best with a wheel. The only place I know around here to get it, is Auto Body Express on 301 in fron of Grainger, Tampa East Blvd. Also it's not cheap.

Zymol has a wax called Ebony...is this the product yall are talking about?

i use the quick spray wax after each car wash. it takes 2 hours to do a real wax, and i WILL NOT do that EVERY WEEK!!! so in between the "real waxes" i use the spray & dry stuff. $5 at autozone. its def. not as good, but looks better than not using anything at all. in the summer i wash the car once a week, so needless to say i do use the spray stuff often. its alright. :)

Nick said:
Zymol has a wax called Ebony...is this the product yall are talking about?

Not that I know of, Ebony was a product by itself. Not unless Zymol bought them out. Thats possible.

eL eS said:
what are you guys using to get the swirls out of the paint?

I used to have a 69 Nova Street Rod that was Black with Black Rims and Black interior that I used to show in the Cleveland area. The ony thing everyone asked me is how I made it look like glass and why they were no swirls. The trick I learned is to apply the wax by hand with an application pad going back and forth horizontal with the lines of the car. I would apply wax on the fender, then do move to the door and then go back to the fender and buff off. Then apply wax to the rear fender/quarter then buff off the door. When I buffed each part, I used the same horizontal movement. Hood, roof, rear deck, all the same way. Once the whole care was complete, I would let it remain in the shade for 15 minutes, then spray each part with Quick Detailer and swip off instantly with same horizontal motion. This seems to remove any inperfections left behind with the wax.

Once your do this a couple of times, your paint surface is conditioned to horizontal waxing and you never see wax lines.

It's also wise to wash the car first, dry it and used new clean towelsapplication pads with each step.

This process usually took me 3-4 hours but well worth the time once every couple of months.

Chuck

I keep a bottle of qwik detailer in the trunk for the bird ca-ca attacks that happen through out the day.

detailing the LS and Wax

If you want to get the swirls out of your paint you'll need a random
orbit polishern like a Porter Cable 7224 or a Dewalt 443,and an
abrasive like Menzerna Intensive Polish followed up by their final polish.

Then seal,with Klasse All In One and wax ...your prefernce.

Try P21,or Poorboys Natty Wax.

For dark colors, like black or red you HAVE to try Pinnacle Souveran
wax to believe the shine and depth.

Check out www.detailcity.com or www.autopia.org

Mike :L

eL eS said:
what are you guys using to get the swirls out of the paint?

You could take it to a dealership and have them detail the exterior (clay bar, buff, wax) or buff it yourself. Although I dont advise one buffing their car as someone who doesn't know what they are doing can easily cause more harm than good, I do recommend a product from 3M called "3M Imperial Hand Glaze." Follow the directions and remove product with a microfiber towel and you'll get rid of the swirls. Also, don't buy into the spray on waxes as ALL of them are junk. If you're going to take the time to do something like that, take the time to do it right.

DLS8K said:
You could take it to a dealership and have them detail the exterior (clay bar, buff, wax) or buff it yourself. Although I dont advise one buffing their car as someone who doesn't know what they are doing can easily cause more harm than good, I do recommend a product from 3M called "3M Imperial Hand Glaze." Follow the directions and remove product with a microfiber towel and you'll get rid of the swirls. Also, don't buy into the spray on waxes as ALL of them are junk. If you're going to take the time to do something like that, take the time to do it right.

I am definitely a do it right guy. I have a very :q rententive method for washing my car. I have used scratchx sparinly and really want to find an effective product. I may buy some of that ebony and this 3m product and test on some small spots.

Thanks for the tip.

ez2h8 said:
I used to have a 69 Nova Street Rod that was Black with Black Rims and Black interior that I used to show in the Cleveland area. The ony thing everyone asked me is how I made it look like glass and why they were no swirls. The trick I learned is to apply the wax by hand with an application pad going back and forth horizontal with the lines of the car. I would apply wax on the fender, then do move to the door and then go back to the fender and buff off. Then apply wax to the rear fender/quarter then buff off the door. When I buffed each part, I used the same horizontal movement. Hood, roof, rear deck, all the same way. Once the whole care was complete, I would let it remain in the shade for 15 minutes, then spray each part with Quick Detailer and swip off instantly with same horizontal motion. This seems to remove any inperfections left behind with the wax.

Once your do this a couple of times, your paint surface is conditioned to horizontal waxing and you never see wax lines.

It's also wise to wash the car first, dry it and used new clean towelsapplication pads with each step.

This process usually took me 3-4 hours but well worth the time once every couple of months.

Chuck

Yeah I run on the horizontal now and am very stepwise with my process. I drive a lot of hwy and fall victim to some serious missle hazards.

Members online

No members online now.
Back