Spanked a SRT4

why is it everytime 02la;jlsierjouigf28120 smokes someone everyone wants to call BS? its clear he has a beast of an LS with some unique mods on it that would put it well above your average LS.
side note: a lot of people greatly underestimate the difference FWD and RWD will make in a drag...

stock srt-4 times: 0-60 Quarter Mile
2003 Dodge SRT-4 5.6 14.1
2004 Dodge SRT-4 5.3 13.9

I'd say it was bad driving, obviously, since he missed third but a good feeling to put one of those clows in their place since I despise those cars.

SRT-4s a garbage to me. They look, sound, handle, and are about as reliable as garbage. All I ever see them do is try to take people from rolls. I can't really take much from a roll with AWD.

I pulled up next to one at a light that had a pretty tight, maybe 60-70 degree corner right after it and he started doing his show and dance, sounded like a popcorn machine was sneezing between the blow off valve and the exhaust. I prayed my trans held up with a 5k clutch dump right into that corner about 50 yards ahead. I watched him bee-line from the light right into a farm field after we took off while I heard my tires just barely reaching adhesion.
Found out later at a local car show he was an Army pogue who spent his enlistment bonus on buying it.

I've had countless arguements over it being a Neon. It has been and always will be to me. Just because it's an "SRT-4" doesn't make it any less a Neon just like a Charger SRT-8 or Caliber SRT-4 are no less a Charger or Caliber.

No bs and no luck. I am to quite aware what they can run and have seen tons of them at the track. I have beaten them at the track when poorly driven or not driven to there potential a few times.

Read my first post I said I was kinda surprized.

It had exhaust for sure and the collection of gauges on the dash cluster....show no go.

We couldn't seen the light coming....I was faster to get out.

We both spun a little but a FWD typically goes no where when spinning and the heavy reared LS moves out usually fine with spin. I took the car lenght right away.

He missed third so the race was over at say 50-55. But he had gained absolutely nothing at that point as far as I could tell, he was kinda in my blind spot.

So say his car is .5 quicker in the quarter. I took half that right at the line. To get the other .2-.3 back would have taking him till 90 or more.

Point is he was the one revving and pushing me to go. Other than rolling up a few feet to get lined up I made no reaction.....Then spanked him. I'm sure his passenger was laughin at him. He sure drove like a pissed off punk afterwards.

ahh the imfamous ricer flyby followed by the drive like a douche technique. they always seem to do that.. Thats one reason I traded mine after about 4 months of having it, and went with the jeep srt8, I never wanted to be associated with that ricer crowd. Very rarely do they know how to drive, and when they attempt to they drive live douches. And there is something with those cars, they don't like to go into 3rd all the time. It might have something to do with the slot machine like throw. The stage 2 was probably one of the funniest cars I have owned, no lie it was fun to drive. But after the cuteness wore off it was just a neon.

The REAL question is....

Mark VIII vs LS V8.....

Uh oh...
chair.gif

sorry i couldn't resist, its right off the LVC web sight when you click on the VIII forums

as much as i loved my mark, its no LS;)

Must.....be........punished.......for.......blasphemy !......... ;)

Yup, I have a friend who had one of those, Neon SRT. I drove it once, was not impressed. I had to keep the steering wheel 'turning left' to keep it straight. I hate FWD, I have never driven one that did not pull to the right.

He did some ricer damage to it, clipped the rear bumper on something. Sold it for 10k and took a Neon for trade. Spent the 10k on a Miata. He loves 4 bangers. He's in Iraq currently, and spent his enlistment bonus on putting some turbo JDM motor in a 240sx, that promptly bent a rod.

But, he did admit that it was a NEON and rarely called it SRT.

I hate FWD, I have never driven one that did not pull to the right.
My Cadillac would pull to the left. HARD to the left. Great for passing, didn't even have to touch the wheel. Just let go and stomp the gas. :D
That car was great in the snow too.

I had a stage 3 SRT and lost every single stoplight race. Every single one, didn't matter who I ran.. lol No traction FTW. :(

I raced my ex's GTO and lost but I was spinning up to her back window in the top of second before we had to slow. We always knew who was incredibly faster, but she didn't let me live it down.

Also, on 18lbs and with major boost leak issues wrong spark plugs, I ran a 13.7 and missed every single gear. lol In her last days, she was 28lbs had meth, and ran 100LL. She spun 3rd.

These are freeway killers, but I did get a better 60' in the SRT than the lincoln. hahaha. LSD ftw.

Members online

No members online now.
Back