Speakers for 2000 Lincoln ls

watsonsfather

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My factory speakers have just blown and I need some replacements. I need some advice on some speakers I can install myself that are direct install speakers. I got a diagram on how to remove the old speakers but I don't think I have the knowledge or patients to install a amplifier. Crutchfield suggested some sds-517 from Alpine and they have some good reviews but I would like some other options.

My factory speakers have just blown and I need some replacements. I need some advice on some speakers I can install myself that are direct install speakers. I got a diagram on how to remove the old speakers but I don't think I have the knowledge or patients to install a amplifier. Crutchfield suggested some sds-517 from Alpine and they have some good reviews but I would like some other options.

I used Infinity Kappa in the rear doors and Polk component in the front doors. I mounted the tweeters on the panel opposite the mirrors.

Be careful that you get speakers that won't need too much power. You need to know the power output of the stock radio and the minimum power required from the speakers.

Crutchfield suggested some sds-517 from Alpine

do you mean SPS 517?

if so, those are great speakers. alpine always has real smooth sounding speakers, and the type S's are efficient enough to not need an amp, but can also handle enough power to be driven with an amp if you choose so.

I love the way polks sound, but them all the way around in my old GMC Sierra, sounds great. Clear, loud, with good bass.

My buddy just put some alpine type S in his Mazda 3, and they sound good also. No matter which one you go with you will be happy. Although I know how you feel, blew one of my Polk DXi's this weekend :/

I'd go with those Alpines. I put Kickers in mine using adaptor plates and pigtails, so I can always switch to something else. I never did replace the rear deck speakers after taking out the factory 'box'.

Almost ANYTHING is an improvement over the stock, base system paper whizzer cones!

In my brothers LS we have Fosgate 5x7 in the rear and Fosgate 6.5 in the front on home made adapter plates. They sound very good. It all depends on price. Usually the $50-80 range, most brands of speakers look and sound the same. Poly cone with a fabric dome tweet. They will sound light years better than stock. From that point on, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend and how much work you want to put in. Watch out though, this is a hobby that can get addicting and very expensive, very quickly!!!

Fosgate is a name I haven't heard since the 80s, but always in reverence. I might try and look at those. From what I remember they were always pretty high quality.

I am running Pioneer 4-ways in the doors....I like them, I won't touch a Pioneer HU but their speakers are still pretty decent for the price.

Fosgate is a name I haven't heard since the 80s, but always in reverence. I might try and look at those. From what I remember they were always pretty high quality.

I'm running an RF amp in the '00.

I think I have narrowed it down to two. The first is the RF T1682. I saw good reviews with them and the Pioneer TS-A6885R. It also had some great reviews and is a tad bit cheaper. Everyone has given some great suggestions and now I am excited about the prospects.

Ive never liked pioneer speakers, the plastics they use in the tweeters always sounds too harsh to me... especially with a 4way!

haven't listened to rockford speakers in a long time, its been a few years since we sold them. if the name structure is still anywhere near the same, the Power series was the good stuff.

Bullet proof speakers!

i just bought
ALPINE SPS-517x4

I personally have never heard them, I have read great things about them: These are about the component set, but I am sure the results would be very similar.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/67483-bravox-cs60k-component-set-review.html
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/44468-bravox-cs60k-component-set-review/
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=294595&page=306
It also looks like the Bravox company makes drivers for a lot of high end Home Audio applications.

Those Bravox speakers are 5x7 and mine are 6x8. Will I have to buy some sort of mounting bracket to make them fit? Keep in mind I am a novice installer. I have installed several sets of speakers in the past, but they were all one to one installs. I have also never installed an amp, but I think I might like to try because my battery is in the trunk.

Nope, they fit the same holes. I still do not know why they specify those sizes. There are different holes on the speaker that will line up with the mounting holes in the door. You will get the most difference in sound by replacing the front speakers. With the rear speakers they are so low and right behind the seats, you won't get as big of a difference.

The amp--could probably end up being an "easy" install for a novice. If you change out the head unit to an aftermarket, it will make it easier, but you can search and find how to add a Line out convertor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back