LSCGODDESS98

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
im in the market for rear shocks for my 98 lsc.im hearing that

Bilsteins shocks off a 03 cobra.

or

Mustang Cobra 00-04 Koni i think sport Yellow Shocks ...KONI SHOCKS
PART NUMBER: 251215

fits the 98 mark 8's. is this true? i need yes and no's to determin if this is a good buy and there no surprises once installation takes place.by the end of this week hopfully i get all work done.just waiting on my new rotors n brakes

anyhow,who has these ,and are you happy with them. or sHould i go manufactures

I replaced the rears on my 96 lsc with monroes for a v8 T-Bird. I think the part # was 5965. I felt they were too soft. Your other two choices are a bettter choice, and yes, they will fit. I suggest however that you have in hand new upper shock mounts when you begin the switch.

I went with Monroe Sensa track off a Chevy blazer, (2.25" inches shorter)
I couldnt be satisfied with the ride.

I went with Monroe Sensa track off a Chevy blazer, (2.25" inches shorter)
I couldnt be satisfied with the ride.

dumb question did the car look closer to the ground by going shorter like u did? maybe this would help me close the gap maybe...lol

i was wondering will the new shocks help me from getting torn up when goin ova dips..when i go 60+ and theres a dip in the road..myy left only rear tire gets scuffed by the wheel well. pass nothing heppends..so my only resort is to break at the moment so i dont scuff ;/
hope the shocks do me some good.

anyhow, i been lookin all day yesterday and some this morning. bilisteines /koni's are quite expensive.
anyone know where else i can get a pair of those at lesser price brand new....;/

IF your looking for parts off of a 03/04 cobra, try PPI, Performance Parts Incorporated. They carry all kinds of for mustang parts.

Edit: There addy is "performancepartsinc.com"

1999-04 KONI Sport (yellow) low pressure gas adjustable high-performance rear shock, cars with IRS, FREE shipping in the continental US!, new $115.59/each

dumb question did the car look closer to the ground by going shorter like u did? maybe this would help me close the gap maybe...lol

I wish I could answer that for you, but since I changed the car over to fast bags I needed a set of shorter shocks

I dont know whats keeping the car with stock suspension from being on the ground, it could be internal bumpstops in the bags or the shocks bottoming out.
1192412185.jpg

IF your looking for parts off of a 03/04 cobra, try PPI, Performance Parts Incorporated. They carry all kinds of for mustang parts.

Edit: There addy is "performancepartsinc.com"

1999-04 KONI Sport (yellow) low pressure gas adjustable high-performance rear shock, cars with IRS, FREE shipping in the continental US!, new $115.59/each

i got mine from maxx for about 70-80 to my door

That may be true, but the cobras use bilteins not KONI's. I was just giving another option.

anyhow, i been lookin all day yesterday and some this morning. bilisteines /koni's are quite expensive.
anyone know where else i can get a pair of those at lesser price brand new....;/

Max will give you a great deal... for OEM parts

But for a good set of shocks at a great price and a good ride go with the Monroes...

Also you don't need the shock mounts. Take the mounts you have and have the rubber cut out or burned out. Then use the busshings that come with the new shocks. You'll never know the difference. Shock mounts will cost about $70 total from Max but they will wear out gain.

You can get the solid mounts off eBay for about $35 but like I said you don't need them.

i was wondering will the new shocks help me from getting torn up when goin ova dips..when i go 60+ and theres a dip in the road..myy left only rear tire gets scuffed by the wheel well. pass nothing heppends..so my only resort is to break at the moment so i dont scuff ;/
hope the shocks do me some good.

I'm having exactly the same problem. It did not go away after replacing the shocks. I think I need to get another alignment done to straighten everything out after driving the rear driver side wheel into a curb at speed. It started happening after that.

i came across this..since i hear that cobra suspention parts can fit our mark..u think this will do?
set of 4 ( 2 HB3140 FRONT STRUTS, and 2 HE3751 Rear ) Tokico HP premium blue struts/ shocks to fit 1999 to 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra with IRS only (Independent rear suspension models only).

17_1.jpg

forgive me if this is wrong..just figure the price seem ok for all 4

or should they be these...

PART#'S VE3-4593-W0 FRONT; BE5-C265-H0 REAR
afa9_1_b.jpg

or these...
ab6d_2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back