Speedometer not working..

Z_Drifter_87

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well for those of you who have read and replied with advice on the problem.. I was finally able to save some cash and take my care to a mechanic..
Well There were 9 DTC's that came up and the mechanic told me that i would need to probable replace my ABS module.. now my question.. should i take it off myself, check for any loose connections and what not.. or how should i go about this.. He wants to charge me 700+ to fix it when the part is only 200 on ebay.. and i managed to find it at a junk yard for 150.. So any more advice guys.. Thanks a whole lot..

If you're handy with tools, and if the ABS module is easy to get to do it yourself.

Well for those of you who have read and replied with advice on the problem.. I was finally able to save some cash and take my care to a mechanic..
Well There were 9 DTC's that came up and the mechanic told me that i would need to probable replace my ABS module.. now my question.. should i take it off myself, check for any loose connections and what not.. or how should i go about this.. He wants to charge me 700+ to fix it when the part is only 200 on ebay.. and i managed to find it at a junk yard for 150.. So any more advice guys.. Thanks a whole lot..

Could you post those 9 DTCs? Perhaps you don't really need an ABS module after all. It's a low likely hood that you would.

Do you have AdvanceTrac or just traction control? If you have Advancetrac, a recal procedure will have to be run after replacing the ABS module. This requires a Ford specific scan tool with the ability to run that procedure.

Could you post those 9 DTCs? Perhaps you don't really need an ABS module after all. It's a low likely hood that you would.

Do you have AdvanceTrac or just traction control? If you have Advancetrac, a recal procedure will have to be run after replacing the ABS module. This requires a Ford specific scan tool with the ability to run that procedure.

I know exactly where the ABS Module is.. Thanks
As far as the DTC's
P0500
p1000
p2106
b1676
b1342
b1875
u1041
u1262

Thanks

Oh and i have both advace trac and traction cntrl

P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction - Vehicle speed sensing is done by the ABS module using the wheel speed sensors.

P1000 OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete - Don't worry about this one.

p2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power - Often a result of marginal COPs (Coil On Plug)

41039 - not a valid code

b1676 - Battery Voltage out of range - would need to know which module this one came from.

b1342 - ECU is defective. Need to know which module reported this. It can come from any of the following modules.
Rear parking aid
FEM
DATC
heated/cooled seat module
Instrument cluster
Driver's seat module
Driver's door module
REM
RCM (SRS/airbags)
ABS
message center
nav system
Radio/CD
Electronic parking brake

If it is from the ABS, then you do indeed need a new ABS module.

b1875 - Turn Signal/Hazard Switch Signal Circuit Failure - Instrument cluster

u1041 - SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Vehicle Speed - FEM

u1262 - SCP (J1850) Communication Bus Fault - E Brake

Members online

No members online now.
Back