Sport or Non-Sport

My (now gone) 03 Premium Sport had chrome 8 spoke 17's, no bumper chrome, woodgrain trim / steering wheel / Shifter, v8 with 3.58 gear.

I have a 02 and chrome and when I did a check it was a sport model.... But when I look at my bumper it has square side markers not the rounded ones..

Gen 1 had the "Premium" package, which is sport suspension, 17" wheels, but wood steering wheel and shift knob, standard shifter, chrome bumpers.

Gen 1 had the "Premium" package, which is sport suspension, 17" wheels, but wood steering wheel and shift knob, standard shifter, chrome bumpers.

so from what you said its a "sport" but not a sport? :confused:

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The ONLY year for a FACTORY premium sport was 2002. It had the appearance of a non-sport with the sport "goodies" underneath. It also had basket-weave seat inserts. Since most parts are interchangeable between the generations the only sure way to tell how the car came from the factory is with a VIN check.

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The ONLY year for a FACTORY premium sport was 2002. It had the appearance of a non-sport with the sport "goodies" underneath. It also had basket-weave seat inserts. Since most parts are interchangeable between the generations the only sure way to tell how the car came from the factory is with a VIN check.

thank you for clarifying it a bit. I have seen bits and pieces here and there but never a full out discussion before.

I think Ford just added to many options for the buyer lol.

Weird. My 06 is a premium sport.

Weird. My 06 is a premium sport.

It's not really a premium sport. It is an '06 with the Premium Option Package; since all '06's (and all '03+ V8s) are "sports".

Additionally, when Lincoln changed the available arrays in '03 they changed the option packages. The non-sport V8 and sport V6 were eliminated in the U.S. market (Canada had more arrays thanks to the confusion of the American buyer). So..... for '03-'06 the two option packages were Ultimate and Premium.

Again, as pretty much all body parts are interchangeable things get interesting when owners customize their cars.

according to my window sticker...the premium is not an option to the sport but a standard equipment group...it doesn't say premium under options, it says it under standard equip.........so I guess there is an ultimate equipment group

according to my window sticker...the premium is not an option to the sport but a standard equipment group...it doesn't say premium under options, it says it under standard equip.........so I guess there is an ultimate equipment group

My wife's '04 is a V8 Sport. The window sticker says "order code 220A - V8 Sport" instead of "V8 Premium Sport - 222A." Her "Standard Vehicle Price" is $39,460.00 and yours is $43,520.00.

ALL 06s are sports regardless of option packages.

All 03+ V8s are sports. U.S. spec cars, that is. There were 3 '03 V6s running around that were sports, but I imagine they are long gone. There was some type of a cold weather package that was available that came with 16" wheels.

beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

how about this, anybody that is confused which model you have should just post "ME" and someone will be around shortly to exchange your Lincoln with a camery...

Members online

No members online now.
Back