Spoke with Magnaflow tech

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I deleted mufflers and straight piped from resonator (2.25) pushed tips out an inch, and getting MAD drone at 2000 RPM. Take off and cruising.

Called Magnaflow, and they recommend some small short cans to help kill the droning a bit. Looking for feedback if this will work.
Part: Magnaflow 5" round X 14"

5" ROUND 12865

Sorry for the late reply.

I did something similar to my 05 LS8.

I went with a Flowmaster 40 series in the tunnel... Drove it around and right at the 1800-2000 rpm it was not to my liking but sounded sweet everywhere else. I kinda figured this would be the case but had to hear for myself.
Had the muffler guys install resonators after the rear axle.

The drone is still there at 1800-2000 but it’s acceptable. Sounds good everywhere else, just a bit quieter now.

Why don’t you go with Magnaflow full catback? $920. Worth it though.

Why don’t you go with Magnaflow full catback? $920. Worth it though.

Yeah did that before, costed me $1200 CAD. Didn't really want to invest that much into this LS. A pair of cans and dynamat should do it.
Good thing tho is the exhaust is so loud, I can detect small sputters and I know somethings wrong. Helping me hear my engines piston fire XD

Sorry for the late reply.

I did something similar to my 05 LS8.

I went with a Flowmaster 40 series in the tunnel... Drove it around and right at the 1800-2000 rpm it was not to my liking but sounded sweet everywhere else. I kinda figured this would be the case but had to hear for myself.
Had the muffler guys install resonators after the rear axle.

The drone is still there at 1800-2000 but it’s acceptable. Sounds good everywhere else, just a bit quieter now.

ok great ty very much

Members online

No members online now.
Back