Speedometer off

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just noticed using my Torque app in the car that my speedometer is off. It reads 4-6 miles faster than what I'm going. Using the speedometers in torque from the OBDII and from the GPS.
Is there anyway to calibrate the speedometer in the dash?

Pull the needle off and put it back on in the right place. However, this is way more difficult to do correctly than it sounds.

Just noticed using my Torque app in the car that my speedometer is off. It reads 4-6 miles faster than what I'm going. Using the speedometers in torque from the OBDII and from the GPS.
Is there anyway to calibrate the speedometer in the dash?
I have the same exact thing. Speedometer reads 4, 5, 6, mph high. I just leave it, cuz it is a good excuse for when the cops pull you over........ That is IF they believe you.:)

I thought about doing that too. But I have slight OCD so I know it's just gonna stick in my craw that it's not reading correctly.

I have the same exact thing. Speedometer reads 4, 5, 6, mph high. I just leave it, cuz it is a good excuse for when the cops pull you over........ That is IF they believe you.:)

I've had mine for 20 years. Speedo always been 5mph or so high. Also odometer is high. And I've always thought Ford did it so the car's gas mileage would be inflated by about 10%. Keeps customer complaints down.

Oddly enough the info center's MPG estimate is almost dead on. The OBD reports the right speed so I don't think it would change the odometer or mileage.
If Lincoln did it on purpose then maybe it was so we wouldn't speed as much, thinking we are going faster than we actually are. (shrug)

The irony of it...... I got pulled over two days ago at 11:30 at night. He was going to give me a ticket, but only gave me a warning. I figured he would believe I was lying if I told him my spedometer was off by a couple mph.

Members online

No members online now.
Back