Spark Plugs

To get to them you have to take off valve covers, then coil plugs that sit on top of spark plugs.

3 0n the driver side are easy to see, the 3 on the passenger side are underneath the intake manifold. You have to remove it to get to the right side COPs.

Yeah it is about a 6 hour job the first time you remove it. If you decide to go it alone rather than take it to the stealership shoot me a PM and I will send yu my phone number you can call just in case you have any problems.

Quik LS said:
shoot me your e-mail and I'll send you a pdf on the job

I wish I had a buck for every time that .pdf was emailed out to someone. I should've copyrighted that bastard!

Tell me about it. Rule #1 in this forum should be to get your sorry ass a service manual or CD for $15.

I used the Denso Iridium but anything but Bosch Platinums seems to be the going word. Plugs never give you HP but they can restore lost HP ad that is the result of them being new so you probably would do just as well with the 5 dollar motorcraft plugs.

I bought the denso plugs out of curiosity and hopes that i could get some decent life out of them becasue I do not wish to have to replace my passenger side anytime soon. There is too much disassembly on the V6 but now that I have done it a few times suspect I could do it much faster in the future.

Platinums??

Are the downers on Platinums just driving LS's. I have them in my Mark VIII and I for one do not have any problems. I have always used Platinums in all of my Vehicles and have never had a spark plug related issue.

bufordtpisser said:
Are the downers on Platinums just driving LS's. I have them in my Mark VIII and I for one do not have any problems. I have always used Platinums in all of my Vehicles and have never had a spark plug related issue.

no way all about platinum, everyone loves a little plat in their life

denso's are gangsta plugs however, old school :Bang

bufordtpisser said:

I have never used them and can' give a real world opinion on them. IIRC it could be the Platinum 4s that were the problem makers and not the standard plats.

Platinum plugs

bufordtpisser said:

Buford,
Tried two different brands of platinums in my Mark VII. Both times I went back to Ford plugs. Plats are still in my tool box. Never seemed to do as well in the mountains. Don't know why. Think my LS came with iridiums in it. Lincolnlov

Ford will actually tell you NOT to use the platinum plugs. They have had issues. Not sure what they are, but I listened. I would use the recommended plug from Motorcraft. You KNOW that will be the right plug. As to longevity...if you keep the engine in good shape, it should be the last set of plugs you will ever put in the car unless you just drive the crap out of it. I would expect near 100,000 miles out of them. I have changed plugs with near that mileage that I would have had no issues gapping and reinstalling. These ignition systems are that good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back